IEC 2016

Old Jan 13th 2016, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

1ns0uc1ant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2016

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
They will only request one if your name and DOB match someone in the system.
I wouldn't bother applying for one but you can if you wish.
I was ticketed for speeding by my local police (regina, Sask) but paid off my tickets well before the deadline. Would this flag me in the RCMP records?

Cheers
Old Jan 13th 2016, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1ns0uc1ant
I was ticketed for speeding by my local police (regina, Sask) but paid off my tickets well before the deadline. Would this flag me in the RCMP records?

Cheers
No.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply.
I guess to be on the safe side I best start applying. I'd rather they ask for it and I can present one than have them request it and my application is on hold and I'll be running around frantically trying to get it done.
If you want to waste your money sure:

The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions.
How to get a police certificate - Canada

Having been involved with this process for a number of years and applied myself having lived in Canada, you don't need to get one unless they come to you. Save yourself the money and stress
Old Jan 13th 2016, 7:30 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
If you want to waste your money sure: How to get a police certificate - Canada Having been involved with this process for a number of years and applied myself having lived in Canada, you don't need to get one unless they come to you. Save yourself the money and stress
^^^ This
You have just been informed by 2 separate posters you don't require an RCMP check (one poster being a CBSA officer).
Up to you either way
Old Jan 13th 2016, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
If you want to waste your money sure:

How to get a police certificate - Canada

Having been involved with this process for a number of years and applied myself having lived in Canada, you don't need to get one unless they come to you. Save yourself the money and stress
Originally Posted by beckiwoo
^^^ This
You have just been informed by 2 separate posters you don't require an RCMP check (one poster being a CBSA officer).
Up to you either way
Thanks for the responses guys. I did some digging and with all the associated costs it'll be more hassle than it's worth. I'd be $400 out of pocket by my estimate
Old Jan 14th 2016, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

cm_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any experience getting a WHV with health conditions? I received my ITA on Tuesday. I've found insurance that will cover me for when I'm there so that shouldn't be a problem but it's still worrying me.

Also, I have a gap of 1 year in employment from a few years ago. Is this likely to make a difference? Do I need to explain this or just leave it as unemployed? I've been working for the last 18 months.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cm_1
Does anyone have any experience getting a WHV with health conditions? I received my ITA on Tuesday. I've found insurance that will cover me for when I'm there so that shouldn't be a problem but it's still worrying me.

Also, I have a gap of 1 year in employment from a few years ago. Is this likely to make a difference? Do I need to explain this or just leave it as unemployed? I've been working for the last 18 months.
A medical exam is not required for an IEC visa (unless you intend to/want to work with children, for example).

An employment gap won't make a difference either.
Old Jan 15th 2016, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

pbut is an unknown quantity at this point

My girlfriend has had her invitation to apply this week so around a 3 week turnaround for her - quick question regarding proof of funds (I don't remember from when I went)

Do you need to submit proof of the minimum C$2500 during the application at any time? Or just take bank statements for when you enter Canada?

Thanks
Old Jan 15th 2016, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pbut
My girlfriend has had her invitation to apply this week so around a 3 week turnaround for her - quick question regarding proof of funds (I don't remember from when I went)

Do you need to submit proof of the minimum C$2500 during the application at any time? Or just take bank statements for when you enter Canada?

Thanks
Seems pretty clear you need to show funds upfront with the application Apply for a work permit – International Experience Canada as for invitation turnaround process is supposedly totally random as some people entered pool dec 1 still no invitation, some people entered pool last week have invites
Old Jan 15th 2016, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
During, and I suspect you could potentially still be asked at the border if CBSA officer wants to check.
Old Jan 17th 2016, 6:26 pm
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitors insurance for IEC work permit

Hi all,

One of my friends just got accepted through the IEC this year and is wondering what companies are good for the insurance needed for his stay in Canada? Anybody have any advice on that? Many thanks.
Old Jan 17th 2016, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Visitors insurance for IEC work permit

Originally Posted by Joepottinger
Hi all,

One of my friends just got accepted through the IEC this year and is wondering what companies are good for the insurance needed for his stay in Canada? Anybody have any advice on that? Many thanks.
I'm going to be doing research on this myself once I get my PoE however I hear True Traveller cover the 24 month period that IEC work permits allow.

https://www.truetraveller.com/iec-tr....aspx?tag=4283

Hope that helps
Old Jan 17th 2016, 7:25 pm
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visitors insurance for IEC work permit

I'm going to be doing research on this myself once I get my PoE however I hear True Traveller cover the 24 month period that IEC work permits allow.

https://www.truetraveller.com/iec-tr....aspx?tag=4283

Hope that helps
Thanks very much. I'll let him know
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

pbut is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how many rounds/invitations have been issued so far?
Old Jan 19th 2016, 10:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know how many rounds/invitations have been issued so far?
No idea on the number of rounds, but according to the website 2330 ITA's have been issued so far - although it only seems to be updated on Wednesdays, so presumably there's another weeks worth to be added tomorrow.

HTH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.