IEC 2017

Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2017

does this look like a solid checklist to take for entering Canada to activate your IEC/work permit.

POE Letter
Passport
Proof of funds of CAD 2500 (perhaps not a strict requirement anymore?)
Proof of insurance that covers you for the entire time you wish to stay (24 Months)

Have I omitted anything? obviously I haven't included any personal items in that checklist, just things required to show the border officer to ensure smooth processing.

Cheers, Cray
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, include an electronic travel authorisation on that too as well as I believe they are required now.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Looks fine
Old Jul 28th 2017, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

The writing on the letter of invitation has me a little turned around with regards to eTA's. Do we need to get an eTA to enter Canada on on the IEC program? I can see info about student's having to get one but not IEC participants
Old Jul 28th 2017, 4:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CRAY
The writing on the letter of invitation has me a little turned around with regards to eTA's. Do we need to get an eTA to enter Canada on on the IEC program? I can see info about student's having to get one but not IEC participants
I believe it's automatic.
If you need an eTA, you’ll automatically receive one when your work permit application is approved.
Apply for a work permit – International Experience Canada
Old Jul 31st 2017, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

I'm still a little uneasy about whether or not to apply for an eTA.

This is from last year

https://mobile.twitter.com/iec_eic/status/695925124311216128?lang=en

But I have read several other sources saying that regardless of your work permit you need an eTA.

Hmmm...
Old Jul 31st 2017, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CRAY
I'm still a little uneasy about whether or not to apply for an eTA.

This is from last year

https://mobile.twitter.com/iec_eic/s...216128?lang=en

But I have read several other sources saying that regardless of your work permit you need an eTA.

Hmmm...
Everyone flying into Canada needs an eTA (except for Canadian citizens/PRs, and Americans). Since August 2015, everyone getting a work or study permit (IEC is a work permit) have been issued eTAs as part of the approval. They are tied to a passport, so if you change your passport between approval and arrival you will need a new one.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 1:41 am
Just Joined

SIASports is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PLEASE PUT MY MIND TO REST! IEC!

Hey everyone!

I received my ITA for the IEC Working Holiday Visa. I'm from the UK, have a clean police certificate and nothing out of the ordinary. I have uploaded all my files and paid the application fee and submitted.

My question is, I do not yet have a job offer in Canada but a company has agreed that if I'm accepted for the visa they will employ me for the 2-year term. I put in the application that I do NOT have a valid written job offer (as right now I don't).

Will this affect the decision? I assume not as it states that it's not needed to have a job arranged yet to participate in the IEC Working holiday program.

Also, processing times state it could take up to 8 weeks. Is this generally true or have POE been coming quicker?

Final and most important question - for what reasons could I be rejected the visa and not receive a POE? Is this common.. I'm a UK citizen and no criminal record and everything is normal on my application. Do they still reject people or does the ITA pretty much lock me in to that spot assuming I haven't lied about anything and everything is straight forward..?

Why could I be rejected. I want to get excited but worrying about the decision. Very anxious as it's a dream of mine to go to Canada! It's such a beautiful country.

Thank you all and all feedback will be hugely appreciated!!
Old Aug 1st 2017, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Greg87 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm new to the forum so hello everyone

I'm currently in the pool for this years IEC invites, does anyone know when the last round is likely to go out? I turn 31 in April next year so will put my name in again in October and hope I get invited before my birthday if not...what do you think my chances of getting an invite before April if I apply as soon as the pools open? I'm aware that the odds on getting one for this years draw are pretty slim but hoping I may have a better chance next time around!

Best of luck to anyone else still in the pool!
Old Aug 1st 2017, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

BNH43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SIASports
Will this affect the decision? I assume not as it states that it's not needed to have a job arranged yet to participate in the IEC Working holiday program.

Also, processing times state it could take up to 8 weeks. Is this generally true or have POE been coming quicker?

