British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   HRSDC LMO Timeline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/hrsdc-lmo-timeline-441170/)

gleech Apr 10th 2007 7:24 pm

HRSDC LMO Timeline

Hi for the benefit of those applying and will apply for LMO, these do post your LMO timeline. My LMO is still in process in Alberta. Please follow the format or if you have someting to add, please do so and repost the format.

PLEASE DO POST EVEN IF YOU HAVE APPLIED AND WERE SUCCESSFUL OR GOT REJECTED please it will help others:

1) Provincial office where applied:
2) Date when application was POSTED:
3) Date when they recieved the application:
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?

thanks
Erick

gleech Apr 10th 2007 7:35 pm

Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

I'll start,

1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: March 2, 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: March 2, 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? none so far
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

Sarahad Apr 11th 2007 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 4623282)
I'll start,

1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: March 2, 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: March 2, 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? none so far
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

1. Alberta
2. 22nd August 2006
3. 22nd August 2006
4. No Correspondence received from HRSDC
5. Positive LMO received 9th Nov 2006
6. Outside Canada
7. Arrived in canada 2nd Dec 2006, WP obtained at POE

gleech Apr 11th 2007 4:26 pm

thanks sarahad for posting your LMO timeline.

daveh123 Apr 11th 2007 4:27 pm

Hi,

My, hopefully, new employer has applied for LMO for me in Alberta around January this year. He is still waiting for news back. Is often that the applications get rejected for whatever reason? If it is an occupation that they are short of employees should there be any issues obtaining an LMO?
Thanks,
Dave.

gleech Apr 11th 2007 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by daveh123 (Post 4627121)
Hi,

My, hopefully, new employer has applied for LMO for me in Alberta around January this year. He is still waiting for news back. Is often that the applications get rejected for whatever reason? If it is an occupation that they are short of employees should there be any issues obtaining an LMO?
Thanks,
Dave.

Dave,

does your employer received any correspondence from Service Canada?

Erick

andrewrb143 Apr 11th 2007 4:43 pm

1) Provincial office where applied: Winnipeg, MB
2) Date when application was POSTED: September 1, 2006
3) Date when they recieved the application: September 5, 2006
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? After one week, officer called to ask employer to increase the salary offered.
5) Date when decision made or recieved? September 24, 2006
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Inside

daveh123 Apr 11th 2007 4:44 pm

Not sure.
I don't really know much about the process.

Sarahad Apr 11th 2007 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by daveh123 (Post 4627121)
Hi,

Thanks,
Dave.

Hi Dave
Waiting for the LMO feels like a life time... I remember it well!! Just hang on in there and hopefully you will hear soon. Your employer could try and contact someone at HRSDC just to confirm application was received ok, as I do know of someone on this forum who waited weeks and weeks and then it turned out they had not received application.
As ours was a positive LMO I am not 100% sure on all the possible reasons for LMO being rejected. I know that job has to have been advertised enough within Canada with no response as this shows you are not taking a job from a Canadian. Salary also has to be competetive, ie same as what a canadian would be paid.
Our LMO took about 13 weeks, so when you hear of others getting theirs in just a couple of weeks you start to panic!

Goodluck

gleech Apr 11th 2007 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by daveh123 (Post 4627198)
Not sure.
I don't really know much about the process.

last week, I called the Service Canada in Edmonton to follow-up our LMO Application, but the call center reps did not give me any information, they will only disclose information to my employer only. I already informed my employer about this but he's on vacation and will be back this week.

I think you should tell your employer to call the Service Canada to follow-up your application.

Erick

daveh123 Apr 11th 2007 4:54 pm

Thanks Sarah/Erick

I emailed my employer the other day. He said he will try and contact HRSDC this week. Hopefully we might get some positive news!

gleech Apr 11th 2007 4:59 pm

Sarahad is right, we just have to wait and pray hard.

Andrew is kinda lucky that the officer called them to increase the salaray, if you've read the story of pete66 about his LMO, Service Canada denied his LMO application because of salary but eventually issued a positive LMO because SErvice Canada made a mistake.

