British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   HRSDC LMO Timeline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/hrsdc-lmo-timeline-441170/)

anhuertas Nov 20th 2007 10:26 pm

Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Hello somebody knows about the LMO process in Alberta?

Help me?

gryphea Nov 21st 2007 6:23 am

Originally Posted by anhuertas (Post 5575041)
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you.
1) Provincial office where applied: ALBERTA
2) Date when application was POSTED: I’m not sure
3) Date when they recieved the application: May I don't know what date?
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?I don’t know
5) Date when decision made or recieved. Not yet
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside.

I'm worried because I don't received anything , I called to HRSDC they said me the process take about 22-24 Weeks, I don't know what to do?

I need the job, I called the employer and he said me he doesn't receive nothing.

Please somebody help me?

I think your timeline is fine if a little frustrating. In my experience HRSDC always seem to underestimate where they are. Scottandsara on this board submitted may 10th and hasn't heard yet. If there is a problem HRSDC do get back to you- so you do hear if there is a problem. The queue for Alberta is unfrotuantely enormous. I would phone them up again and not ask the lenght of the wait but ask which dates they are processing

Gryphea

Lucy

Lomlom Nov 22nd 2007 8:59 am

Any information about what day they are currently processing in Alberta?

anhuertas Nov 22nd 2007 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by miyuflow (Post 5533924)
No problem! This site helped me a lot, so I'm glad my info helped other people. Mine was submitted around May 21, so maybe after yours?

miyuflow My situation is same, I don't know what to do? Do you have any news?

Reply me

bonnielass Nov 24th 2007 3:00 am

Well.....27 weeks and 1 day wait and still no response from HRSDC BC! Has anyone else heard recently? :)

Sarahad Nov 25th 2007 5:00 am

My inlaws are currently on their 20th week of waiting for their LMO from Alberta, anyone know what the current waiting time is about for Alberta??

Thanks

miyuflow Nov 26th 2007 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by anhuertas (Post 5589783)
miyuflow My situation is same, I don't know what to do? Do you have any news?

Reply me

No, haven't heard anything...the gov received my LMO on May 28....I'm waiting for Scottandsara's news but it seems that they haven't received anything yet...I haven't been able to work for about 2 months. :mad: I've traveled to many places in Canada already (now I'm in Vancouver), but now I'm getting tired of this.

Adam_K Nov 26th 2007 8:15 pm

I have just received a positive LMO for Vancouver!!!
About time too :D
A big thanks to all who have provided information over the previous months. To those who are still waiting, hang in there , it will come eventually.

bonnielass Nov 26th 2007 9:15 pm

Congratulations AdamK!!!! That's brilliant news! :rofl:How long was your wait in the end?

bonnielass Nov 26th 2007 9:36 pm

Sorry - just saw your timeline - doh!:o

Member123 Nov 26th 2007 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Adam_K (Post 5603306)
A big thanks to all who have provided information over the previous months. To those who are still waiting, hang in there , it will come eventually.

Oh Congrats Adam....about bleeding time too. I think poor Scott has given up on this thread:(

isidorefilmes Nov 27th 2007 2:34 pm

Hi Guys,

This is the first time that put some message in this post. I am not English (I am Brazilian), but I am in your same boat.

My employer (in Alberta) applied on May 31 the process for LMO. I am still waiting for the result. On September 9, my employer got in touch with Alberta's office and they said that is still ‘in the queue’ . According to him, in the end of November we will have the answer. Imagine my agony and of my wife.

I will work in the area of graphic computer and animation 3D. The Canadian consulate in Brazil explained to me that my occupation doesn't need LMO, still more because the company is of the technological section.
But for some reason, my employer preferred to apply like Graphic Designer (NOC 5241) instead of Senior Animation Effects Editor (NOC 9990.1).
I need to share my experience for not being crazy.
I hope to be welcome here.

Thanx
Isidore:thumbup:

anhuertas Nov 27th 2007 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Lomlom (Post 5587339)
Any information about what day they are currently processing in Alberta?

I just called june 2007 :confused:

yGruber Nov 27th 2007 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by anhuertas (Post 5606663)
I just called june 2007 :confused:

Do you mean 1st of June ?

yGruber Nov 27th 2007 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Adam_K (Post 5603306)

Well done.

You really deserve it !

Congratulations...