British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/express-entry-scores-progress-thread-850086/)

KuroKuro Jun 2nd 2015 4:11 am

Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Interesting that May only had 1 draw! Hope this isn't indicative of draws in the future.

withabix Jun 2nd 2015 4:52 am

Originally Posted by KuroKuro (Post 11663636)
Interesting that May only had 1 draw! Hope this isn't indicative of draws in the future.

I think they've got the hood up, fixing some of the problems that have cropped up during the first 5 months.

Also they're probably doing workload management, because they don't seem to be processing the early applications very quickly or with any predictable pattern, other than that they don't seem to look at an individual application more than once every 4 weeks.

sliam37 Jun 2nd 2015 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Degs3112 (Post 11658421)
Ye it could be something like that, cheers! I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern... I was just curious as to why I couldn't get into my Ecas... Then the mind wonders and start thinking there's something wrong with the application since they say they haven't received it yet!

Not sure if it helps, but I couldn't get in to start with as I put down country of birth as United Kingdom, and in fact i should have put England.

Degs3112 Jun 2nd 2015 5:45 am

Originally Posted by sliam37 (Post 11663724)
Not sure if it helps, but I couldn't get in to start with as I put down country of birth as United Kingdom, and in fact i should have put England.

Lol, Ye I've done the same... I've tried United Kingdom, Scotland and for some reason on my work permit it says I was born in England... So tried that as well and nothing! I'm just guessing they haven't started processing my application yet

sms1984 Jun 5th 2015 4:33 pm

Do children have to pay the right of permanent residence fee? Just had an email from CIC asking for payment for me and my spouse but no mention of our child

withabix Jun 5th 2015 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11667488)
Do children have to pay the right of permanent residence fee? Just had an email from CIC asking for payment for me and my spouse but no mention of our child

Progress!

There is no RPRF for dependent children.

sms1984 Jun 6th 2015 12:40 am

Originally Posted by withabix (Post 11667500)
Progress!

There is no RPRF for dependent children.

Yes some progress eventually although they asked for schedule A again too, this will be the second time so god only knows what happened to the first two we uploaded. I managed to upload all the info and RPRF receipt all withinan hour of the email so lets see how long this next wait will be...

Tirytory Jun 6th 2015 12:53 am

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11667692)
Yes some progress eventually although they asked for schedule A again too, this will be the second time so god only knows what happened to the first two we uploaded. I managed to upload all the info and RPRF receipt all withinan hour of the email so lets see how long this next wait will be...

Yay...that's brilliant news! :thumbsup:

So has your medical been passed? ;)

sms1984 Jun 6th 2015 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11667700)
Yay...that's brilliant news! :thumbsup:

So has your medical been passed? ;)

Haha nothing has changed to passed.....still. It's so strange they way they are processing ours

Tirytory Jun 6th 2015 3:32 am

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11667775)
Haha nothing has changed to passed.....still. It's so strange they way they are processing ours

Maybe you will just get PR and get everything accepted/passed altogether... I wonder how long it takes after you have to pay your fees?

sms1984 Jun 6th 2015 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11667785)
Maybe you will just get PR and get everything accepted/passed altogether... I wonder how long it takes after you have to pay your fees?

Well I think we still need to have passport requests going on the last persons timeline for EE PR so hopefully that wont be too long. At this point i'm really debating wether or not to mail work permit extension paperwork. This might be all done by July 10th when our current permits expire. It's a gamble

sms1984 Jun 6th 2015 6:43 am

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11667789)
Well I think we still need to have passport requests going on the last persons timeline for EE PR so hopefully that wont be too long. At this point i'm really debating wether or not to mail work permit extension paperwork. This might be all done by July 10th when our current permits expire. It's a gamble

I just got another email saying 'your application has been updated' yet whenI log on, nothing has changed! Frustrating

Degs3112 Jun 6th 2015 7:37 am

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11667903)
I just got another email saying 'your application has been updated' yet whenI log on, nothing has changed! Frustrating

Ye I've had that twice now... Talk about an anti climax! When I spoke to CIC about it they said that all it means is that the application has probably gone to a new department sorta thing, progress at least! Although, apparently, my application isn't even in process yet?!?!?

sms1984 Jun 6th 2015 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Degs3112 (Post 11667919)
Ye I've had that twice now... Talk about an anti climax! When I spoke to CIC about it they said that all it means is that the application has probably gone to a new department sorta thing, progress at least! Although, apparently, my application isn't even in process yet?!?!?

When did you submit it?

Degs3112 Jun 6th 2015 9:54 am

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11667935)
When did you submit it?

I only submitted it on May 5th... So a month ago.'