IEC 2015

Old Dec 17th 2014, 3:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by David3627
Oh great. More money I don't have. Alongside the $2500 I need to have in my bank account.
And that may increase, it usually goes up a bit each year in line with inflation. Sorry.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy. Thank you for the info, people.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 5:05 pm
St John's NL

Young163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really nice

I could well be wrong, but I thought as long as you had applied for PR within 4 months of IEC permit ending and once you had received AOR you could then apply for BOWP therefore negating need to apply for another IEC permit? Or maybe not enough time to do this?
Old Dec 17th 2014, 5:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Young163
I could well be wrong, but I thought as long as you had applied for PR within 4 months of IEC permit ending and once you had received AOR you could then apply for BOWP therefore negating need to apply for another IEC permit? Or maybe not enough time to do this?
Only if you've applied for PR via certain routes - Spousal Sponsorship isn't among them.

HTH.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 6:01 pm
St John's NL

Young163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really nice
Smile Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Only if you've applied for PR via certain routes - Spousal Sponsorship isn't among them.

HTH.
Ah ok, didn't realise this.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 6:10 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just check that I need new medical done again to get the conditions taken off work permit? I read that if I was to use my one from last year, my LOI would only be valid until that date??

Luckily after calling some of the approved medical places in vancouver. It shouldn't cost me anymore then $300 for everything. My first medical in the UK was $400!!!!
Old Dec 17th 2014, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

gemzaaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I'm from Scotland and will be applying for the IEC when it's released. I already have a job offer to be an au pair in Vancouver and have a couple of questions about the IEC process:

1) Does the ACPO police check apply to us Scots as well? As on the ACPO website it says Scottish convictions are not included
2) As i'll be looking after children I'm required to get a medical - am I better getting this up-front or just doing it if I get a CAL? I wouldn't want to miss out on a visa if the medical takes too long.. but at the same time the medical is £370 and I don't want to get it and risk not getting a visa...

Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Old Dec 17th 2014, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gemzaaa
Hi all,

I'm from Scotland and will be applying for the IEC when it's released. I already have a job offer to be an au pair in Vancouver and have a couple of questions about the IEC process:

1) Does the ACPO police check apply to us Scots as well? As on the ACPO website it says Scottish convictions are not included
2) As i'll be looking after children I'm required to get a medical - am I better getting this up-front or just doing it if I get a CAL? I wouldn't want to miss out on a visa if the medical takes too long.. but at the same time the medical is £370 and I don't want to get it and risk not getting a visa...

1)Yes it does

Spoiler:
If I have lived in different regions of the United Kingdom, or other countries, would I be required to get more than one Police Certificate?

The Police Certificate provided by ACRO covers the whole of the United Kingdom. Applicants who have lived abroad may be required to provide evidence of good character, or to disclose their previous criminal history in that other country. Advice should be sought from the relevant Embassy, High Commission, Consulate or other organisation that is requesting a Police Certificate.

Who can apply for a Police Certificate?

Anyone who has lived in the UK for any length of time, regardless of nationality. Only the individual wishing to obtain a police certificate can apply, third parties applications will not be accepted.

2) Your choice. I'm sure you'll get a range of different opinions on this one. Personally I wouldn't spend the money until I atleast get the CAL. If you need more time to prepare and submit a medical you can request additional time
Old Dec 17th 2014, 6:45 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gemzaaa
Hi all,

You can usually get in pretty quick with medicals - usually within the week you phone up. You do an upfront but ask them for proof of the medical so you can upload to CIC and submit as it takes time for the results to go to them.

They will accept a proof of medical whilst they wait on the results.

Bad luck with the cost though. I will never get another one done in the UK - it's a rip off!
Old Dec 17th 2014, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

gemzaaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Beckiwoo and Chrisban for your help! I think I'll hold off getting my medical until I at least have a CAL then - don't really have £370 to waste if I don't get one!

