Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:16 am
Just Joined

shawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

I agree with bluegrass,

The person that said CIC got our money and should process our case, CIC also got the money of the old applicants.

The old applicants applied under a set of rules and paid their fees, what immigration department did was ruled unjust by the courts and now they have to process those cases. It seems fairly simple to me. First come first serve, the old applicants came long ago and immigration tried to screw them, get them cleared up so these people can continue with their lives.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:13 pm
Mission Accomplished !

bubbleface will become famous soon enoughbubbleface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shawn
I agree with bluegrass,

The person that said CIC got our money and should process our case, CIC also got the money of the old applicants.

The old applicants applied under a set of rules and paid their fees, what immigration department did was ruled unjust by the courts and now they have to process those cases. It seems fairly simple to me. First come first serve, the old applicants came long ago and immigration tried to screw them, get them cleared up so these people can continue with their lives.
Now they are creating a new backlog based on the old backlog. Eating their own bullets, that's what I called. People here are not complaining about those OLD cases' applicants. We all understand that those people have been waiting wayyy longer than we have been. However, such process is making all of the applicants running out of patients. All I want to see (like many others) is a better communication channel between the CIC and the applicants. If there were some timelines, process guilde lines on the Buffalo website just like what Mascow CIC does, we would feel much better and could plan our life accordingly.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

All I want to see (like many others) is a better communication channel between the CIC and the applicants.
Ditto. If the London site had a list of expected processing times like the Moscow site, then at least we'd be able to make some sensible plans. Instead it's pretty much a black hole: lots of things go in, and very occasionally a brown envelope tunnels its way out through quantum fluctuations.

The delay itself is less of a problem than the fact that we have no idea how long the delay will be. Though, frankly, if it's a two year delay as the thread title states, then any self-respecting skilled worker who has useful skills is likely to go elsewhere rather than twiddle their thumbs for about an eighth of their entire working lifetime hoping they'll get a visa at the end of it. The only people left will be those who really, really want to go to Canada (maybe a good thing) and the dregs who can't get in anywhere else (probably a bad thing).

Last edited by MarkG; Oct 20th 2005 at 1:30 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Geet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MarkG
Ditto. If the London site had a list of expected processing times like the Moscow site, then at least we'd be able to make some sensible plans. Instead it's pretty much a black hole: lots of things go in, and very occasionally a brown envelope tunnels its way out through quantum fluctuations.

The delay itself is less of a problem than the fact that we have no idea how long the delay will be. Though, frankly, if it's a two year delay as the thread title states, then any self-respecting skilled worker who has useful skills is likely to go elsewhere rather than twiddle their thumbs for about an eighth of their entire working lifetime hoping they'll get a visa at the end of it. The only people left will be those who really, really want to go to Canada (maybe a good thing) and the dregs who can't get in anywhere else (probably a bad thing).
Well said MarkG
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

CoolAsIce is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

Mr. Miller:

What happens to those applicants who already receive a "letter of positive assessment" ... and was told in the letter that they will be issued visa early 2006? Will they be affected by this scenario?

Thanks.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:33 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

So basically, in our situation ( applied July 05 ) we should forget Canada and either

a. get on with our lives here ( not a bad option )
b. if we really want to emigrate, try another country

Paul.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:57 pm
ktp
Just Joined

ktp is an unknown quantity at this point

So this could well explain the jump in processing times from 18 months to 36 months at the London office. I'm hoping so anyway, as I don't relish the thought of waiting 2 more years on top of the 3 years quoted on the AOR!!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:04 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ktp
So this could well explain the jump in processing times from 18 months to 36 months at the London office. I'm hoping so anyway, as I don't relish the thought of waiting 2 more years on top of the 3 years quoted on the AOR!!
Actually I thought it was on TOP of that as we had already been advised of 36 months plus before this announcement. :scared:
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely to God, we aren't going to be expected to wait another 2 years on top of our quoted 21 months??????!!!!

This is a bloody ridiculous system if so!!!
Temporarily up the quota for goodness sake!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

tmccorm3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Based on the information in this topic CIC knew that I would not be getting a SW visa in the next 12 months (at least). Therefore what was the reasoning in requesting medicals for March 04 AORs if they will expire before my application is processed further?

I can see a whole lot of new legal claims being raised.

Tony
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:31 am
ktp
Just Joined

ktp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tangram
Actually I thought it was on TOP of that as we had already been advised of 36 months plus before this announcement. :scared:

The case of the old applicants was actually finalised in March 2005 which sort of coincides with the increase in processing times at the London office.

It also states on the CHC London website under processing times that you shouldn't expect to hear anything for 36 months. I know London are pretty bad in keeping their website up to date, but I know that wasn't on there previously as I was checking it prior to submitting my application. Also I only recived my AOR a week ago and they certainly would have known about it then and it still stated 36 months.

So I'm holding on to the hope that the 36 months includes the extra time due to these old applications.

But you never can tell with CIC!!!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:44 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Smile Re: Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

Originally Posted by ktp
The case of the old applicants was actually finalised in March 2005 which sort of coincides with the increase in processing times at the London office.

It also states on the CHC London website under processing times that you shouldn't expect to hear anything for 36 months. I know London are pretty bad in keeping their website up to date, but I know that wasn't on there previously as I was checking it prior to submitting my application. Also I only recived my AOR a week ago and they certainly would have known about it then and it still stated 36 months.

So I'm holding on to the hope that the 36 months includes the extra time due to these old applications.

But you never can tell with CIC!!!
That's a relief !!!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

CanadaMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Huge Delay in Buffalo office about 2 to 3 years more

It is not clear the impact on all offices but It looks loooooooooooooong delay.

I am thinking to drop my application and move on with my life outside canada.

It is not too late for everyone except you have a job in Canada already.

Good Luck everyone

Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

catreya is an unknown quantity at this point

The issue is a lack of an articulated, well drafted communication, that tells me the approximate date (within a 20-30 day window) on when the decision will be made. Is that too much to ask?

(On hindsight - I think it is ... with the amount of request they will end up getting, they will need an army to answer to queries)

"Early 2006" can mean 6 months. I guess this is the same issue when you apply for a telephone, internet or cable here in Canada. Here's a typical scenario:

Me: So your technician is comming on "some date". Great! And O by the way what time may I expect the person?
Them: Sometime between 8 am and 5 pm.
me: Huh????

So one has to wait for 8 hours waiting at home twidling your thumbs and requesting off from your office.

Its a Canadian thing . I have stopped looking at the eCAS and stopped waiting for the PPR. It will come when it will come. The only solace is I am here already.

Patience...Patience...Patience

Originally Posted by CanadaMan
It is not clear the impact on all offices but It looks loooooooooooooong delay.

I am thinking to drop my application and move on with my life outside canada.

It is not too late for everyone except you have a job in Canada already.

Good Luck everyone

Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

CanadaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

I am out of this subject because I can not do anything about. Only Lawyer and court and CIC can do something about it.

It is a dead horse !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.