With my application, I've researched and everything seems to be fine from salary to advertisement (my occupation is listed under Occupation Under Pressure in Alberta so advertisement is only 7days.)

gryphea Apr 11th 2007 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 4627272)
Sarahad is right, we just have to wait and pray hard.

Andrew is kinda lucky that the officer called them to increase the salaray, if you've read the story of pete66 about his LMO, Service Canada denied his LMO application because of salary but eventually issued a positive LMO because SErvice Canada made a mistake.

With my application, I've researched and everything seems to be fine from salary to advertisement (my occupation is listed under Occupation Under Pressure in Alberta so advertisement is only 7days.)

Oh gleech - your story is frightening me. Company is about to apply for an LMO in an occupation under pressure in Alberta and I was under the impression it would take 1-3 weeks! How misguided am I?

gleech Apr 11th 2007 6:31 pm

sorry gryphea, i dont intend to freighten you, well my LMO application is already 6weeks this coming friday. I think Alberta has the longest processing time for LMO. I'll update this thread if there is something new about my Application.

Erick

Tangram Apr 11th 2007 6:40 pm

LMO App to Services Canada in New Brunswick day 1
Received by employer day 3

But then, it ain't as busy a place as Alberta !

bear-diesel Apr 11th 2007 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by gryphea (Post 4627530)
Oh gleech - your story is frightening me. Company is about to apply for an LMO in an occupation under pressure in Alberta and I was under the impression it would take 1-3 weeks! How misguided am I?

Don't worry. I was told that service canada was taking 3-4 weeks in late Feb but my LMO took 6 days including a w/e
jo

tnkngn Apr 12th 2007 2:37 am

The jobs you guys try/ied to get an LMO for, were those jobs with shortages and did your employer have to proof that he made a substantial effort to hire a Canadian?

bear-diesel Apr 12th 2007 8:39 am

Originally Posted by tnkngn (Post 4629890)
The jobs you guys try/ied to get an LMO for, were those jobs with shortages and did your employer have to proof that he made a substantial effort to hire a Canadian?

Only know that I'm a nurse and that there are a few vacancies where I am going. I don't know if they have preference over other employers applying for LMO
jo

burton bunch Apr 12th 2007 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 4623240)
Hi for the benefit of those applying and will apply for LMO, these do post your LMO timeline. My LMO is still in process in Alberta. Please follow the format or if you have someting to add, please do so and repost the format.

PLEASE DO POST EVEN IF YOU HAVE APPLIED AND WERE SUCCESSFUL OR GOT REJECTED please it will help others:

1) Provincial office where applied:Calgary Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED:22/9/06
3) Date when they recieved the application:22/9/06
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?None Although lawyer made airtight app re advertising position prior to submission
5) Date when decision made or recieved? 8/11/06
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?We were in the UK when app submitted

thanks
Erick

Ok Our timeline was above

Gaynor
x

gleech Apr 12th 2007 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by tnkngn (Post 4629890)

is Occupation under pressure and job shortage the same?

well in my case, my job(Glazier) is listed in Occupation Under Pressure in alberta, employer needs to advertise for 7days only.

gleech Apr 12th 2007 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by bear-diesel (Post 4630834)
Only know that I'm a nurse and that there are a few vacancies where I am going. I don't know if they have preference over other employers applying for LMO
jo

hi jo,

can you please post your LMO timeline and use the format that I provided.

thanks to everyone who posted their LMO timeline, please use the format that I provided (can be found on first page). This can help a lot of newbie who are going to apply for their LMO.

Thanks
Erick

gleech Apr 17th 2007 4:03 pm

daveh123 - did you already have an update about your LMO application?

gryphea - did your employer already submit your LMO application?

