IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Feb 8th 2012, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

twohoots is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Received my medical email today, which isn't applicable, so all going well, the next email from IEC will be my LOI.

eek!
Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future

Got my rejection email this morning due to the payment issue Gonna fill out the forms again tonight. Well, I'm gonna use the same forms as I used last time, just gonna press 'Validate' again and change the dates.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

wheelycoyote is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hawkeye84
Got my rejection email this morning due to the payment issue Gonna fill out the forms again tonight. Well, I'm gonna use the same forms as I used last time, just gonna press 'Validate' again and change the dates.
Sorry to hear that Hawkeye I hope you get it sorted and it goes smoothly this time round.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

wheelycoyote is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this may sound like a silly question, but here goes. If a work permit is granted and you have 12 months to enter Canada... do you then have a full 12 months there from date of entry, even if that was a while after being approved? I'm sure I know the answer but I'm getting all paranoid and worrying about what I think I know.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future

^Yup, the LOI is valid for 12 months. When you present it at the point of entry to Canada, you'll be issued a work permit which is again, valid for 12 months. So if you got your LOI today, you could (I guess) wait till the 8th of February 2013 to enter Canada, then you would be able to work until the 7th February 2014.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:29 am
Just Joined

irish-lass is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

Im new to this forum. i am hoping to go to Canada in mid May. I have my iec visa from last year that i havent used but im applying on behalf of my boyfriend and need a bit of help. he got through to the 2nd phase and they have requested some info of him - mainly an oz police check. We lived there for 5months but wrongly ticked the box saying we were there for 6months or longer. I was going to write to explain this or do you think they will refuse the application on account of the error?

He has applied for the oz police check - anyone know how long in reality this will take, they say 15working days on website but IEC only have given him 45days to get the info to them!Also as we were in melbourne they require a driving check. We didnt drive at all there and dont have an oz licence. Do I still have to get a history check- anyone know how I go about getting this

Lastly about the medical- do the iec send out forms to get it done or can i speed up the process and get him to go get one done just in case?

Sorry for all the questions but just hope someone can help as I dont want any more delays!

Thanks
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:38 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheelycoyote
I know this may sound like a silly question, but here goes. If a work permit is granted and you have 12 months to enter Canada... do you then have a full 12 months there from date of entry, even if that was a while after being approved? I'm sure I know the answer but I'm getting all paranoid and worrying about what I think I know.
You get 12 months to activate it from the date of the LOI issuance and then a 12 month work permit from the day of activation at the border.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by irish-lass
hi

Im new to this forum. i am hoping to go to Canada in mid May. I have my iec visa from last year that i havent used but im applying on behalf of my boyfriend and need a bit of help. he got through to the 2nd phase and they have requested some info of him - mainly an oz police check. We lived there for 5months but wrongly ticked the box saying we were there for 6months or longer. I was going to write to explain this or do you think they will refuse the application on account of the error?

He has applied for the oz police check - anyone know how long in reality this will take, they say 15working days on website but IEC only have given him 45days to get the info to them!Also as we were in melbourne they require a driving check. We didnt drive at all there and dont have an oz licence. Do I still have to get a history check- anyone know how I go about getting this

Lastly about the medical- do the iec send out forms to get it done or can i speed up the process and get him to go get one done just in case?

Sorry for all the questions but just hope someone can help as I dont want any more delays!

Thanks

Ahh! Just the person I need to talk to! Right so I've been stressing about this traffic history thing...
First off - a bit hard to say about writing them - I doubt they would refuse you - you would probably just bave to redo your application.

The good news is your oz police clearance shouldn't take too long - I'm in Canada (my boyfriend is Irish and we are applying for him) and from the time we posted the forms and got them back it took 3 weeks (including xmas holidays so it was really fast.)

NOW! I'm confused about the traffic history part myself - did the CIC request this from you specifically? Or did they just say the Oz Police clearance? Because when I read the CIC website reguarding Queensland & Victoria residents I was under the impression that was only for permanent residents/oz citizens - not travellers? Because my boyfriend was in Queensland for 8 months or so.. and also never held a Australian Drivers License. Seems a bit silly for travellers who never held a license to have to do this?

