There is a strike by the some CIC workers as per the below links:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...killed-fed.asp

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/08...blems-experts/
Old Nov 20th 2013, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

cedarsguardian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW2 Applications 2013

Hi,

Just checked the processing times for Skilled workers on CIC site and noticed that for Ottawa CPP it has jumped over the last week or so from 15 months to 25 months.

I applied for FSW2 at Ottawa CPP back in April 2013, my status is in Progress (We received you application on so and so ...).

Any thoughts or feedback from any one on what is going on...

Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2013, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cedarsguardian
Hi,

Just checked the processing times for Skilled workers on CIC site and noticed that for Ottawa CPP it has jumped over the last week or so from 15 months to 25 months.

I applied for FSW2 at Ottawa CPP back in April 2013, my status is in Progress (We received you application on so and so ...).

Any thoughts or feedback from any one on what is going on...

Thanks
Hey,

I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, or worry about it.

I'd spotted the same worry on another forum. But people said they'd called CIC, who said not to give too much importance to the timelines.

I've noticed timelines of others who applied in 2012 (just before the transfer from Buffalo to Ottawa) finalising within 18 months, even with the time taken to transfer their files.

I half suspect the 25 months is because they're busy wrapping up a number of old cases that were from earlier in the Buffalo timeframe that weren't looked at for ages. So if they wrapped some of them up within the last few months that timelines are telling us, it'll show as very large as some of them were even much longer than 25 months in total, so it'd skew the average for the last few months. Might even see that in the next update if they finish off more of those ones. I'd pay more attention to the ones that applied last year, even those before the transfer.

I'm hoping for it to happen within 18 months of applying. Any earlier and it's a bonus. Just have to wait and see!

What I find a little frustrating is the FSW1 applications from May onwards this year are being processed quicker than the FSW2 applications. I thought FSW2 was meant to be quicker! I guess they're making sure to actually get them done quickly, while the jobs are still 'in demand'. Hopefully as they wrap up old cases and ones from last year too, they'll soon get to ours. Things seem to have picked up a lot since the strike ended.

Graham.

Last edited by graham1710; Nov 20th 2013 at 1:01 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Graham,

Lets hope that we will not have to wait anything longer than 18 months

I noticed that in some cases sending a case specific email my cause your application to be processed quickly.

Maybe we should consider doing that sometime in the new year.

regards
Old Nov 20th 2013, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Thanks Graham,

Lets hope that we will not have to wait anything longer than 18 months

I noticed that in some cases sending a case specific email my cause your application to be processed quickly.

Maybe we should consider doing that sometime in the new year.

regards
Yea, hope so!

It's hard to tell with the case specific enquiry. In theory they don't answer unless it's over the stated processing times. They might though!

Graham.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Got My Medical request this morning.

Applied 26 of April 2013.

Great Christmas present.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got My Medical request this morning.

Applied 26 of April 2013.

Great Christmas present.
Wow, congrats!

You were FSW2 at Ottawa, yep? Where are you based just now? I know I know, but I've forgotten :-)

I'm hoping that means mine is coming soon, given I applied a month earlier, lol. Over on another forum, I have noticed a lot of movement up in Ottawa, including those that got PER in 2013. Some slightly random orders here and there (like you before me), but generally a trend appears to be starting.

When did you get your second line on ECAS, assuming they did update it? What does it say, etc.?

Did you end up sending a case specific enquiry btw, or were you waiting till the new year?

I'm certainly hoping for a great Christmas present with some movement.

Graham.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

yes I applied as FSW2 Ottawa. and I am in Ottawa.

Here is what the ,y application status says:

1 - We received your application for permanent residence on April 26, 2013.
2 - We started processing your application on December 10, 2013.

No I did not send them any emails.

The only thing concerning me now is that I changed my address 4-5 months ago and I updated my file online, however the medical request forms still showing my old address. Not sure if that will be ok or I have to get updated forms. Parts of Those forms are pre-filled.

They also requested Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
Old Dec 13th 2013, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes I applied as FSW2 Ottawa. and I am in Ottawa.

Here is what the ,y application status says:

1 - We received your application for permanent residence on April 26, 2013.
2 - We started processing your application on December 10, 2013.

No I did not send them any emails.

