British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   HRSDC LMO Timeline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/hrsdc-lmo-timeline-441170/)

bear-diesel Apr 11th 2007 8:34 pm

Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by gryphea (Post 4627530)
Oh gleech - your story is frightening me. Company is about to apply for an LMO in an occupation under pressure in Alberta and I was under the impression it would take 1-3 weeks! How misguided am I?

Don't worry. I was told that service canada was taking 3-4 weeks in late Feb but my LMO took 6 days including a w/e
jo

tnkngn Apr 12th 2007 2:37 am

The jobs you guys try/ied to get an LMO for, were those jobs with shortages and did your employer have to proof that he made a substantial effort to hire a Canadian?

bear-diesel Apr 12th 2007 8:39 am

Originally Posted by tnkngn (Post 4629890)
The jobs you guys try/ied to get an LMO for, were those jobs with shortages and did your employer have to proof that he made a substantial effort to hire a Canadian?

Only know that I'm a nurse and that there are a few vacancies where I am going. I don't know if they have preference over other employers applying for LMO
jo

burton bunch Apr 12th 2007 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 4623240)
Hi for the benefit of those applying and will apply for LMO, these do post your LMO timeline. My LMO is still in process in Alberta. Please follow the format or if you have someting to add, please do so and repost the format.

PLEASE DO POST EVEN IF YOU HAVE APPLIED AND WERE SUCCESSFUL OR GOT REJECTED please it will help others:

1) Provincial office where applied:Calgary Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED:22/9/06
3) Date when they recieved the application:22/9/06
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?None Although lawyer made airtight app re advertising position prior to submission
5) Date when decision made or recieved? 8/11/06
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?We were in the UK when app submitted

thanks
Erick

Ok Our timeline was above

Gaynor
x

gleech Apr 12th 2007 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by tnkngn (Post 4629890)

is Occupation under pressure and job shortage the same?

well in my case, my job(Glazier) is listed in Occupation Under Pressure in alberta, employer needs to advertise for 7days only.

gleech Apr 12th 2007 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by bear-diesel (Post 4630834)
Only know that I'm a nurse and that there are a few vacancies where I am going. I don't know if they have preference over other employers applying for LMO
jo

hi jo,

can you please post your LMO timeline and use the format that I provided.

thanks to everyone who posted their LMO timeline, please use the format that I provided (can be found on first page). This can help a lot of newbie who are going to apply for their LMO.

Thanks
Erick

gleech Apr 17th 2007 4:03 pm

daveh123 - did you already have an update about your LMO application?

gryphea - did your employer already submit your LMO application?

I still dont have any news about my LMO, i dont want to bug my employer to call the service canada, god, this wait is killing me.... :c

ERick

lee58uk Apr 17th 2007 4:33 pm

alberta , for a electrician, it took 6 days boss fax application, then emailed me positive LMO with job offer.

now CIC will take cheque out of application race it down to bank, and use my application for a coaster for 8 weeks:ohmy: call me a cynic

lilacheart Apr 17th 2007 4:37 pm

Here is our timeline.

1) Provincial office where applied:PEI (we think) That's where the job is
2) Date when application was POSTED:25/2/07
3) Date when they received the application: 26/02/07
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?None
5) Date when decision made or received? 08/03/07
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?We left PEI the same day it was applied for.

Kerry

gleech Apr 17th 2007 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by lee58uk (Post 4656037)
alberta , for a electrician, it took 6 days boss fax application, then emailed me positive LMO with job offer.

now CIC will take cheque out of application race it down to bank, and use my application for a coaster for 8 weeks:ohmy: call me a cynic

Thanks Kerry....

@lee58uk
alberta, 6days wow, thats super fast.

im still waiting for my LMO for 7weeks and no any news. my employer is from calgary and i suppose your employer is also from calgary right? i wonder how your employer got the LMO super fast, did they do something?

daveh123 Apr 17th 2007 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 4655860)
daveh123 - did you already have an update about your LMO application?

gryphea - did your employer already submit your LMO application?

I still dont have any news about my LMO, i dont want to bug my employer to call the service canada, god, this wait is killing me.... :c

ERick

I have asked my employer for update, he said he will try and find out soon! Will let you know.
Dave.

lee58uk Apr 18th 2007 7:53 am

my employer is already registered, so does'nt need to go through loads of paper work to prove his advertised the jobs:thumbsup:

kittnwitten Apr 19th 2007 4:40 pm

1) Provincial office where applied: Vancouver
2) Date when application was POSTED: couriered 29th March
3) Date when they recieved the application: they still haven't gotten to it yet!
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? My boss called them last week and they were still working on applications from the 23rd March. They said once they get to it, it will take 8 weeks more......
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada? Inside

kazclan Apr 20th 2007 10:27 am

Here is our timeline.

1) Provincial office where applied:BC - Employer applied
2) Date when application was POSTED:Feb 2007
3) Date when they received the application: Feb 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them???? Do not know ???
5) Date when decision made or received? 3 weeks
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Out side - we have not as yet been to canada

Applyied for WP's & SP's 4th March 2007 - recieved them 19th April (a long 6 weeks) although we took them down to London in person, as we were told that it was a quicker way, it isn't :mad:

Hope this helps

Kazclan

donwauchope Apr 20th 2007 1:44 pm

1) Provincial office where applied: ONTARIO
2) Date when application was POSTED: APPROX 19-SEP-06
3) Date when they recieved the application: ?
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? NONE
5) Date when decision made or recieved? 12 OCT 06
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? OUTSIDE