Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Heartbroken Man Looking For A New Life

Wikiposts

Heartbroken Man Looking For A New Life

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 1:28 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heartbroken Man Looking For A New Life

Originally Posted by Bloc75
Hmm, not sure where I saw it now.

This link doesn't say its cancelled, but it does say I have to run a farm. Which is odd.

My business is Web Design, I won't be a farmer, got zero experience in farming.

http://www.visabureau.com/canada/working-in.aspx

By the way, is it possible to form a business partnership with someone who is based in Canada, and move like that?
Always better to go to the horses mouth than some shady visa companies webpage....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...oyed/index.asp
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 1:36 am
Just Joined

Bloc75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Right I looked at the requirements and the selection criteria.

I had 22 for Education, 25 for Experience, 10 for age, but 0 for both Ability in English/French and Adaptability.

Which still gives me 57 points though.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 1:39 am
Just Joined

I also looked at the Fees calculator and correct me if I am wrong but I only need to check Right of Permanent Residence Fee and Principal Applicant, under the Investor/Entrepreneur and Self Employed Class

Which is $1540.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 1:41 am
Just Joined

But then it says it takes 44 months to process. 4 years??? My god.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice

Right I looked at the requirements and the selection criteria.

I had 22 for Education, 25 for Experience, 10 for age, but 0 for both Ability in English/French and Adaptability.

Which still gives me 57 points though.
I find it hard to believe that you would score 0 points for English, you seem pretty fluent to me!

You would need to take the IELTS test, the official way to demonstrate your level of English (there is an equivalent for French too if you speak it, even a bit, might be worth it for the extra points). You'd probably score the maximum points in English, or close enough, this would in turn probably give you enough to take you past the 67 points needed.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nerdherd
I find it hard to believe that you would score 0 points for English, you seem pretty fluent to me!

You would need to take the IELTS test, the official way to demonstrate your level of English (there is an equivalent for French too if you speak it, even a bit, might be worth it for the extra points). You'd probably score the maximum points in English, or close enough, this would in turn probably give you enough to take you past the 67 points needed.
67 points? It says that you need a minimum of 35.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 2:25 am
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by nerdherd

You only need 67 points for FSW. It is lower for Self-Employed route.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BTJ
You only need 67 points for FSW. It is lower for Self-Employed route.
FSW isn't available to me though.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 2:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

But then it says it takes 44 months to process. 4 years??? My god.
Yes, but at least it's an option for you and you'd get PR rather than just going over on a Temp Work Permit. Seems to me that the sensible thing to do would be to apply for PR now, and then while it's being processed try and find a job offer (and employer prepared for the hassle/paperwork/wait to hire you, which is often the tricky bit) so you can try and get there quicker.

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 2:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

BTJ was responding to Nerdherds post - you can see by the 'quoted' part of the reply who somebody is responding to.

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:01 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

HBy the way, is it possible to form a business partnership with someone who is based in Canada, and move like that?
Won't work. You can form a business, but cannot work for it in Canada. Same rules apply to a business you own as any other business for hiring foreign workers.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice

Not now, no, but you may possibly qualify in January when the new rules quick in (and announced before that). See link from Siphorous, post #8 in this thread.

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
BTJ was responding to Nerdherds post - you can see by the 'quoted' part of the reply who somebody is responding to.

Sorry I know, I just missed it. Delirium has been floating around today.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, but at least it's an option for you and you'd get PR rather than just going over on a Temp Work Permit. Seems to me that the sensible thing to do would be to apply for PR now, and then while it's being processed try and find a job offer (and employer prepared for the hassle/paperwork/wait to hire you, which is often the tricky bit) so you can try and get there quicker.

Ok so I would have to pay upfront and hope that it gets passed. Lots can happen in 4 years and it could all be for nothing. World moves at such a snails pace.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 4:36 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

dont be put off by initial findings. This is all part of the process, the more you find the more you look and soon you will find a way to do this. Waiting and patience is all part of the process though.
Christmas knows what shes talking about, I would start your PR and then make a visit and meet everyone you can in the area you are interested in (work wise and geographically)
Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.