If they do need require this - well then this part seems like a real pain the ass. You need to go here:
http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/...formation.aspx
and follow the instructions - apparently you need to fill the form required and for the drivers license number leave it blank and APPARENTLY they give you a letter saying they have no record of you.. seems pretty ridiculous to me and I just can't see why the CIC would need this from a traveller..
Sorry for the long winded response.

So I'm wondering if they did request this from you as if they did then I'm going to send away for it now (so stupid) but otherwise - I can't see why they would need more than the police cert? Can you ask them directly?

Medical - will your boyfriend be working in a field where he needs a medical done? You only need to have it completed if this is the case.

Anyway, let me know if you have any more questions!

lindz
Old Feb 11th 2012, 9:52 am
Just Joined

aleppo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mario1
Hi everyone,

Thanks for such a useful thread!

I have 2 quick question's

1- does anyone know if you have to pay the work permit fee and show proof when applying via IEC, or do we just have to pay IEC participation fee (when requested to pay)

2- I know that we have to submit the following (as per the IEC 9 steps application guide :

IEC Application and Declarations
A legible photocopy of the identification pages of passport
Application for work permit made outside of Canada (IMM1295)
Family Information form (IMM5645)
Two passport-sized photo
A second legible photocopy of the identification pages of passport
A complete and up-to-date version of your Curriculum Vitae
An original ACPO Police Certificate
Medical Examination Declaration

But do we also have to submit the following docs:

Document Checklist [IMM 5488)
Schedule 1 – Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada [IMM 5257 - Schedule 1]
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] and proof of common law relationship

The only reason I ask this is that although the above docs are not listed on the 9 steps application process for IEC, they are in the CIC guidelines for work permit submissions (which the 9 steps says to read and follow carefully!)

FYI Myself and my partner (common law) are applying for IEC visas- I have a job offer in Canada and he doesnt

Many thanks in advance for any help on this
can someone clear something up for me quickly... is the medical examination declaration only needed if you are from certain countries or do we all need to get one? On the IEC websites i read it as because i am from the UK i won't need one...? Thanks Chris
Old Feb 11th 2012, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aleppo
can someone clear something up for me quickly... is the medical examination declaration only needed if you are from certain countries or do we all need to get one? On the IEC websites i read it as because i am from the UK i won't need one...? Thanks Chris
V
You need to include the form but just to say you dont need the medical done. You only need to do a medical if you are in a country they include that require a medical (uk not being one) or if you will be working in a field that you would require a medical for ie: nurse, childcare

Hope that helps!
Old Feb 11th 2012, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

madisonavenue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an acknowledgement of my application? It arrived on January 30 but I haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks
Old Feb 12th 2012, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Ben_B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by madisonavenue
Hi

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an acknowledgement of my application? It arrived on January 30 but I haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks
I'm having the same issue. Got it sent by royal mail on tracked mail, and it was delivered on February 2nd, and signed for, yet still no confirmation email. Emailed them to find out how long this might take, but still no reply on that either (admittedly only emailed them on Friday, so it could be a while yet before they reply judging by other's experiences) .
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

omega4040 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ben_B
I'm having the same issue. Got it sent by royal mail on tracked mail, and it was delivered on February 2nd, and signed for, yet still no confirmation email. Emailed them to find out how long this might take, but still no reply on that either (admittedly only emailed them on Friday, so it could be a while yet before they reply judging by other's experiences) .

People on the Facebook IEC page have quoted times of up to 6 weeks just for them to confirm receipt. Extremely frustrating I know. I want to hand my notice in at work! Grr

The IEC website does say that the busiest times are November through February though, so hopefully once this month is up the processing times will become a little better...
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

alex17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone else not include their travel history on their CV? I didn't bother with this as I have only been abroad twice and really didn't think it was neccessary since I am only 19.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 12:21 am
Just Joined

ScarySquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

My girlfriend and I sent our forms on Saturday, signed for this morning

Now, the waiting game!

Originally Posted by alex17
Did anyone else not include their travel history on their CV? I didn't bother with this as I have only been abroad twice and really didn't think it was neccessary since I am only 19.
I didn't include any travel history. I've not really 'traveled', but I've been on holidays, didn't think that was important to include though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.