FSW2 Applications 2013

Old Feb 18th 2014, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

cedarsguardian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW2 Applications 2013

Hi,

Landed at Prescott-Ogdensburg.

Crossed over to US and wanted to continue have lunch or something and land on the way back.

So I handed my passports. Officer goes Citizenship, I said well I do not have Canadian citizenship (Assumed she wanted my Citizenship card), she said your citizenship... I am bit confused, you have my passports... (On my previous US visit that was my response and the officer was really not happy), .

She said purpose of visit I said family day out...

Status in Canada I said TWP & Landing on the way back.

She then spoke into here radio flagpole, I said no I will do it on the way back.. she goes you can not.

Anyway went inside, officer explained to me that it is an administrative process, handed over denial of entry letter, which apparently was required by the Canadian Border officers to land me. without it they can not land me, it is the proof that I left Canada or something to that effect.

So drove back to Canada told the officer I am landing.. went to reception handed over my passport and COPR.

Officer asked me for the denial of entry letter, and he got busy for about 30 minutes or so then called me to sign the COPR. He said Congrats you are now a PR.

I thanked him and drove back to US.. (could not upset the kids).

In general it was as smooth as it can be apart from kids disappointment that we had to head back shortly after we crossed first time.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cedarsguardian
Hi,

Landed at Prescott-Ogdensburg.

Crossed over to US and wanted to continue have lunch or something and land on the way back.

So I handed my passports. Officer goes Citizenship, I said well I do not have Canadian citizenship (Assumed she wanted my Citizenship card), she said your citizenship... I am bit confused, you have my passports... (On my previous US visit that was my response and the officer was really not happy), .

She said purpose of visit I said family day out...

Status in Canada I said TWP & Landing on the way back.

She then spoke into here radio flagpole, I said no I will do it on the way back.. she goes you can not.

Anyway went inside, officer explained to me that it is an administrative process, handed over denial of entry letter, which apparently was required by the Canadian Border officers to land me. without it they can not land me, it is the proof that I left Canada or something to that effect.

So drove back to Canada told the officer I am landing.. went to reception handed over my passport and COPR.

Officer asked me for the denial of entry letter, and he got busy for about 30 minutes or so then called me to sign the COPR. He said Congrats you are now a PR.

I thanked him and drove back to US.. (could not upset the kids).

In general it was as smooth as it can be apart from kids disappointment that we had to head back shortly after we crossed first time.
Congrats on being a PR now!

Yep, I've heard that sometimes they insist you get the administrative refusal, as you've done. However, there's no requirement for that (as far as I understand). I believe your best bet would have just been to mention you're on a TWP, and nothing else. They don't need to know you intend to land on the way back. So you just say you're going to the states for shopping or whatever, and tell them you're a TWP.

From what I've read, it shouldn't really be an issue since it's an administrative refusal (not an actual refusal), but the ideal is not to have any kind of refusal.

Regardless, I wouldn't worry about it. Plenty of people have had the same approach as you and I'm sure they're fine :-)

Still the waiting game for me, sigh! Hopefully the 3rd line will appear soon then the rest will fly through, like it did for you.

Looking forward to joining you soon :-)

Graham.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks... and hope that yours will be sorted soon.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Thanks... and hope that yours will be sorted soon.
Thanks!
Old Feb 21st 2014, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wahoo.

Medical results now officially received online.

The end is in sight! :-) Hopefully the next part is as quick as it was for cedarsguardian.

Graham.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Decision made!!!

Just spotted it today, but could have been anytime since Friday till today.

Hopefully that COPR will arrive as soon as it did for cedarsguardian after DM :-D

Graham.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 4:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham1710
Decision made!!!

Just spotted it today, but could have been anytime since Friday till today.

Hopefully that COPR will arrive as soon as it did for cedarsguardian after DM :-D

Graham.

Old Feb 24th 2014, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie

thanks!

Is it fairly safe to relax that it should be a positive decision...?

Graham.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks!

Is it fairly safe to relax that it should be a positive decision...?

Graham.
Also, given both my wife and I are British citizen's (with British passports), is it safe to say we won't be asked for physical passports, or copies? i.e. the same as it was for cedarsguardian...?

Thanks,

Graham.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 5:06 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Also, given both my wife and I are British citizen's (with British passports), is it safe to say we won't be asked for physical passports, or copies? i.e. the same as it was for cedarsguardian...?

Thanks,

Graham.

No, they will just ask for a photocopy of your passports.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

No, they will just ask for a photocopy of your passports.
Thanks.

Do they definitely even ask for that, given they had photocopies of certain pages with the application?

cesarsguardian wasn't asked for any photocopies (or originals), aside from with the application. cedarsguardian was able to land after receiving COPR (about 2 days after DM), with no request for photocopies, etc.

Graham.

Last edited by graham1710; Feb 24th 2014 at 5:20 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 5:22 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks.

Do they definitely even ask for that, given they had photocopies of certain pages with the application?

cesarsguardian wasn't asked for any photocopies (or originals), aside from with the application. cedarsguardian was able to land after receiving COPR (about 2 days after DM), with no request for photocopies, etc.

Graham.
They are supposed to ask for photocopies of every page, but London has a tendency to go there own way at times.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

They are supposed to ask for photocopies of every page, but London has a tendency to go there own way at times.
Hey,

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure cedarsguardian was also an Ottawa applicant, as am I.

I guess I'll find out soon enough!

If they do ask, would you expect that before COPR? i.e. they'd request, I'd send, and then they'd send COPR? Any idea if it'd be e-mail or snail mail?

I'm hoping they don't bother asking, as was the case with cedarsguardian :-)

Graham.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

When I sent my application I sent copies of my passport.

They never asked for any other document apart from Medical files.

When landing I did not have to provide anything either. I had all the documents ready just in case though.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

When I sent my application I sent copies of my passport.

They never asked for any other document apart from Medical files.

When landing I did not have to provide anything either. I had all the documents ready just in case though.
Thanks!

When you sent the copies at time of application, did you send copies of every page, or just the specific pages they asked for (which I think was identity page, and admission to Canada, but can't remember).

Did they ask for proof of funds when landing? I know they're not meant to for FSW2, but have heard they occasionally do.

Graham.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.