Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

how long does it take to get a visa when you DIY?

how long does it take to get a visa when you DIY?

Old May 4th 2010, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long does it take to get a visa when you DIY?

Originally Posted by lisa_247
Hi, myself and my partner are considering using a consultant to help us with our Canadian Visa application. After reading lots of the previous posts on here regarding this subject, we are tempted now to just go it alone and do it ourselves as our circumstances are pretty straight forward and the consultant is charging £3700 (thats the total for myself and my partner).

My boyfriend spoke to a friend of his last night who lives in Calgary, and he recommended that we go with the consultant as doing it yourself could take up to 3 years for the visa to come through with the way things are at the moment. I realise that lots of people have applied without help and have had visas come through pretty quickly, but I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it would roughly take if we dont use the adviser?

Many thanks

Lisa
Hi
Lisa
Your timeline will depend on how complex your background,work history, criminal etc etc, take others time frames as a guide only as each application is processed individually. My application was approved in just over 7 months back when i applied in March 09 not too sure how CHC are processing FSW at the moment the 'trackit' website may help with this question.
I think 6 - 12 m is an average for a fairly straight forward FSW application
hope this helps