British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/express-entry-scores-progress-thread-850086/)

DrealDeel Jun 23rd 2015 5:23 am

Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11682838)
SMS makes the second forum member to get PR via EE... Dread Dreel was the first. Race to third Withabix? ;) I have a feeling you will win!

The Real Deal, to be precise! Close enough, I suppose:p

sms1984 Jun 23rd 2015 5:23 am

Originally Posted by johntheScot (Post 11682846)
i did not think SMS had PR yet is she not waiting for her COPR?

Well yes but technically that confirms we are entitled to PR so.....

sms1984 Jun 23rd 2015 5:24 am

Originally Posted by DrealDeel (Post 11682847)

Haha judge dread

johntheScot Jun 23rd 2015 5:46 am

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11682848)
Well yes but technically that confirms we are entitled to PR so.....

sorry i'm ever the pessimist like to have everything confirmed, they may take months to issue the COPR im sure they wont but you never know.

i would only say you are "entitled" to PR once this document is issued, but then i have been accused of being a little pedantic...

sms1984 Jun 23rd 2015 5:55 am

Originally Posted by johntheScot (Post 11682869)
sorry i'm ever the pessimist like to have everything confirmed, they may take months to issue the COPR im sure they wont but you never know.

i would only say you are "entitled" to PR once this document is issued, but then i have been accused of being a little pedantic...

I think you are being a tad pedantic lol. I'm going with the assumption that we are in the clear and just need that piece of paper which a previous EE PR applicant received 4-5 days after mailing CIC his passports which we did on Friday and which were received at CIC in Ottawa yesterday! I probably shouldn't have used the word 'entitled' and chosen 'issued' or 'granted' instead!

Tirytory Jun 23rd 2015 6:02 am

Originally Posted by DrealDeel (Post 11682847)

Well it was DD something:p just like I'm TT something..

sms1984 Jun 23rd 2015 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11682880)
Well it was DD something:p just like I'm TT something..

Im usually BS something hahahaha

Tirytory Jun 23rd 2015 6:03 am

It is splitting hairs... It's not like we're suddenly going to have an email and we race to second instead of them... They've paid their money, been asked for passports, had the email... Yay for them (teeny tiny bit jealous;))

christmasoompa Jun 23rd 2015 9:18 am

And I'm even more pedantic - PR isn't actually granted until an applicant 'lands' and they can still be refused at that point. Only after landing and passing that final check do they become a PR of Canada.

sms1984 Jun 23rd 2015 9:23 am

[QUOTE=christmasoompa;11683020]And I'm even more pedantic - PR isn't actually granted until an applicant 'lands' and they can still be refused at that point. Only after landing and passing that final check do they become a PR of Canada.[/QUOTE

Again, splitting hairs I think

Former Lancastrian Jun 23rd 2015 9:27 am

[QUOTE=sms1984;11683024]

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 11683020)
And I'm even more pedantic - PR isn't actually granted until an applicant 'lands' and they can still be refused at that point. Only after landing and passing that final check do they become a PR of Canada.[/QUOTE

Again, splitting hairs I think

And to be even more pedantic once they officially land and even be issued with a PR card they can have it revoked if found obtained by fraudulent means;)

sms1984 Jun 23rd 2015 9:28 am

[QUOTE=Former Lancastrian;11683028]

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11683024)

And to be even more pedantic once they officially land and even be issued with a PR card they can have it revoked if found obtained by fraudulent means;)

Ok well nothing of ours has been obtained fraudulently and our circumstances wont change between now and landing so lets just assume everything is ok

johntheScot Jun 23rd 2015 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 11683020)
And I'm even more pedantic - PR isn't actually granted until an applicant 'lands' and they can still be refused at that point. Only after landing and passing that final check do they become a PR of Canada.

:goodpost: that's my kind of thinking.

kswoosh Jun 23rd 2015 9:07 pm

My friend has just been asked for copies of her passport pages (presumably to issue her COPR).

She submitted her documents in early April.

Seems hers has flown through... 3 months. Crazy fast. Great news.

withabix Jun 24th 2015 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11682838)
Race to third Withabix? ;) I have a feeling you will win!

Some movement on my application would be nice :unsure:

You've had intervention on yours, which might mean it's further up someone's pile!