British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   HRSDC LMO Timeline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/hrsdc-lmo-timeline-441170/)

gryphea Nov 15th 2007 8:49 pm

Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by A_and_K (Post 5559401)
After 26 weeks and 2 days finally I received positive LMO. What can I say: Woohoooo!!!!!

1) Provincial office where applied: ALBERTA
2) Date when application was POSTED: I’m not sure
3) Date when they recieved the application: May 15, 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Yes, couple times but I don’t know details
5) Date when decision made or recieved. November 15, 2007
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside.

I’m really happy!!!!!! Thank you guys for everything. This forum was really helpful :D

Brilliant news!

Congratualtions

yGruber Nov 15th 2007 8:50 pm

After 26 weeks and 2 days finally I received positive LMO. What can I say: Woohoooo!!!!!

I’m really happy!!!!!! Thank you guys for everything. This forum was really helpful :D

Congratulations !

Enjoy and celebrate it !

A_and_K Nov 15th 2007 8:56 pm

Thanks Gryph and YGruber !!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Member123 Nov 15th 2007 10:12 pm

4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Yes, couple times but I don’t know details
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT...see good things come to those who wait...its a great feeling isn't it A & K.

Scott it wont be long now mate:thumbsup:

miyuflow Nov 16th 2007 1:10 am

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! I found out that the Gov received my documents on May 28 (not May 18), so I have to wait for a while....but at least I know that they are actually working!

A_and_K Nov 16th 2007 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Alvic (Post 5559795)
I DON'T BELIEVE IT...see good things come to those who wait...its a great feeling isn't it A & K.

Scott it wont be long now mate:thumbsup:

Hi Alvic, Yes it’s a great feeling I can’t describe it :D Thanks!! :rofl::teeth_smile:

A_and_K Nov 16th 2007 6:13 am

Originally Posted by miyuflow (Post 5560448)
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! I found out that the Gov received my documents on May 28 (not May 18), so I have to wait for a while....but at least I know that they are actually working!

I'm sure you will get your LMO very soon. It looks HRSDC is working faster now. Fingers crossed!!!! :thumbsup:

bonnielass Nov 16th 2007 8:54 pm

Quick update from HRSDC BC ....currently they are processing LMO applications submitted week commencing 21 May. Although, mine was submitted May 17 and I am still waiting 26 weeks and 1 day later.......grrrrr

Anyone else still waiting ridiculous amounts of time still for BC?

nataliehahn Nov 16th 2007 9:06 pm

I called them a moment ago and they said they were processing the last week in May. The wait time has increased yet again to 25-27 weeks. I am in week 21.:curse:

bonnielass Nov 16th 2007 9:24 pm

Such a scunner....I am already in BC, jobless and waiting (faith in the system and all that, stupid me)...looks like I might as well brush up my CV and head home to Scotland.

nataliehahn Nov 16th 2007 9:32 pm

You're so close though. Don't give up now. I'm sure it will happen soon. I am also in BC already. Thought it would take 8weeks:rofl:

bonnielass Nov 16th 2007 9:34 pm

Sorry ! Not the best support for everyone out there to say that!!! Let's hope we all get there really soon. :)

McBob Nov 16th 2007 10:16 pm

After 26 weeks and 2 days finally I received positive LMO.

That's ace. Really good to hear there's progress being made.

Also interesting to read that some applications have been flown over to other offices to ease the load on BC.

Originally Posted by bonnielass
Quick update from HRSDC BC ....currently they are processing LMO applications submitted week commencing 21 May. ... Anyone else still waiting ridiculous amounts of time still for BC?

Thanks for the info! So they are creeeeeeeeping forward then... like tectonic bloody movement. My BC wait isn't quite up there with yours, but on Monday it will have been 24 weeks.

My not-talking-to-me employer in BC has finally returned an email and is calling me up next week. Fingers crossed for some good news.

jandavid Nov 18th 2007 1:46 pm

We were hoping to become posters of this thread a looooonnnnng time ago but are having to stay avid readers for the mo. I had 2 interviews with a Calgary company back in Aug and they employed an Imm Lawyer to look into getting me in (job not 'under pressure' listed but in 'NOC list 0, A + B') they were very keen but after several emails from lawyer and several weeks wait they decided 'thanks but NO thanks' due to AB long delays and red tape. I have seen and been in contact with many more employers and they all say the same. Makes you very despondant.

Have written to AEII (AB Imm) and haven't responded so far, don't seem interested, they are the ones that go to emigration and job fairs around world, attracting you to AB. They really do need to get their act together and get the message out to all employers that 'not to be put off by these prob's'.

I am now waiting on a company who applied for LMO back in Feb and have had thrown back twice for silly things. I had an interview in Oct and went well but they are now in negotiations with unions so this will stop them from receiving a decision too. The job I went for is not in union but employers have to show to HRSDC that they are in a stable condition if they want an LMO. I'm hoping to hear from them before Xmas!!!!! we'll see.

I really feel for those who are having to wait too long, so best of luck to those still waiting and best wishes to those who ahve successfully got their LMO.

Regards
Sadshirt

anhuertas Nov 19th 2007 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by gryphea (Post 5559452)
Brilliant news!

Congratualtions

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you.
3) Date when they recieved the application: May I don't know what date?
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?I don’t know
5) Date when decision made or recieved. Not yet

I'm worried because I don't received anything , I called to HRSDC they said me the process take about 22-24 Weeks, I don't know what to do?

I need the job, I called the employer and he said me he doesn't receive nothing.

Please somebody help me?