Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old May 26th 2016, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Congrats - was that your RPRF?

Similar timeline to you but no idea when PPR request comes through - seems to take ages for inland people for some reason where as outland get their request within 24 hours - 3 weeks
Yes it was RPRF, i'll let you know when we get passport requests!
Old May 26th 2016, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Just to keep it going latest draw was made on 20 may and minimum CRS score was 484.
Express Entry rounds of invitations

Back down from the 534 in early May. Value is up a little on the long term average (468) (ignores the pre Jun 12 values) but within 1 SD.
Old May 27th 2016, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Just to keep it going latest draw was made on 20 may and minimum CRS score was 484.
Express Entry rounds of invitations

Back down from the 534 in early May. Value is up a little on the long term average (468) (ignores the pre Jun 12 values) but within 1 SD.
Cheers and within 1SD haha, such an engineer.
Old May 27th 2016, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
Cheers and within 1SD haha, such an engineer.
I cant be the only one who has this plotted on a normal distribution curve, anyone, anyone!
Old May 27th 2016, 3:04 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

They are really cutting down on the number of ITAs

It was around 1000 a month or so ago and now it is between 700-800
Old May 27th 2016, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Paramedic87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! I've been reading around, but am new to the forum so thought I'd use this thread to introduce myself. I'm a 29 year old paramedic, currently in Liverpool and myself and my partner are hoping to move out to Ontario once he finishes his IT degree. I have a BSc (1st class), currently working on an MSc and around 8 years of skilled work experience.
As far as our application timeline goes:

Express Entry Pool submitted: 20/01/2016

CRS points: 469

Me
Education: 119 pts
Language: 128 pts
Canadian Work Experience: 0 pts

Partner
Education: 2 pts
Language: 20 pts

Skill Transferability Factors: 100 pts

ITA received: 27/01/201

AOR: 25/03/2016

BG check form requested: 30/03/2016

BG check form submitted: 1/04/2016

BG now says in progress and haven't heard anything else since, so crossing our fingers and toes, as had a lot of problems getting letters from old employers (not the ones being used for skilled work experience, but for agency work I did shortly after graduation etc) and issues getting the banks to provide the necessary details requested, so had to submit bank statements and letters of explanation etc alongside these. Hoping CIC have some sympathy and flexibility! :-)

Anyway, lovely to meet you all and glad to see so many success stories! :-)
Old May 27th 2016, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

They are really cutting down on the number of ITAs

It was around 1000 a month or so ago and now it is between 700-800
They always previously had a target of 1000 per draw and cut-off the score to get as close as possible.

This change in Invitations may just be because there are too many people with one or two more points, however I suspect it is more likely to be an artificial way of reducing backlogs in CIC paperwork, given that they clearly have a hopeless backlog of PR cards, as someone has obviously found all the ones that CIC staff stuffed down the back of the sofa that have pre-November 2015 size PR Card photographs and they are now dealing with those that are 4-5 months past the 'current' 7 week processing time....

Last edited by withabix; May 27th 2016 at 5:44 pm.
Old May 27th 2016, 5:41 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paramedic87
As far as our application timeline goes:

Express Entry Pool submitted: 20/01/2016

CRS points: 469

Me
Education: 119 pts
Language: 128 pts

Partner
Education: 2 pts
Language: 20 pts

Skill Transferability Factors: 100 pts

ITA received: 27/01/201

AOR: 25/03/2016

BG check form requested: 30/03/2016

BG check form submitted: 1/04/2016

BG now says in progress and haven't heard anything else since, so crossing our fingers and toes, as had a lot of problems getting letters from old employers (not the ones being used for skilled work experience, but for agency work I did shortly after graduation etc) and issues getting the banks to provide the necessary details requested, so had to submit bank statements and letters of explanation etc alongside these. Hoping CIC have some sympathy and flexibility! :-)
You are only two months in since your AOR. Don't expect to hear from them for a few more months.
Old May 27th 2016, 5:44 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by withabix

however I suspect it is more likely to be an artificial way of reducing backlogs in CIC paperwork,
You're probably right. The PR applications appear to be going over the 6 month mark as well (as we know that isn't their deadline) but I'm noticing more people are waiting longer.

*sigh*
Old May 27th 2016, 8:06 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You're probably right. The PR applications appear to be going over the 6 month mark as well (as we know that isn't their deadline) but I'm noticing more people are waiting longer.

*sigh*
Awwww

Whenever I see your name come up on an update on this thread, I think maybe you have had good news and get excited for you! (and others, of course!)

it won't be long..

Old May 27th 2016, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked your junk folder recently Becki just in case your passport request email has gone in there?

S
Old May 27th 2016, 9:53 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Awwww

Whenever I see your name come up on an update on this thread, I think maybe you have had good news and get excited for you! (and others, of course!)

it won't be long..

Lol I should stop posting on here until the good news comes through

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Have you checked your junk folder recently Becki just in case your passport request email has gone in there?

S
Yeah still checking the emils/junk folder regularly and my cic account.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 10:49 am
Just Joined

snpero is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it enough for CIC/IRCC to count the entire month as foreign work experience in CRS Skill Transferability Factors if there is at least one day of full-time work that month?

It's possible to only specify a month and a year for both begin & end dates in the MyCIC EE system. However, the work contract may have started in the middle of the said month. Additionally, I noticed that they seem to grant any possible work experience points immediately at the beginning of the month. This has the risk of not being able to prove enough work experience if checked on day level & being close to the limit the moment of getting an ITA, especially if there is more than one job considered for work experience.

I checked the ministerial instructions regarding this, but they only talk about years, not even months, let alone days. They do confirm that all of the foreign work experience doesn't have to be in one same NOC:

"(e) 50 points, if the foreign national has three years of foreign work experience and is assessed in their first official language at level 9 or higher on all language skill areas."

"(1) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that
(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers; and
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1)."

Ministerial Instructions for the Express Entry Application Management System

Last edited by snpero; Jun 2nd 2016 at 11:28 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute

i must say i just put the start of the month as the day for my employment history. not 100% sure of the month either if i am honest. cant remember exact dates from up to 10 years ago.

you need to provide employment letters as far as i remember the letter will have dates some of my letters only had month year.

but if you knowingly put down false dates to gain extra points then you run the risk of getting caught. you either have 3 years or you dont. add the days between start and end for all your jobs does the number of days add up to 1095 days if not it is not 3 years.

now if you are asking if you will get caught fudging the numbers a bit i doubt they are going to check very close but if you have letters for 3 jobs with exact start and end dates then they may notice if these are different from those on your application that you received the ita and take those points away therefore you no longer qualify.

Last edited by johntheScot; Jun 3rd 2016 at 3:06 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on when you started/finished in the month, you should consider putting the work experience to start at the beginning of the next month (or finish at the end of the previous month) if you will otherwise gain credit for time you have not actually worked and then it affects your points total (i.e. you receive points you are not actually entitled to).

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.