IEC 2014

Old Dec 11th 2013, 2:46 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014

Originally Posted by CRAY
I have heard some sources say that you can only submit 3 jobs regarding your work experience in the kompass account. Many people will of course had more than 3 jobs in the last 10 years as evident in their CV.

Does it matter if there is a discrepancy then between the Work Experience in the CV you provide and the section on work in your Kompass account?

Apologies for such a nitpicky question (nerves kicking in)
No problem

According to this blog about the step by step process (written by someone who did the IEC last year) he says:
"... You will need to input your employment history here, at this point you will be given up to 3 spaces for each job you have had in the last 10 years, if like most people you have had more than 3 then you will need to send them a message with your CV attached AFTER you have submitted your application. You will only be able to do this after you have submitted so don’t panic... "
Old Dec 11th 2013, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

Peeps it says 3PM London time it will be opening, so thank God I wont be waiting up for 24 hours , unless they are trying to trick me
Old Dec 11th 2013, 3:50 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
No problem

According to this blog about the step by step process (written by someone who did the IEC last year) he says:
"... You will need to input your employment history here, at this point you will be given up to 3 spaces for each job you have had in the last 10 years, if like most people you have had more than 3 then you will need to send them a message with your CV attached AFTER you have submitted your application. You will only be able to do this after you have submitted so don’t panic... "
So basically you list your last 3 employers (in my case my 2 present employers as I have two jobs and then the previous one). After the application is submitted and they confirm this with the WTN number I can then send them a message saying 'resume attached' and attached it..?
Old Dec 11th 2013, 3:52 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris2222
Peeps it says 3PM London time it will be opening, so thank God I wont be waiting up for 24 hours , unless they are trying to trick me
Thought it might be around 3pm...I'm stuck at home until I complete this!
Old Dec 11th 2013, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

sugarfus is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a german passport, and part of their IEC opened today already (only the internship and young professionals category).

I was already able to make my Kompass Account already tho.
It didn't take me more than 10 minutes, maybe even only 5. It's the very basic personal information, lost of security questions that you should definitely write down for future reference, but nothing that requires much thought. I guess the work history will take up most of your time.

A question regarding the copy of our passports: do you think a photograph is fine? There is no way I can find access to a scanner, not even my local libraries have any.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Thought it might be around 3pm...I'm stuck at home until I complete this!
Good luck, going to have a hangover tomorrow as well so this will be very stressful lol, atleast its not until 3pm though
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:04 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Chris2222
Good luck, going to have a hangover tomorrow as well so this will be very stressful lol, atleast its not until 3pm though
You too I'm getting a bottle of wine ready so either way of the result I can get drunk! Haha! I know thee are another 2 chances but if I don't get in tomorrow (seeing as it's a perfect days for me and I'm ready) then it's not meant to be and I've off to NZ!
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:12 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

So basically you list your last 3 employers (in my case my 2 present employers as I have two jobs and then the previous one). After the application is submitted and they confirm this with the WTN number I can then send them a message saying 'resume attached' and attached it..?
Detail that you have had more than 3 jobs and attach you resume by sending them a message through the IEC Kompass account.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

IrishGuyAbroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres another question. On the form it asks if you are Single/Married/Divorced/Common Law

I have lived with my partner for 3 years, but I've just found out that Common Law partnerships do not exist in the UK (who knew!!)

Should I still tick Common Law (as by Canadian definition we are). The reason I'm a little worried is hopefully down the line we will apply for PR and this may prove to be important.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:17 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Detail that you have had more than 3 jobs and attach you resume by sending them a message through the IEC Kompass account.
Ah yes of course. Thanks.

They don't require references though ( I have taken these off now of one of my PDFs)..?
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:20 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IrishGuyAbroad
Heres another question. On the form it asks if you are Single/Married/Divorced/Common Law

I have lived with my partner for 3 years, but I've just found out that Common Law partnerships do not exist in the UK (who knew!!)

Should I still tick Common Law (as by Canadian definition we are). The reason I'm a little worried is hopefully down the line we will apply for PR and this may prove to be important.
Are you both UK Citizens?

You can sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner (partner), or dependent children if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. To be a sponsor, you must be 18 or older.

Canada deems you to be common law if you have lived together and prove that you are in a relationship for one consecutive year. Its not enough to say I have lived with them for a year you have to prove that you are dependent on one another, joint bank account, paying bills etc.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:21 pm
Weegie in Calgary

Ah yes of course. Thanks.

They don't require references though ( I have taken these off now of one of my PDFs)..?
And the end of the day (and the beginning) there is no harm in putting references on. More information (that is relevant) the better. Don't make it too cluttered though.
Forum Regular

IrishGuyAbroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Are you both UK Citizens?

You can sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner (partner), or dependent children if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. To be a sponsor, you must be 18 or older.

Canada deems you to be common law if you have lived together and prove that you are in a relationship for one consecutive year. Its not enough to say I have lived with them for a year you have to prove that you are dependent on one another, joint bank account, paying bills etc.
No I am Irish and she is UK. We are both going out on IEC and hoping to stay, all going well so thats why I wondered. Yep got the bank accounts etc so shouldn't be a problem in that respect
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

But by UK law you state common law doesn't exist. Id put single. when you come to apply for CL later on then you have to prove to CIC that you meet the CL requirements i.e. cohabitation for minimum of 12 months which obviously you will be able to do.
They are asking for your status in Ireland or the UK not Canada.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You are considered common-law under Canadian regulations for immigration, so yes, you should tick that box.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.