Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

catreya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

I just found this out today ... my BFD is 8th December. all documentation is complete...all backgrounds checks complete ... but have to wait for the BFD date .. Bummer!

Originally Posted by CanadaMan
I am out of this subject because I can not do anything about. Only Lawyer and court and CIC can do something about it.

It is a dead horse !!!!!

Old Oct 26th 2005, 9:22 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody's case needs to wait for BFD - it is common misconception that BFD is a magic date when someting will happen. It is not.

BFD is only a reminder set by processing officer to have case pop up if there is no activity on the case before BFD. If there is nothing to be done at that time because case still waits for results of one or more checks then officer enters new BFD.

If, like you claim, all checks would have been already completed in your case then final decision would have been made once the last check results were posted in the system.

There is obviously (or was at the time your CAIPS were printed) something still outstanding in your case and this is why no final decision was made and BFD set.

Originally Posted by catreya
I just found this out today ... my BFD is 8th December. all documentation is complete...all backgrounds checks complete ... but have to wait for the BFD date .. Bummer!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hmm... thats interesting. Actually, the MP's office gave me this information. They said all checks etc has been completed.

I am still waiting for my CAIPS. Should arrive sometime next month. Perhaps will know more then.
Thanks for the info Andrew.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Nobody's case needs to wait for BFD - it is common misconception that BFD is a magic date when someting will happen. It is not.

BFD is only a reminder set by processing officer to have case pop up if there is no activity on the case before BFD. If there is nothing to be done at that time because case still waits for results of one or more checks then officer enters new BFD.

If, like you claim, all checks would have been already completed in your case then final decision would have been made once the last check results were posted in the system.

There is obviously (or was at the time your CAIPS were printed) something still outstanding in your case and this is why no final decision was made and BFD set.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:52 am
Just Joined

edreamer2000@ is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a couple of question:

1- will CIC publish in any way the number of the lawsuit cases per visa post?

2- What if the number of available visas in any office will not allow them to finish the required numbers by the set date? Will they use visas quotes from other offices?

i.e office x has 10 available vises for next year, but the lawsuit obligates it to grant 15 visas, what will they do?, grant more vises, and stop issuing vises from other offices?, won't that be a violation for the percentage kept by CIC for each visa post?
Old Oct 28th 2005, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

CanadaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

edreamer2000

These are good questions. I do not have answer but I am sure they will increase the visas or limited the visas from other office.

Please forward your questions to Buffalo office and may be they will answer you.

Good Luck
Old Oct 28th 2005, 9:19 pm
Tab
Forum Regular

Tab is on a distinguished road

Yes, Canada Man, please ask them. I am afraid I will get black-listed if I email again.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

pakora is on a distinguished road

edreamer2000

These are good questions. I do not have answer but I am sure they will increase the visas or limited the visas from other office.

Please forward your questions to Buffalo office and may be they will answer you.

Good Luck

Hey Canadaman,
Check your private messages, and reply me accordingly.
thx
Old Oct 28th 2005, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

an answer to your question might be that these quotas are not really quotas, they are targets and they don't need to be exactly met in such a way no single visa can exceed the target, there could be a margin of manoeuvring.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

dimon237 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ibraheem
an answer to your question might be that these quotas are not really quotas, they are targets and they don't need to be exactly met in such a way no single visa can exceed the target, there could be a margin of manoeuvring.
It seems that they are planning to increase the target to 300'000

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Old Nov 1st 2005, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

dimon237;

It looks bad news for all of us. 700, 000 application for PR and it will take from 4 to 5 years to finish them on average 200,000 PR per year.

It is time to think in this loooooooooooooong waiting time.

Good luck to you

Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:18 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

OK, I am going to stir the pot further in this huge delay thread

Now that the Gomery report has been released, what will be the direct impacts to immigration points, huge delays, etc....etc...?

Perhaps, immigration consultants care to share their two cents, insights, hunches....
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

I called up the Buffalo consulate today and they told me "we have exhausted our quota for this year. We will send passport requests to people whose file is complete starting in Jan"

Originally Posted by ABW
OK, I am going to stir the pot further in this huge delay thread

Now that the Gomery report has been released, what will be the direct impacts to immigration points, huge delays, etc....etc...?

Perhaps, immigration consultants care to share their two cents, insights, hunches....
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

catreya;

Thank you for the update and We will wait to see if Buffalo will keep the promise

Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:49 pm

It is just another pre-election blurb. Reality has been tabled in Parliament yesterday and you can see it at the bottom of page here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pub/ann...1.html#table_1

Originally Posted by dimon237
It seems that they are planning to increase the target to 300'000

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:50 pm

What promise? They said "starting in January" - it doesn't mean completing in January.

catreya;

Thank you for the update and We will wait to see if Buffalo will keep the promise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.