ETA third party site

Old Jul 3rd 2018, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ETA third party site

It isn't the sites fault you didn't scroll down. When you filled out your PR, you obviously knew what the website should be and look like, or, if you used an agency, I assume you still looked at the website and did your own research as well? I'm somewhat confused as to why you blame this site for your own mistake?

Canada Touring is a consultancy based in Spain by the looks of it, judging by the bottom of the site. You are able to contact them regarding a refund, although based on this being down to your own mistake for not reading or looking properly, I doubt it will be successful, especially if they have already processed it on the CIC side of things. Copied below if the refund info they provide:

-------------------

If you wish to request a refund, email us at [email protected] indicating the following:
  • Your reason for the request.
  • Your full names(as appears in your passport).
  • Your unique transaction ID.
  • The email used to make the registration on this website.
For multiple requests, please indicate all transaction IDs.

All refund requests will be evaluated within 72 hours.

----

I think on this occasion, you need to just suck it up and learn from the mistake, as incredibly annoying as it is. Provided you actually get the documents you paid for in the time frame specified, they haven't scammed you. This is no different to any other immigration consultancy.

Last edited by jimmynoshoes; Jul 3rd 2018 at 4:42 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 5:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KenA
I should have been more careful
But the site is based on con and scam
The fees is there but in very small Font and down at the end of the page

If they provide any genuine service they would make the fees clear on top..

The way they run their business is based on people not knowing his much they pay..

I called Canadian immigration scam complaint and they started a scam case.

I will call SSL certificate provider to complain.

Maybe it's too late for me i lost what i paid..
But i feel sorry for big families who fall for these garbage websites..
What they charge and what it covers is as clear as day on the main page of their website - not in small writing at all.
(company name) is intended to help individuals and legal entities in their administrative travel paperwork to enter Canada. This website is not affiliated with the Canadian Government. Our help and assistance are offered at a price of $59 and cover the costs to the immigration service which is $7. You can get your request on the website of the Canadian Embassy, but in this case you will not receive the following benefits:
It's a RIP OFF for sure - but there is NO scam involved. They state what you will get for your $59 and you get exactly what you pay for.

Buyer Beware,
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

Last edited by christmasoompa; Yesterday at 10:37 pm. Reason: Photo removed as it appeared to contain your personal details.
The first image has no info what so ever it just show other users how they designed the page to con people ( you could have at least kept this one )
the 2nd image has rubbish data
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

Originally Posted by jimmynoshoes
It isn't the sites fault you didn't scroll down. When you filled out your PR, you obviously knew what the website should be and look like, or, if you used an agency, I assume you still looked at the website and did your own research as well? I'm somewhat confused as to why you blame this site for your own mistake?

Canada Touring is a consultancy based in Spain by the looks of it, judging by the bottom of the site. You are able to contact them regarding a refund, although based on this being down to your own mistake for not reading or looking properly, I doubt it will be successful, especially if they have already processed it on the CIC side of things. Copied below if the refund info they provide:

-------------------

If you wish to request a refund, email us at [email protected] indicating the following:
  • Your reason for the request.
  • Your full names(as appears in your passport).
  • Your unique transaction ID.
  • The email used to make the registration on this website.
For multiple requests, please indicate all transaction IDs.

All refund requests will be evaluated within 72 hours.

----

I think on this occasion, you need to just suck it up and learn from the mistake, as incredibly annoying as it is. Provided you actually get the documents you paid for in the time frame specified, they haven't scammed you. This is no different to any other immigration consultancy.
They are con
I have been trying to call them whole day, no one answers

the difference than other immigration consultancy is that you know what are you paying.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 11:49 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

They are con

the difference than other immigration consultancy is that you know what are you paying.
It's clearly stated what you're paying on the site's homepage! If you choose not to read it you have nobody to blame but yourself if you get ripped off.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

They are con

There's a basic difference in language, and the reason you're stick in an argument is that you don't acknowledge that.

That site is a rip off. They're performing practically nothing to justify the fee, and the costs to them (of transferring the data) are miniscule, and bear no relation to the fee they're charging.

That's not a scam. If they claimed they'd get you an eTA and they didn't, that would be. If they promised there would be no fee, then there was, that would be.

I think what they're doing is morally reprehensible. But it's not a "scam". Your best way of not paying the fee was to make sure you were getting the eTA from canada.ca or a site ending .gc.ca (personally I don't like the shift to canada.ca - it used to be easy to tell people, only ever use websites that ended .gc.ca). You didn't do the diligence, so you paid more than you needed to. You still got what you paid for.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

If you've been issued a COPR you don't need an eTA:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1184&top=16
Old Jul 4th 2018, 3:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Maybe according to the CIC website, but try boarding an international flight without one! We had trouble in December when my partner and I travelled to activate his PR (Etihad Airlines) and again in June when we went to Canada with a PRTD. Air New Zealand insisted that he needed an ETA even though we explained that he didn't .
Old Jul 4th 2018, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard of that too but every one I know who's had COPR and is Visa Exempt has been able to board. I've always worried about it but it's been fine.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 4:07 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Snowy560
I've heard of that too but every one I know who's had COPR and is Visa Exempt has been able to board. I've always worried about it but it's been fine.
It's a bit of a pain trying to explain to airline staff, but I guess it's hard for them to keep up with visa regulations for all the countries they fly to. A bit of firm explaining of what COPR and a PRTD were got him on the flights. I do wish CIC would just send him the PR card already though. It's now been nearly 7 months and 4 sets of photos.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:15 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It's a bit of a pain trying to explain to airline staff, but I guess it's hard for them to keep up with visa regulations for all the countries they fly to. A bit of firm explaining of what COPR and a PRTD were got him on the flights. I do wish CIC would just send him the PR card already though. It's now been nearly 7 months and 4 sets of photos.
All official documentation suggests that you don't need one and that an electronic counterfoil is issued. I think a lot of people tend to get one for their landing trip anyway though just in case.

In this OP's case though, it really just sounds like a lack of common sense and due diligence to me. I honestly wonder how people like that make it through the immigration process in the first place.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 7:09 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
There's a basic difference in language, and the reason you're stick in an argument is that you don't acknowledge that.

That site is a rip off. They're performing practically nothing to justify the fee, and the costs to them (of transferring the data) are miniscule, and bear no relation to the fee they're charging.

That's not a scam. If they claimed they'd get you an eTA and they didn't, that would be. If they promised there would be no fee, then there was, that would be.

I think what they're doing is morally reprehensible. But it's not a "scam". Your best way of not paying the fee was to make sure you were getting the eTA from canada.ca or a site ending .gc.ca (personally I don't like the shift to canada.ca - it used to be easy to tell people, only ever use websites that ended .gc.ca). You didn't do the diligence, so you paid more than you needed to. You still got what you paid for.
Why? It is a fee for service, those that use it choose to do so, or they just fail to read what they are paying for. It might be a rip off if there was no other choice. The fees seem excessive, but nobody has to pay it. If folks did not pay it, they may well shut up shop pretty quick.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Why? It is a fee for service, those that use it choose to do so, or they just fail to read what they are paying for. It might be a rip off if there was no other choice. The fees seem excessive, but nobody has to pay it. If folks did not pay it, they may well shut up shop pretty quick.
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...nglish/rip-off

Originally Posted by Cambridge English Dictionary
Rip-off: something that is not worth what you pay for it
Old Jul 6th 2018, 1:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I think this subject has pretty much been beaten to death now.. so I'm closing the thread.

All I can suggest is that anyone who is seeking an eTA should apply through the official website.

Thanks all.