FSW2 Applications 2013

Old Sep 11th 2013, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Sunryder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW2 Applications 2013

Has anyone actually heard any news regarding their FSW2 applications this year? We haven't heard anything since PER in Feb 2013. Does anyone actually work in the London VO?? So much for the "6 months" timeline!!! http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif
Old Sep 11th 2013, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

barcomi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW2 Applications 2013

Originally Posted by Sunryder
Has anyone actually heard any news regarding their FSW2 applications this year? We haven't heard anything since PER in Feb 2013. Does anyone actually work in the London VO?? So much for the "6 months" timeline!!! http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif
This is not good ... We have just applied under FSW 2013 program. Received PER on the 30th August. Was hoping to get Medical request this side of Christmas though ...

Have you contacted the London VO to confirm your application is sitting with them?
Old Sep 11th 2013, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Yep. Its in London. Just makes me mad. We have a job offer that has been approved by the CANADIAN HR DEPT. (AEO) and still we wait.... They were supposed to finalise these applications in 6 months! I know AEO's are no longer issued, but why can't they treat all the AEO's issued the same as an LMO and at least let us in on a temporary work permit whilst they process our PR application. I don't see the difference between a LMO and an AEO, they should be treated the same. At least we would be able to get on with our lives..... Grrrrrrr....
Old Sep 11th 2013, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

barcomi is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep. Its in London. Just makes me mad. We have a job offer that has been approved by the CANADIAN HR DEPT. (AEO) and still we wait.... They were supposed to finalise these applications in 6 months! I know AEO's are no longer issued, but why can't they treat all the AEO's issued the same as an LMO and at least let us in on a temporary work permit whilst they process our PR application. I don't see the difference between a LMO and an AEO, they should be treated the same. At least we would be able to get on with our lives..... Grrrrrrr....
I know what you mean, bureaucracy is a killer! What are the current processing times for LMO?
Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

cornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nice

We have a job offer that has been approved by the CANADIAN HR DEPT.
Just a thought, couldn't you get a TWP and wait for your PR to come through whilst already working on the TWP?
Old Sep 11th 2013, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Out of interest, who said 6 months?

I applied under FSW2 in March, and got PER in April. Like you, haven't heard anything since. Mine should be the Ottawa VO.

Only timelines I see are that the arranged employment CIC page says 11 months (but have been advised that page is likely out of date!), and the overal FSW timelines, which are way over 6 months.

We have this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796266 for FSW in 2012/2013. This includes FSW1 as well as 2.

Graham.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

waterfall will become famous soon enough

Hey Guys!
I just wanted to let you know that we also applied under FSW with an AEO since May 2012 and got PER in June 2012 and when we contacted Ottawa pilot to see if our application was sent there, they said it is being precessed in there office (BUT THIS WAS A YEAR AGO, IT WAS LAST SEPTEMBER). Now as you can see it has been a year already and we didn't hear anything from them yet NOTHING! Oh yeah and they said their standard processing time for this type of application is 15 MONTHS!
Old Sep 12th 2013, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cornwall9
Just a thought, couldn't you get a TWP and wait for your PR to come through whilst already working on the TWP?
We have thought about this but this could take another 4 to 5 months just to get the LMO before we can apply for a TWP, hopefully by then they would have at least started processing our PR then we know where we stand!!
Old Sep 12th 2013, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Angry Re: FSW2 Applications 2013

graham1710 - our application is under the new category Federal Skilled Trades Workers with a qualifying job offer. These were to be completed within 6 months. I can't find where I read the 6 months bit, but they were supposed to be fast tracked if you had a job offer. Kenny's tweet in August was saying that they have had applications processed in 3 and 4 months. NOT OURS!!

Waterfall - I think the time is about right for you to contact them and find out whats happening with your application. Its ridiculous that they can leave you and your potential employer in limbo for so long.

Yes I'm ranting and I don't care, because I am so sick of waiting......
Old Sep 12th 2013, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

cornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nice

O right, I just assumed you already had a LMO as I was under the impression that every job offer needed to have the LMO attached to it for visa purposes, my bad.

Don't suppose the IEC (working holiday visa) is a temporary option for you?
Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

graham1710 - our application is under the new category Federal Skilled Trades Workers with a qualifying job offer. These were to be completed within 6 months. I can't find where I read the 6 months bit, but they were supposed to be fast tracked if you had a job offer. Kenny's tweet in August was saying that they have had applications processed in 3 and 4 months. NOT OURS!!

Waterfall - I think the time is about right for you to contact them and find out whats happening with your application. Its ridiculous that they can leave you and your potential employer in limbo for so long.

Yes I'm ranting and I don't care, because I am so sick of waiting......
Ah, I didn't realise it was the Trades route! Thanks for the info!

Hopefully we all see some progress soon!

Graham.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cornwall9
O right, I just assumed you already had a LMO as I was under the impression that every job offer needed to have the LMO attached to it for visa purposes, my bad.

Don't suppose the IEC (working holiday visa) is a temporary option for you?
No, we are both too old for IEC unfortunately
Old Sep 14th 2013, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

@Sunryder: We keep renewing our police certificates so that when they ask for them we don't have to wait for them to come. We'll have the updated ones again within a week or two and I'm planning to send an email and see if there is anything needed from our end since it has been 13 months already without a work from Ottawa-Pilot. he problem is, they say they may not answer if the application is still within the standard processing time (in our case they said 15 months)
Old Sep 14th 2013, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

I mean without a word
Old Sep 16th 2013, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Waterfall: we are going to have to renew our police certificates too, but we will wait until we see some action from CIC first!! Maybe wait out the next two months then mail them. Will be interesting to know the outcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.