I still dont have any news about my LMO, i dont want to bug my employer to call the service canada, god, this wait is killing me.... :c

ERick

lee58uk Apr 17th 2007 4:33 pm

alberta , for a electrician, it took 6 days boss fax application, then emailed me positive LMO with job offer.

now CIC will take cheque out of application race it down to bank, and use my application for a coaster for 8 weeks:ohmy: call me a cynic

lilacheart Apr 17th 2007 4:37 pm

Here is our timeline.

1) Provincial office where applied:PEI (we think) That's where the job is
2) Date when application was POSTED:25/2/07
3) Date when they received the application: 26/02/07
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?None
5) Date when decision made or received? 08/03/07
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?We left PEI the same day it was applied for.

Kerry

gleech Apr 17th 2007 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by lee58uk (Post 4656037)
alberta , for a electrician, it took 6 days boss fax application, then emailed me positive LMO with job offer.

now CIC will take cheque out of application race it down to bank, and use my application for a coaster for 8 weeks:ohmy: call me a cynic

Thanks Kerry....

@lee58uk
alberta, 6days wow, thats super fast.

im still waiting for my LMO for 7weeks and no any news. my employer is from calgary and i suppose your employer is also from calgary right? i wonder how your employer got the LMO super fast, did they do something?

daveh123 Apr 17th 2007 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 4655860)
daveh123 - did you already have an update about your LMO application?

gryphea - did your employer already submit your LMO application?

I still dont have any news about my LMO, i dont want to bug my employer to call the service canada, god, this wait is killing me.... :c

ERick

I have asked my employer for update, he said he will try and find out soon! Will let you know.
Dave.

lee58uk Apr 18th 2007 7:53 am

my employer is already registered, so does'nt need to go through loads of paper work to prove his advertised the jobs:thumbsup:

kittnwitten Apr 19th 2007 4:40 pm

1) Provincial office where applied: Vancouver
2) Date when application was POSTED: couriered 29th March
3) Date when they recieved the application: they still haven't gotten to it yet!
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? My boss called them last week and they were still working on applications from the 23rd March. They said once they get to it, it will take 8 weeks more......
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada? Inside

kazclan Apr 20th 2007 10:27 am

Here is our timeline.

1) Provincial office where applied:BC - Employer applied
2) Date when application was POSTED:Feb 2007
3) Date when they received the application: Feb 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them???? Do not know ???
5) Date when decision made or received? 3 weeks
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Out side - we have not as yet been to canada

Applyied for WP's & SP's 4th March 2007 - recieved them 19th April (a long 6 weeks) although we took them down to London in person, as we were told that it was a quicker way, it isn't :mad:

Hope this helps

Kazclan

donwauchope Apr 20th 2007 1:44 pm

1) Provincial office where applied: ONTARIO
2) Date when application was POSTED: APPROX 19-SEP-06
3) Date when they recieved the application: ?
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? NONE
5) Date when decision made or recieved? 12 OCT 06
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? OUTSIDE

gryphea Apr 30th 2007 9:13 am

1) Provincial office where applied: ALBERTA
2) Date when application was POSTED: Faxed on 27th April
3) Date when they recieved the application: same day
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Not yet
5) Date when decision made or recieved? Not yet
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?
OUTSIDE

Just gone in, not online as we requested from our employers. We will do work permit application over weekend and send off around 6th May to run concurrently

Gryphea

Member123 Apr 30th 2007 9:50 am

Can any of you fellow thread posters tell me what website you find Occupations under pressure. My OH is a car mechanic - does this count. I had email from a placement agency today to say that they could find us an employer who would sponsor us no problem and would we be interested in working in a small town. Said whole process would take two to three months. We are afraid to get our hopes up though.

Would agreeing to a small town location be wise as we know you have to stay in the first job until PR is granted.

burton bunch Apr 30th 2007 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Alison Annett (Post 4717360)
Can any of you fellow thread posters tell me what website you find Occupations under pressure. My OH is a car mechanic - does this count. I had email from a placement agency today to say that they could find us an employer who would sponsor us no problem and would we be interested in working in a small town. Said whole process would take two to three months. We are afraid to get our hopes up though.

