IEC 2015

Old Jan 1st 2015, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Did you not hear about anyone one here asking about where CIC is with the wait list. They got up to 8000 in the end. People drop out, people don't pay or they get rejected so this frees up spaces
No I didn't, though to be fair once I had mine I got my CAL and tried to enjoy Christmas

I thought you only got a WTN if you got your application submitted before they ran out. I guess if you get a number below 5000 then you know you have one allocated, anything above and you're playing a waiting game to see if anyone drops out.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

I dont know where you guys are reading undefined, mine just said
Quota: 0
Spots available: 0

At bottom of page, Date Modified: 2014-12-31
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 3:35 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leaf25
No I didn't, though to be fair once I had mine I got my CAL and tried to enjoy Christmas

I thought you only got a WTN if you got your application submitted before they ran out. I guess if you get a number below 5000 then you know you have one allocated, anything above and you're playing a waiting game to see if anyone drops out.
Exactly

It does mean it isn't the end of the world if you get in above the quota but it is something to think about when getting the police check done as it is only valid for 3 months.

I have a medical to get as well so having to pay another £45 would be a lot to me so for me I'm holding off until I know I am in
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

The waiting list is definitely a good thing, hopefully it doesnt come to that for any of us though.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

videomannico is an unknown quantity at this point

hey there bex ive been reading this forum trying to get my stuff together for iec ,i have couple of questions as i am panicking that i dont have everything in order.

--- should i make a cic acc now ?

--- im applying for my police check - do i need that as soon as i get my kompass acc?

---what documents are required as soon as it is live and what documents after ?

any help would be amazing , many thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

ukcanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, hoping someone may be able to help me out here, can't seem to find i on a forum

I'm already in Canada on the working holiday visa and looking to renew for this year

Do I need a new ACRO police certificate?
If so, would I use my current Canada address? Or my permanent address in the UK?

Thanks in advance, and here's hoping for a nice easy process whenever they open!
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

paperbackreader is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I too am a little unsure over when best to apply for the police check. The official pages say you may be asked to submit a police check. I believe this has to be submitted to MyCIC rather than Kompass. Is it basically a given that a police check will be asked for?

I'm a little apprehensive to spend the money on a police check just now in case it's not required or in case I'm way down the waiting list.

Thanks all!
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paperbackreader
Hi all,
I'm a little apprehensive to spend the money on a police check just now in case it's not required or in case I'm way down the waiting list.
In CIC's eyes, police checks are valid so long as they are submitted by the time the 3 months is up - the clock freezes.

Medicals, if applicable, are valid for 12 months from the date issued by physician, regardless of submittal or not - the clock does not freeze. This means if the application takes more than 12 months to be processed then you need to resubmit a new one when CIC request you to do so.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by David3627
In CIC's eyes, police checks are valid so long as they are submitted by the time the 3 months is up - the clock freezes.
Hi David, thanks for the reply!

Do you mean you have 3 months to file your CIC application and therefore I can hold off on the police check until I get to that stage (having received a CAL and getting my CIC setup)?

I'm not sure if thats what you mean or if you mean getting a police check now will mean I've three months to use it.

Apologies if I've missed the obvious!

thanks!
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paperbackreader
Do you mean you have 3 months to file your CIC application and therefore I can hold off on the police check until I get to that stage (having received a CAL and getting my CIC setup)?

I'm not sure if thats what you mean or if you mean getting a police check now will mean I've three months to use it.
You have 3 months to use it. The IEC application process will only allow you a short amount of time to upload everything for stage 2 and definitely won't be as long as 3 months. The police check is useful for any CIC process, not just IEC.

What I am basically saying is, it should take you about a week to fill the form in and collect the address/ID proof. Then it should take you up to 2 weeks to get the police check posted to you, taking you to nearly the end of January. It is expected that IEC will be open around that time.

That means the certificate is valid until the end of April - way after IEC is expected to open.

Long story short = GET POLICE CHECK SENT ASAP
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks David.

Did you apply in 2014? Did they require a police check at the CIC part of the process? I'm not sure why the official documentation says you may have to get a police check rather than saying you definetely will. I'll assume I need one and get on it. Thanks!
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

Still no sign of when it will open for this year?
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 8:02 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Am alternative to sending the form back from Canada and getting the certificate sent to you is complete the form now, have all you address proofs ready and photo etc and send it back to someone in the UK to post. Put on there that you want the certicate sent back to your UK address and get it scanned in ready to upload. Someone can then send out the original to you as there.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, for those that applied last year, was a police report and a medical required?

I've got the fear now! £45 for a police report I can handle but I assume a medical can be costly!

Fyi I've lived in the uk continuously since birth.

Thanks!
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 9:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

A medical's only required if you want to work in certain fields i.e. with children.

Although tbh, if you're worried about a couple of hundred quid for a medical, then do you definitely have enough to move on an IEC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.