Final and most important question - for what reasons could I be rejected the visa and not receive a POE? Is this common.. I'm a UK citizen and no criminal record and everything is normal on my application. Do they still reject people or does the ITA pretty much lock me in to that spot assuming I haven't lied about anything and everything is straight forward..?
At this point the only sensible reasons I can think of which they could use to reject you would be:
* Lying on your application
* Showing up at the airport with no insurance or without proof that you have the necessary funds
* Not completing the application quick enough (in this case you just lose the ITA and have to go back into the pool, this would be really bad since there are 5153 candidates fighting over 838 spots even with the quota increase of 2,000 last week in the UK WH program)

My understanding is that with the ITA you have your foot in the door. I'm not 100% certain because when I did my application, I didn't research that aspect a lot since Australia has an unlimited quota so it's dead easy to get an invitation.

8 week processing time depends entirely on how complicated your case is, I submitted my application on the 27th of February 2017 and was approved on the 1st of March 2017! Their website stated "8 weeks" even back then.

I'm glad you're excited about this, I was very excited earlier this year but now it's getting so close to the move out date I'm starting to get pretty scared to be honest. You're really lucky to have an informal job offer without having stepped in the country though! Not mentioning the job shouldn't be an issue since you don't have it in writing.

(Sorry if this formats weirdly, for some reason the board wouldn't let me quote your post but every other post was fine, I had to trick it with multiquote to get the bbcode)

Last edited by BNH43; Aug 1st 2017 at 1:03 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Greg87
I'm new to the forum so hello everyone

I'm currently in the pool for this years IEC invites, does anyone know when the last round is likely to go out? I turn 31 in April next year so will put my name in again in October and hope I get invited before my birthday if not...what do you think my chances of getting an invite before April if I apply as soon as the pools open? I'm aware that the odds on getting one for this years draw are pretty slim but hoping I may have a better chance next time around!

Best of luck to anyone else still in the pool!
Is this for the UK working holiday? Nobody knows when it is going to end but last week they upped the quota to 7,000 from 5,000. Happy to be corrected but I believe this is the first time they've updated the quota this year, or really made any real changes other than updating the spots, candidates and invitations.

There's still a field for the second round which is TBA still, they've just populated this field for the Croatia, Costa Rica, Germany, Republic of Latvia, Lithuania and Poland working holiday programs. (I've been scraping IRCC data for a while and this change wrought havoc on the system, last night spent about 2 hours fiddling with the code to get it to work again)

Maybe we'll see some movement or maybe that was the only burst of activity we'll get from IRCC for a while, nobody really knows!

Good luck.

Last edited by BNH43; Aug 1st 2017 at 1:16 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Greg87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BNH43
Is this for the UK working holiday? Nobody knows when it is going to end but last week they upped the quota to 7,000 from 5,000. Happy to be corrected but I believe this is the first time they've updated the quota this year, or really made any real changes other than updating the spots, candidates and invitations.

There's still a field for the second round which is TBA still, they've just populated this field for the Croatia, Costa Rica, Germany, Republic of Latvia, Lithuania and Poland working holiday programs. (I've been scraping IRCC data for a while and this change wrought havoc on the system, last night spent about 2 hours fiddling with the code to get it to work again)

Maybe we'll see some movement or maybe that was the only burst of activity we'll get from IRCC for a while, nobody really knows!

Good luck.
Hmmmm well that sounds promising at least thanks for sharing! Just hoping for some positive news soon really! I'm going crazy from checking my emails every few minutes in case of an update haha
Old Aug 21st 2017, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

james28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC Pools

Hi Everyone

Another IEC question I'm afraid. My application has just been put in a pool which according to the website it is a 'very low ' chance of getting an invitation. Although I am seeing people still getting invites? Does anyone have any information on this or anyone recently applied and still got an invite?

Many thanks
James

Last edited by james28; Aug 21st 2017 at 4:35 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2017, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IRC Pools

People are getting invites - an extra 2000 spaces were added. But with about 7,000 people in the pool at the time that happened, I'm afraid most will still be disappointed this year. Still, there's a chance, and the invites have to go somewhere - it could be you
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
People are getting invites - an extra 2000 spaces were added. But with about 7,000 people in the pool at the time that happened, I'm afraid most will still be disappointed this year. Still, there's a chance, and the invites have to go somewhere - it could be you
It looks like that additional 2,000 invitations has already been eaten up as there are only 113 spots left, though they do regularly marginally increase the spots week on week. The chance given of 'Very Low' seems accurate unfortunately, there's stuff all spots and just an insane number of candidates.

Unfortunately it looks like a lot of people in the UK may end up having to wait until they do a whole new round.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.