British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/express-entry-scores-progress-thread-850086/)

miss_mp Apr 4th 2016 8:59 am

Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

I've just checked on the Royal Mail website to track and see if my COPR has been sent yet, and seen that it's on its way. It should arrive tomorrow! :D
I just want to say thank you so much for everyone's advice and tips on the whole process - I i had so many questions and things I didn't know about and so many worries and concerns and I know without everyone's advice I would've been quite confused and lost about how to go about this whole process. Its been a steep learning curve, but thank you for all your helpful advice and input, I really appreciate it! I guess this is just the start of the next big step, and probably more questions that are still to come when it comes to landing and moving to a new country :D But I just want to say thank you for everyone's help :)

beckiwoo Apr 5th 2016 10:50 am

Anyone had a RPRF request recently?

Siouxie Apr 5th 2016 11:27 am

Originally Posted by miss_mp (Post 11913747)
I've just checked on the Royal Mail website to track and see if my COPR has been sent yet, and seen that it's on its way. It should arrive tomorrow! :D
I just want to say thank you so much for everyone's advice and tips on the whole process - I i had so many questions and things I didn't know about and so many worries and concerns and I know without everyone's advice I would've been quite confused and lost about how to go about this whole process. Its been a steep learning curve, but thank you for all your helpful advice and input, I really appreciate it! I guess this is just the start of the next big step, and probably more questions that are still to come when it comes to landing and moving to a new country :D But I just want to say thank you for everyone's help :)

Did it arrive??

:fingerscrossed:

miss_mp Apr 6th 2016 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 11914875)
Did it arrive??

:fingerscrossed:

Yes it did, yay!!! :thumbsup::thumbs: A big relief! Thank you so much for all your advice and tips, and keeping me on the right track with all my questions along the way. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

mahdawg Apr 6th 2016 8:20 am

Originally Posted by miss_mp (Post 11915626)
Yes it did, yay!!! :thumbsup::thumbs: A big relief! Thank you so much for all your advice and tips, and keeping me on the right track with all my questions along the way. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats! :)

miss_mp Apr 6th 2016 8:32 am

Originally Posted by mahdawg (Post 11915648)
Congrats! :)

Thanks mahdawg :D

1ns0uc1ant Apr 11th 2016 6:41 am

Hi guys,

Great thread, there must be a wealth of information here, but I don't know where to start.

As far as I'm aware I'd need my English test scores and my ECA report before I can apply for the Express Entry pool.

I received my ECA in October 2015, but haven't taken the IELTS test yet, I was wondering if my ECA report has to be valid for a certain period before I'd have to submit for it again. I had to wait 7 months to get this one, and the thought of paying for my transcripts and waiting for months is painful to say the least.

Second question is where I can find a good points system where I can check my scores for eligibility. I hear it's been lowered to 450 for the next few rounds but I'd like to be higher to be on the comfortable side. There's the CRS system on CIC's website, are there any other reliable ones?

Thank you in advance

bc2015 Apr 11th 2016 7:07 am

Originally Posted by 1ns0uc1ant (Post 11920115)
Hi guys,

Great thread, there must be a wealth of information here, but I don't know where to start.

As far as I'm aware I'd need my English test scores and my ECA report before I can apply for the Express Entry pool.

I received my ECA in October 2015, but haven't taken the IELTS test yet, I was wondering if my ECA report has to be valid for a certain period before I'd have to submit for it again. I had to wait 7 months to get this one, and the thought of paying for my transcripts and waiting for months is painful to say the least.

Second question is where I can find a good points system where I can check my scores for eligibility. I hear it's been lowered to 450 for the next few rounds but I'd like to be higher to be on the comfortable side. There's the CRS system on CIC's website, are there any other reliable ones?

Thank you in advance

ECA reports are valid for 5 years, English test results are valid for 2 years.

Nobody can predict what the points will be for the next draw.

I have used this calculator in the past and found it to be useful

Express Entry- CRS Score Calculator | Bell Alliance

Snowy560 Apr 11th 2016 7:51 am

I would always be going back to the source documentation (i.e .CIC) rather than ultimately relying on a third party website, even if only for an estimated score.

S

1ns0uc1ant Apr 11th 2016 8:17 am

Originally Posted by bc2015 (Post 11920144)
ECA reports are valid for 5 years, English test results are valid for 2 years.

Nobody can predict what the points will be for the next draw.

I have used this calculator in the past and found it to be useful

Express Entry- CRS Score Calculator | Bell Alliance

Thank you, glad I have a wide berth to play with regarding years and not months like the police certificates.

Originally Posted by Snowy560 (Post 11920190)
I would always be going back to the source documentation (i.e .CIC) rather than ultimately relying on a third party website, even if only for an estimated score.

S

That's true, I'll use both and deduce an average of sorts. Thank you.

beckiwoo Apr 19th 2016 12:43 pm

Is it worth me getting my GCMS notes or should I just wait if I get to my six months timeline? I'm at 4 months next week

Snowy560 Apr 19th 2016 12:52 pm

Personally, I think you should wait. You are still well within processing time.

S

beckiwoo Apr 19th 2016 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Snowy560 (Post 11927255)
Personally, I think you should wait. You are still well within processing time.

S

Glad your saying this. Thanks.

It's stuff I read on the other forums telling people to get their notes 2 weeks after AOR - I need to stop checking that forum :(

Snowy560 Apr 19th 2016 4:22 pm

And then what do they do after they've got their notes?

S

beckiwoo Apr 19th 2016 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Snowy560 (Post 11927339)
And then what do they do after they've got their notes?

S

According to what I read, they get the notes to see if the officer is concerned about a particular area of the application and then they upload documents/explanation via CSE in order to stop any chance of rejection