HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

davidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant future
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by Stuarty
Currently 4 to 6 weeks processing time in Alberta so shouldn't be long till you hear something daveshan
Cheers STU!!

We're just waiting for the phone call to come then get ourselves out there, how are things with yourself? Hope all is well!

daveshan
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Stew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really nice

Currently 6-8 months for the processing time according to Service Canada in Edmonton right now! They gave me a number to call though and there automated service is saying 6-8 weeks.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frankz23
It's 6 months time waiting

When can Service Canada (Edmonton) approved our LMO?
No way it should be taking 6 months!!!
We were getting them processed in as little as 2 weeks up until this month when the process slowed down slightly (4 - 6 weeks) due to the economic downturn (Politics at play). Your employer must have missed out some important info and needs to check up on its status immediately.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

frankz23 is an unknown quantity at this point

No way it should be taking 6 months!!!
We were getting them processed in as little as 2 weeks up until this month when the process slowed down slightly (4 - 6 weeks) due to the economic downturn (Politics at play). Your employer must have missed out some important info and needs to check up on its status immediately.

My employer called the service canada but they just inform them that our LMO still ongoing process. I don't know the reason why but it's clearly possible reason is the global recession....
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

My employer called the service canada but they just inform them that our LMO still ongoing process. I don't know the reason why but it's clearly possible reason is the global recession....
The recession simply slows the process down, the rules are still the same, its just the interpretation of them that changes. LMO's are now only valid for 6 months (during which time they must be used or lost) and work permits are being mostly issued for 1 year (it was 2 years earlier this year). There is much closer scrutiny of what advertising an employer does locally and reasons must be given as to why any local applying for the advertised job was not successful....then you can bring in a foreign worker. A 6 month wait is not normal and you need your prospective employer to contact Service Canada asap.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

The recession simply slows the process down, the rules are still the same, its just the interpretation of them that changes. LMO's are now only valid for 6 months (during which time they must be used or lost) and work permits are being mostly issued for 1 year (it was 2 years earlier this year). There is much closer scrutiny of what advertising an employer does locally and reasons must be given as to why any local applying for the advertised job was not successful....then you can bring in a foreign worker. A 6 month wait is not normal and you need your prospective employer to contact Service Canada asap.
That's what I said to my prospective employer, we're waiting too long

Okay thanks I will inform my employer to push service canada.

What if I do the one to contact them? Is it possible?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

HeadingNorth is an unknown quantity at this point

My new employer applied for our LMO March 26th 2009 and we're still waiting.

I've been told that it's very difficult to talk to HRDSC at the moment?

Five weeks have never seemed so long!

Last edited by HeadingNorth; Apr 30th 2009 at 12:57 am.
Old May 14th 2009, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

bindiya is an unknown quantity at this point

My LMO Application was submitted on April 13th 2009 after waiting for 14 calendar days once job posting was submitted .
i received a Positive LMO for HRSDC on May 13th 2009
The application was made within Canada

Hope this helps :-)
Old May 14th 2009, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

davidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant future

where was your lmo application for in canada? what was the job title?

cheers, daveshan
Old May 15th 2009, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

My update....

1) Provincial office where applied: Edmonton, Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: month of Oct 2008
3) Date when they recieved the application: month of Oct 2008
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? YES, after they call around 1st week of Feb 2009, need to submit some files again they said we will wait again after 7 weeks but still waiting until now
5) Date when decision made or recieved? 1st week of May : REFUSED
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?
Outside
Old May 15th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

My update....

1) Provincial office where applied: Edmonton, Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: month of Oct 2008
3) Date when they recieved the application: month of Oct 2008
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? YES, after they call around 1st week of Feb 2009, need to submit some files again they said we will wait again after 7 weeks but still waiting until now
5) Date when decision made or recieved? 1st week of May : REFUSED
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?
Outside
Oh no ... that's terrible ... sorry to hear. Is there anything your employer can do? What's the NOC?
Old May 15th 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

HeadingNorth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
My new employer applied for our LMO March 26th 2009 and we're still waiting.

I've been told that it's very difficult to talk to HRDSC at the moment?

Five weeks have never seemed so long!
Positive LMO arrived May 4th. from Edmonton.
Old May 20th 2009, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All,

Nothing received yet, employer got a letter on 14th apr to say all was ok for processing, been.....5 weeks and a day now.... starting to get restless now!!!
.....it is indeed a virtue!
daveshan
Old May 20th 2009, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

1) Provincial office where applied: Ontario
2) Date when application was POSTED: March 2009 (3 weeks in total)
3) Date when they recieved the application: April 1, 2009
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? NONE
5) Date when decision made or recieved? nothing yet
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? inside
Old May 20th 2009, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

I learned last week from our lawyer that the official processing time in Ontario at HRSDC is 7-9 weeks. I am in week 7 now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.