Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Hi i am about to apply for PR...am currently on reinstated visitor status.HELP NEEDED

Hi i am about to apply for PR...am currently on reinstated visitor status.HELP NEEDED

Old May 25th 2009, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

may_bettesworth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi i am about to apply for PR...am currently on reinstated visitor status.HELP NE

Originally Posted by geo4
As you've been here for more than one year you have the right to get your PR processed by the Canadian Embassy of your native country.

Doing it this way is ALOT quicker than inland as it gets expedited somewhat.
This is fantastic advice thanks.
i will def look into this route over inland!
Old May 25th 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi i am about to apply for PR...am currently on reinstated visitor status.HELP NE

Originally Posted by may_bettesworth
ok in your opinion(as you did leave several times)what is the best thing to say when re entering?That you are applying for PR or visitng?
Tell the complete and total truth. If nothing else, "They" know everything... The last time I came through immigration in Calgary (Christmas 2007) I thought the border guy looked vaguely familiar. It had been 8 months since we'd last been through, and yet he still said, straight away, before even glancing at the computer: "Didn't you only come through here at Easter?"
Old May 25th 2009, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

This is fantastic advice thanks.
i will def look into this route over inland!
Definitely do! My inland application took 17 months
Old May 25th 2009, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

ok so i just spoke to a lady at CIC and she said i can leave and come back but it is at the discretion of the immigration officer as to whether they let me back in.
And worth remembering that if they do allow you back in (as I'm sure they would) you may well lose a lot of time remaining on your current visitor's record. It sounds like you've just been granted a 12 month extension to your stay? If you were to leave, it's more than likely that you'd only be granted a 6 month stay on your return.
Old May 25th 2009, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
That's ridiculous!!!!
Old May 25th 2009, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

And worth remembering that if they do allow you back in (as I'm sure they would) you may well lose a lot of time remaining on your current visitor's record. It sounds like you've just been granted a 12 month extension to your stay? If you were to leave, it's more than likely that you'd only be granted a 6 month stay on your return.
I just really need to go home for couple of weeks you know.My baby is 8mths and my dad hasn't met him, so it's very important
Old May 26th 2009, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

clactonlad is an unknown quantity at this point

May i suggest writing to, or making an appointment at the embassy in Canada and explaining to the person your situation. You might be able to get a letter or a physical visitor visa that is valid from the time of re-entry, or just something to show to the IO when re-entering Canada.

I don't no how effective this would be, it's just a thought, but good luck!
Old May 26th 2009, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by clactonlad
May i suggest writing to, or making an appointment at the embassy in Canada and explaining to the person your situation. You might be able to get a letter or a physical visitor visa that is valid from the time of re-entry, or just something to show to the IO when re-entering Canada.

I don't no how effective this would be, it's just a thought, but good luck!
I have a physical visa that is dated from may 2009 -may 2010?Is that good enough?
What would be their reasons for refusing me entry?
Old May 26th 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

No the one dated from May would not be good enough i don't think, because you are braking the T's and C's of that visa by leaving Canada.

They could in theory refuse you entry because they think you are trying to live in Canada illegally, ie, if your PR app is refused, you will not leave the country - but i would say you would be super unlucky to come across an IO who would take that stance, but i was advised that it is best not to leave Canada then return while you have a PR app being dealt with.

I cant remember if you said you have sent the PR app off yet, if not, i would say do your trip and return to Canada as a 'visitor' before you send of your PR app, then extend it again before the 6 months run out, then you should be good!
Old May 26th 2009, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

No the one dated from May would not be good enough i don't think, because you are braking the T's and C's of that visa by leaving Canada.

They could in theory refuse you entry because they think you are trying to live in Canada illegally, ie, if your PR app is refused, you will not leave the country - but i would say you would be super unlucky to come across an IO who would take that stance, but i was advised that it is best not to leave Canada then return while you have a PR app being dealt with.

I cant remember if you said you have sent the PR app off yet, if not, i would say do your trip and return to Canada as a 'visitor' before you send of your PR app, then extend it again before the 6 months run out, then you should be good!

I have a son who is 8mths...in your honest opinion...is it worth me leaving and potentially getting refused.
Old May 26th 2009, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Chances of there being a problem are slim, but if i where in your boots, i don't think i would risk it, unless you can get some kinda of compassionate dispensation from the Canadian embassy.
Old May 26th 2009, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Chances of there being a problem are slim, but if i where in your boots, i don't think i would risk it, unless you can get some kinda of compassionate dispensation from the Canadian embassy.
thanks for your advice!i will call the canadian embassy and see what they say.

your right the chance is slim but not worth risking not getting back and and splitting my family apart.
Old May 26th 2009, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck mate
Old May 26th 2009, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck mate
think i need it!! lol

cheers
Old May 26th 2009, 3:57 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa!

But how long until you had that open work Visa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.