Would agreeing to a small town location be wise as we know you have to stay in the first job until PR is granted.

Hi Alison

HRDSC have a page about occupations under pressure see here

About the "small town" all depends what you guys want - you have to remember that with the larger places (Calgary, Van and Toronto) comes higher property costs :ohmy: .

A matter for you to think about that if you go over on your hubby's skill is he the correct skill level for you to get a spousal open work permit - as without a WP in your right you are not allowed to work. But the link about should give you some idea as to all of this just have a proper good look around it hun

Gaynor
x

Member123 Apr 30th 2007 10:58 am

Gaynor,
Great news for us, OH has the right level of skill for me to go on a Spousal open WP and his occupation is on the under pressure list - although after looking on the site you linked me to, most professions under the sun seem to be on there.:D
As usual you are a fount of knowledge and the site is very helpful.
We would like to live in a small town as long as its not out in the wild with the grizzlies etc.
I suppose house prices and cost of living would be better although wages might reflect this too.

Thanks once again
Alison.
x

Member123 Apr 30th 2007 10:22 pm

I cant believe it we only emailed employers on Saturday night and OH has got a job offer from a firm in Calgary called Auto-Mann on 9-1115 48th Avenue SE. Does anyone out there know of it. They repair British sports cars, MGs Minis etc and it is owned and run by a Scotsman!
OH spoke to him tonight on phone and he is sending out the job offer.
MR MANN seemed to think that we had to apply for next stage from UK but after reading CIC website and this forum I thought after we accepted job offer that he had to apply for the LMO and once accepted we applied then for TW visa.
Please help!!:eek:

Sarahad Apr 30th 2007 10:29 pm

Hi

Yes the employer needs to apply for the LMO and if positive LMO received you then need to apply for the work permit.

Goodluck

burton bunch Apr 30th 2007 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Alison Annett (Post 4720206)
I cant believe it we only emailed employers on Saturday night and OH has got a job offer from a firm in Calgary called Auto-Mann on 9-1115 48th Avenue SE. Does anyone out there know of it. They repair British sports cars, MGs Minis etc and it is owned and run by a Scotsman!
OH spoke to him tonight on phone and he is sending out the job offer.
MR MANN seemed to think that we had to apply for next stage from UK but after reading CIC website and this forum I thought after we accepted job offer that he had to apply for the LMO and once accepted we applied then for TW visa.
Please help!!:eek:

Hi Alison

You are right.

The LMO must be applied for by the employer - you have nothing to do with this until you have the positive decision in your hand and then it is you who goes and applies for the WP at either London or at your POE (Port of Entry).

If this guy is like the little garages that we have in the UK then he probably doesnt realise that he has to apply for the LMO and you should point this out to him. He doesnt have to apply in writing as far as I know as they now offer an on line application - which is on the link I gave you earlier.

Good luck explaining all of this to the littles scotman - you would be surprised how little people living in Canada for say over 10 years actually realise about their own countries immigration laws.

Gaynor
x

Member123 Apr 30th 2007 10:38 pm

He actually has two people already working for him on TW so we were a bit surprised that he was questioning the correct procedure. He did point out though that if OH took job he would have to stay with his firm until TW ran out -but we already knew this, so he must know something of the process.
Thanks for helping once again.:thumbsup:

gleech Apr 30th 2007 10:55 pm

Hi Allison,

Tell your husband employer to quickly post an advertisement on jobbank, since the occupation is listed under pressure, the ads should run for only 7days before employer can apply for LMO.

I'm waiting for my LMO in Alberta(SE Calgary), for 9weeks already. :mad:

you can find my LMO timeline on first page.

Erick

schumachergal May 8th 2007 5:02 pm

I HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE ELSE

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 4623240)

1) Provincial office where applied: SASKATOON, SASK
2) Date when application was POSTED: BY HAND ON FRIDAY 13TH !! APRIL 20073) Date when they recieved the application:
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? NOTHING YET AS OF TUESDAY MAY 8TH 2007
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? INSIDE CANADA

thanks
Erick