And yeah I was shocked at the price, but oh well it'll all be worth it eh? I think I'll send away for my Police Check in the next week or so.

Thanks again for the help!
Old Dec 17th 2014, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or does it all look the same, process wise? Just gotta look in a new place for when they are released? They've organised all the information in one place rather than having multiple sites for different countries/permits.'

Essentially the IEC is a working holiday permit.

Apply with Kompass account on the day they are released
Upload Resume and passport documents
Wait to hear back if you are successful/ok to proceed to CIC
Apply to CIC with initial letter/acceptance onto program and upload police certificates/forms within 15 days of getting your reference number (from when they are released)

Or am I out of sync?

I'm already on IEC from last year, and in a full time permanent job in IT. I've held off on the police certificates because of the Christmas post.

Last edited by Leaf25; Dec 17th 2014 at 11:16 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 11:21 pm
Bex in the city

I'm wondering if people are struggling with the 15 day time frame to hold off on making payment at the kompass stage - you get 10 days to submit payment right?
Old Dec 17th 2014, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I'm wondering if people are struggling with the 15 day time frame to hold off on making payment at the kompass stage - you get 10 days to submit payment right?
That rings a bell from last year. I remember doing it later that day, but then once that was all confirmed and I could proceed with CIC I did it after Christmas, as I had three months. Guess they are cutting down on late applications and getting it more streamlined.
Old Dec 18th 2014, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Kassibien will become famous soon enoughKassibien will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=ChrisBan;11505184] Assume you're directing this at me, I'm in the UK so I was in bed sleeping at 2am, having nightmares about BE when this was posted. Luckily, I'm not going to troll you behind a made up username. I'm lazy as it is, let alone have to log in, log out all the time

This isn't the first time someone has posted sentiment similar to IECpuzzle on these IEC threads, and I'm sure it wont be the last.

At the end of the day you'll receive all the help you need (with some gentle encouragement along the way). I'm done with my IEC permits, I don't have to be here but I want to help.

Oh!, that 'IEC puzzle' was a troll, haha, wow my buttons really are easy to press - im not usually online and don't have my wits about me when it comes to things like trolls. I thought there was something odd in that name - and NO definitely not aimed at you ChrisBan, no more stress,*breathe* bloody troll, goodbye
Old Dec 18th 2014, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Kassibien will become famous soon enoughKassibien will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Just had a thought... when you apply, does your passport just have to be in date at the time of application, or does it have to be in date including the year that you will be in Canada.

Just realised mine expires in March 2015 - so just had a panic that I might need to get one sorted ASAP. And with the Christmas period coming up, I suspect the 3 week turn around might be revised due to the extra Christmas post.

EDIT: I've read online that it must be valid for the duration of your stay, and that your visa will only be issued up to the expiration date of your passport.

However, I assume the end date of your visa is only decided upon your entry into Canada, not at the point of application (i.e. when you open your Kompass account and apply in January). On that logic, does that mean that I would be fine to apply for my visa on my passport due to expire in March, and as long as I have a new passport by the time I arrive in Canada, I will be eligible for a full year's visa?

(I was actually planning on heading over after March 15, so my current passport wouldn't even be valid any more, so either way I would need a new passport).

I guess the next question is - if you apply on one passport, can you enter the country, and activate your visa, using a new passport? Presumably they will have different passport numbers?
Found your question (i think) on the "commonly asked questions" page:

I got a new passport after submitting my IEC work permit application. What do I do?

Oh yeaa, and my brain cell has just realised that I did something similar before - I actually wrote a Letter of explanation with scans (pics on a word doc) and pointing out/explaining the two different passport numbers. Just a quick sentence stating the obvious, "this passport is old, this one is new", etc. I uploaded it onto my cic account along with all the other docs in stage 2.

Last edited by Kassibien; Dec 18th 2014 at 2:04 am. Reason: sorry, thought it said ''after submitting my iec application"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.