The only thing concerning me now is that I changed my address 4-5 months ago and I updated my file online, however the medical request forms still showing my old address. Not sure if that will be ok or I have to get updated forms. Parts of Those forms are pre-filled.

They also requested Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
Nice one, great news then! Hoping mine comes soon :-)

Unfortunately I've no idea about the address thing and if it matters. Perhaps sending them the e-mail, but not sure how quick they'd get back to you...

Hopefully I'll be posting here soon with great news!

Graham.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks.

Friday the 13th Hey.....
Old Dec 13th 2013, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks.

Friday the 13th Hey.....
Haha, uh oh...! :-)
Old Dec 15th 2013, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woohoo!!! Got my second line. They either added it yesterday, or today (or perhaps late Friday!), as I checked Friday morning and it wasn't there.

"We started processing your application on December 12, 2013."

So by looking at the trends, will hopefully get our MR's this week. I'm hoping anyway. We're going to be away mid-January for 2 weeks, so I'm hopeful we can get out medicals done before then. Will just have to call around all the approved physicians in our area and see who can do it asap. I do realize though that the holidays may slow things down.

If there's no one that can do it here before we go, is there anything stopping us doing medicals in Scotland (where we're going) while we're there? I believe as long as it's an approved physician, it doesn't matter... If that were the case, would that make anything slower? Just wondering if the physician needs to mail anything, that'd take longer and more chance of going missing. Or is it all done electronically? Obviously would rather do them here, but just thinking of backups.

Regarding passport requests, does everyone get them, or do they only select certain applications? Just hoping that stage doesn't fall between trips (we have a few early 2014!). If it's at a really awkward time, is there anything that can be done to speed it up? i.e. dropping them off at the visa office, picking them up, etc.?

Some hypothetical questions, but may as well ask!

Early Christmas present, wooooo!

Graham.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations you will probably get your email on Monday or Tuesday.

I got my medicals booked for tomorrow. It is best to get an approved physician with who can do eMedicals. For that you will not need your passport photos and they will send your test results electronically.

Payment will also need to be made and receipt sent by post. I sent mine normal post, I guess I could have dropped it at reception of the CIC building but did not bother driving... (Was not sure if they all agree to take it from me).

If all docs are in before Christmas I am hoping that by Mid January we would get our PR visa's...

I guess for you it will be perfect... get your PR's and fly over to Scotland and land on the way back..
Old Dec 15th 2013, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations you will probably get your email on Monday or Tuesday.

I got my medicals booked for tomorrow. It is best to get an approved physician with who can do eMedicals. For that you will not need your passport photos and they will send your test results electronically.

Payment will also need to be made and receipt sent by post. I sent mine normal post, I guess I could have dropped it at reception of the CIC building but did not bother driving... (Was not sure if they all agree to take it from me).

If all docs are in before Christmas I am hoping that by Mid January we would get our PR visa's...

I guess for you it will be perfect... get your PR's and fly over to Scotland and land on the way back..
Thanks!

Nice one on getting them booked.

So yep, definitely needs to be a approved one anyway. I'll call round when I get them to see who is available asap. How do you know if they can file the results electronically? did you ask?

Which payment are you talking about for sending the fee? The right or permanent residence one? I actually submitted that when I filed the application along with the other fees, so they already have that.

While I'd love your idea of timeline to be right, not holding my breath :-) would be amazing though!

Looking at various tracking spreadsheets for others recently, after cic officially receiving medical results, people have then managed to get visas anywhere between 1 and 3 months. 1 month was absolute minimum, but probably unlikely.

So do you know if everyone gets passport requests, or are some people not asked? I imagine it's everyone, but just wondering.

Graham.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Try this link for the list of physicians:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

It is what I used, and yes I asked them if they do eMedicals.

As for the Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), I am not sure you paid for this before hand. What paid for before was the application processing fees..?? This they asked for now is normally refundable if you get refused or cancel your application at this stage. ($490 per adult - Kids go free ).

I have heard of people taking about a month or so.. after Medical request. To be honest I have a feeling it will be quicker for us. Given the speed we are seeing now. I think they want to complete as many apps as possible especially the old FSW applicants.

I was not expecting anything until mid to end of next year...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.