HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old May 20th 2009, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

davidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant future
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

my lmo is being processed for alberta, anyone know a recent update on the processing times there??
Old May 20th 2009, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

I just heard last week that Alberta is around 6-8 weeks.
Old May 21st 2009, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

k3v1n is an unknown quantity at this point

my cousin told me that.... that is why i am wondering about my LMO application, my employer submitted mine last january until now no word from HRDSC...
does anyone here know the number to call for follow up..

thanks and have a blessed day
Old May 21st 2009, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

Unfortunately you can't call HRSDC and ask for a status. Only your employer can do that since they were the ones applying for the LMO. Have your employer make an official inquiry!
Old May 21st 2009, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

k3v1n is an unknown quantity at this point

here is my problem.. i don't know how to approach them because on his last email to me... he told me that what ever the result is he will email me back.. and also he told me that he don't have any control on the approval process and they are (HRDC) are behind with the process... but i keep on emailing them but they are not responding so i assuming that my papers are still on process...
so can you give me some advice on how to ask the hr to make a follow up on the process(LMO)..

thanks so much for your input..
Old May 25th 2009, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Has anyone heard anything new about the ONTARIO timeline?
Did anyone receive an LMO lately? preferably positive of course...
Old May 25th 2009, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

Hi my oh recieved a positive one last wednesday, we think about 5 weeks after it was submitted, this was from Edmonton

Anne
Old May 25th 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by anne-ireland
Hi my oh recieved a positive one last wednesday, we think about 5 weeks after it was submitted, this was from Edmonton

Anne
Great news - it was 5 weeks for someone else too from Edmonton. Was that another job as a brickie?
Old May 26th 2009, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lloydies
Great news - it was 5 weeks for someone else too from Edmonton. Was that another job as a brickie?
Yeah, was for the firm that rescued us after, his first firm let him go. They originally issued lmo for 8 weeks and told firm to reapply straight away, the new lmo is for 10 months, so they got 1 year in total - they don't seem to be giving them for any longer these days - anyway going to get pr application in asap.

Anne
Old May 26th 2009, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Hi Anne!

Rejoice!! That's a very rare gift these days and you can surely be proud of the positive LMO! Congratulations! And 5 weeks are pretty good too!

The rest of us is still waiting... more or less patiently...

cheers
Brigit
Old May 26th 2009, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by anne-ireland
Yeah, was for the firm that rescued us after, his first firm let him go. They originally issued lmo for 8 weeks and told firm to reapply straight away, the new lmo is for 10 months, so they got 1 year in total - they don't seem to be giving them for any longer these days - anyway going to get pr application in asap.

Anne
Good stuff ... really pleased for you after the mess with the other employer. Hope all goes well with the PR application
Old May 26th 2009, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

davidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant future

Just got word that our lmo for calgary was turned down after 5 weeks and 5 days, on the basis that the employer didn't provide proof that job was advertised for 14 days(it was on job bank for 14 days but he put the start date of advertising in and not the end date!!)

So he's speaking to the boss of the guy that turned it down to see if he can appeal, or just provide the proof from job bank that it was advertised for 14 days!?

Crazy situation!

daveshan
Old May 26th 2009, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

OMG Dave - I am sorry to hear that. Pls keep us posted on the outcome... I am waiting 8 weeks in Ontario now and expect nothing good at this moment... I'd really like to know if "taking it to the next level" helps!
Hang in there...
Brigit
Old May 26th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davidshan
Just got word that our lmo for calgary was turned down after 5 weeks and 5 days, on the basis that the employer didn't provide proof that job was advertised for 14 days(it was on job bank for 14 days but he put the start date of advertising in and not the end date!!)

So he's speaking to the boss of the guy that turned it down to see if he can appeal, or just provide the proof from job bank that it was advertised for 14 days!?

Crazy situation!

daveshan
Nightmare ... I hope they manage to sort it out for you.
Old May 26th 2009, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

cheers mermaid and llyodies!! (sp?) lol

We're having a bit of a time of it lately with this lmo!! we're also about 2-3 weeks form signing to sell our house so if it goes back to the start again, means another 7-8 weeks maybe more, and kinda mucks it all up for us!!!

if its meant to be its meant to be eh?!?

thanks for the messages though, means a lot and i'll keep you posted!!

P.S hope all goes well for you mermaid!! good luck!!

daveshan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.