HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

LMO rejected Several reasons given, like needing to find Canadian's and the way the company pays wages!! We're here on unskilled TWP, so we can't apply for PR and will have to leave at the end of the 24 months
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

cathcrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Well here is my timeline:

1) Provincial office where applied: Edmonton
2) Date when application was POSTED: ~ 13 June, 2009 hand delivered
3) Date when they recieved the application: 16 June 2009
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:35 pm
Im strange but not scary!

city4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the rough

Any updates people???:
Old Jun 24th 2009, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

cathcrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cathcrow
Well here is my timeline:

1) Provincial office where applied: Edmonton
2) Date when application was POSTED: ~ 13 June, 2009 hand delivered
3) Date when they recieved the application: 16 June 2009
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

Just found out that my LMO has been approved. Took 8 days in total. They've also given an extension on how long it's valid for (it's usually 6 months) but they've given us 9 months as I don't start work until 1st Feb 2010.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by cathcrow
Just found out that my LMO has been approved. Took 8 days in total. They've also given an extension on how long it's valid for (it's usually 6 months) but they've given us 9 months as I don't start work until 1st Feb 2010.
Congrats! That was a quick one - you must have a rare skill. Ours took over 7 weeks to be refused from Edmonton!! All the best in your new job when you start.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 8:28 pm
Im strange but not scary!

city4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the rough

I all,
Just found out my LMO was refused today. Im totally f**ked.
(Im a Truck mechanic in Mississauga,ON.)
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

unigirl1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Just thought I would let anyone who is waiting for Winnipeg LMO that I spoke to service Canada today and they say when all paperwork is recieved its 2-4 weeks wait. I hope I only have to wait 2 I am in daycare which is in demand so I am hoping
Old Jul 13th 2009, 3:34 am
Just Joined

rhi and rob is an unknown quantity at this point

hello all ,can someone tell me if they know how long of a wait there is for lmo in bc iv got a job offer in whistler ? did read somewhere that as from july 1st there meant to be a 15 day turn around ? if anyone has any info that would be great rob
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

trying to escape is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I accepted a job offer in southern Alberta in March this year. My first LMO was sent back rejected The reason given was the job hadn't been advertised with the wage that was on offer, very petty I feel.

The original LMO processing took exactly 4 weeks. I re submitted for a positive LMO 5 weeks ago. I was told around a week ago that it is sat on a officers desk and I should here an answer soon. Im not exactly sure why it has taken longer this time.

I don't know what I will do if it comes back negative. The job I have is in a very small town in the middle of no where, they have been searching for an employee for 10 years, but nobody is prepared to do the hours or live in a very isolated area. If it gets turned down here I can't imagine getting a LMO anywhere.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trying to escape
Hello,

I accepted a job offer in southern Alberta in March this year. My first LMO was sent back rejected The reason given was the job hadn't been advertised with the wage that was on offer, very petty I feel.

The original LMO processing took exactly 4 weeks. I re submitted for a positive LMO 5 weeks ago. I was told around a week ago that it is sat on a officers desk and I should here an answer soon. Im not exactly sure why it has taken longer this time.

I don't know what I will do if it comes back negative. The job I have is in a very small town in the middle of no where, they have been searching for an employee for 10 years, but nobody is prepared to do the hours or live in a very isolated area. If it gets turned down here I can't imagine getting a LMO anywhere.
I think that there's loads of LMO's being rejected at the moment, especially if the employer doesn't advertise properly and do more than the minimum. They want employers to find a Canadian or already landed immigrant no matter what. Fingers crossed it all works out for you.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:00 am
Just Joined

Jeff Michelle is on a distinguished road

Hi all,
Anyone waiting for an LMO in Ontario. My employer advertised on job bank and submitted the application at the beginning of July. The present climate in the UK is really quite depressing, we can't wait for news. We are hoping to go to Newmarket or Aurora. But we may end up in Toronto.

Good luck to all those in the queue.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

sparklingWater is an unknown quantity at this point

just to let you know the timeline in Ontario: got my LMO in 8 weeks sharp! (company applied 1st week of june, received the answer 1st week of august)
Old Aug 8th 2009, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Jeff Michelle is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply, it has been a long journey for my family and myself having been let down terribly from a previous employer. 8 weeks, thats really good news. Hopefully then we should hear the news by September.
JM
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

trying to escape is an unknown quantity at this point

Im still waiting for a positive LMO for Alberta. My employer contacted me today and every single day this past 2 weeks Service Canada have been in touch with a different petty problem, it's almost as though they really don't want anyone at the moment! Im now getting ready for another week in the UK. I think im now in my 8th week of waiting
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Laisee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone...been reading the thread before while waiting for my LMO. May I share mine, too.

Got an employer who signed for me under LCP last April 1, 2009. My agency in Calgary told my agency here in Hong Kong it will be advertise for 1 month, so then after a month I received the copy of the contract. I pressumed the LMO was applied around May 2009 as it is the next step to do. I just called both my agency here and in Calgary but told me none yet. It's almost 4 months waiting time now...I'm getting impatient already but praying hard a positive LMO will arrive ASAP.

-GLENDA-

Last edited by Laisee; Aug 24th 2009 at 1:33 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.