British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/express-entry-scores-progress-thread-850086/)

sms1984 Aug 6th 2015 3:45 am

Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by withabix (Post 11717880)
In terms of what?

If you mean Landing, we will probably do a flagpole at one of the Lower Mainland border crossings or be boring ad do it at a CIC office. Maybe a weekend away in States, but the exchange rate is a little poor right now!

Daughter lives in UK with her mum at the moment so will be coming for an extra holiday! Then she can start deciding if she wants to move here or not...

Yeah that's what I meant. We had such a nightmare at a land border when we flagpoled to activate work permits that we swore never again!

Degs3112 Aug 7th 2015 5:01 am

Just spoke with a CIC officer and they said the processing time for express entry under federal skilled worker is 16 months.... Surely that can't be right! Has anyone on here been invited under federal skilled worker program? If so, what's your timeline like?

withabix Aug 7th 2015 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Degs3112 (Post 11718782)
Just spoke with a CIC officer and they said the processing time for express entry under federal skilled worker is 16 months.... Surely that can't be right! Has anyone on here been invited under federal skilled worker program? If so, what's your timeline like?

You spoke to an idiot. Don't worry about it. Things appear to move about 4 months after ITA.

Degs3112 Aug 7th 2015 5:19 am

Sorry that should have been federal skilled trade worker! Woops! But ye, I couldn't believe what he was saying. I even repeated myself and said that can't be right for express entry and he replied saying he has it on the screen in front of him. I'm on 3 months now. Just getting my paperwork together to send off my bridging permit application. Congrats on the latest news by the way!� ����� ����

Kiki1 Aug 7th 2015 12:10 pm

Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence Under the Express Entry System (August 7, 2015)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on August 7, 2015 and ending on August 8, 2015 is 1,402.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on August 7, 2015 at 21:10:39 UTC, have been assigned a total of 471 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

siobhannr07 Aug 9th 2015 5:28 am

Hello,

I was just looking for some advice on the digital photos for PR application, as a non-techie person I am completing confused by whats needed!

I got my photos taken and they gave me the hard copies - the hard copies meet the dimensions i.e. frame and face size etc, and then they e-mailed me the digital photo and it seems to meet the digital resolution dimensions (540 by 420 or something), but the image is kinda massive on the screen - so then the physical dimensions don't apply anymore and then I tried to scan the hard copy of the photos and set the DPI to 600 and again the photo comes out all blown up - is this just the way it is meant to be or should i be cropping the images so it basically looks like the size of the passport picture on screen?

I'm lost - any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks!

NineTails Aug 13th 2015 8:31 pm

Just got my IELTS scores back.

Lowest I got was a 7.0 for my reading. Everything else was a 7.5 apart from my listening which was an 8.5. I'm quite please with that as it was more difficult than I thought it would be. Plus I just saved £145 by not having to re-do it.

I also checked my scores on the calculator and I will have around 438 when I apply. I really need to find an extra 12 from somewhere so it will push me over. I'm hoping when I send over my results to get checked that my HNC will count for something as well as my actual university degree.

kswoosh Aug 16th 2015 7:40 pm

Finally submitted my paperwork a day before the deadline. I'm a bit disappointed that I used the whole 60 days, when if I got my backside in gear, I could have no doubt submitted much sooner. Bit of a waste of two months, in hindsight.

Never the less, it's done now - and all I have to do is sit and wait... and wait... and wait.

---mlm--- Aug 17th 2015 5:03 am

Been looking at the express entry route, have many been ITA? my worry is that will be in the pool and nothing will come of it. Any success stories?

christmasoompa Aug 17th 2015 6:16 am

Originally Posted by ---mlm--- (Post 11725928)
Been looking at the express entry route, have many been ITA? my worry is that will be in the pool and nothing will come of it. Any success stories?

Lots of people have received ITA's (and even PR via EE), have a quick search of the forum.

If you score above approx 450 then you're in with a good chance of also receiving an ITA.

HTH, good luck.

Tirytory Aug 17th 2015 6:21 am

Originally Posted by ---mlm--- (Post 11725928)

There's at least four of us, who have or are nearly through EE- we have yet to land but have had COPR. I think we all had in common that we had job offers with LMIA or PNP and applications in and around Feb/March period.

Poppit Aug 18th 2015 9:07 am

My son landed two weeks ago. No LMiA or PNP nomination. Does have a permanent job though. iTA April 10. Submitted full application May 7, Passport Request July 20, so about 10 weeks in all.

Poppit

kswoosh Aug 18th 2015 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Poppit (Post 11727133)
My son landed two weeks ago. No LMiA or PNP nomination. Does have a permanent job though. iTA April 10. Submitted full application May 7, Passport Request July 20, so about 10 weeks in all.

Poppit

Some of the applications are absolutely flying through.

I realise that single person, uncomplicated applications are likely to be quickest, but I wonder if there's any correlation between processing time and score...?

Has anyone put together a spreadsheet of all the EE applicants on here? With dates of profile submission, number of applicants, score, ITA date, submission of paperwork date, and COPR date? If not, I'd be happy to start one. Might be helpful to track dates, timelines n'ting. Plus maybe document reasons for rejection, although hopefully we won't need to fill that part out 'cos everyone will be approved!

P.S. If you want me to compile the spreadsheet, then please post the following info (or inbox me, whatever):

Number of Applicants
Date of Profile Submission
Score
Date of ITA
Date of Application Submission
Any additional paperwork requested?
Date the additional paperwork was submitted
Date of COPR
-or-
Reason for application rejection

And I'll start throwing it together.

Degs3112 Aug 19th 2015 1:37 am

So I checked my Ecas this morning and it's changed from application received to in process although I still only have 3 lines, the 3rd of which says medical received. Also sent of my bridging permit application to Vegreville, Alberta on Friday and they received it on Monday morning

Ally and Chris Aug 19th 2015 2:04 am

our app went into "in process" on the 15th august also...

Day 121 of waiting today.