ETA third party site

Old Jul 3rd 2018, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice
Default ETA third party site

Applying for visa to Canada
google gave me this website canadian-touring.com

using Canadian Government Logo and Info I thought it was Canada official website

They charged me $60 instead of just $7

Any thing I can do?
or it is too late, I got scammed.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 6:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: ETA third party site

Originally Posted by KenA
Applying for visa to Canada
google gave me this website canadian-touring.com

using Canadian Government Logo and Info I thought it was Canada official website

They charged me $60 instead of just $7

Any thing I can do?
or it is too late, I got scammed.
There are lots of similar websites out there. It’s annoying but you’ve not been ‘scammed’, on the main page of their website they do clearly state that they are not anything to do with the Canadian government, and that you can get your ETA for $7 via CIC. You might want to check that your ETA is genuine and if necessary do it again on the official website (link above, on the sticky threads).

Edit: hang on........I thought you had your PR? So you’re not eligible for an ETA anyway??

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 3rd 2018 at 6:32 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

You just got scammed I’m afraid. There are lots of similar websites out there (although I actually can’t find the one you’ve mentioned).

Not sure your ETA will be genuine either, so you might want to check that/do it again on the official website (link above, on the sticky threads).

Edit: hang on........I thought you had your PR? So you’re not eligible for an ETA anyway??
The PR says for first entry you need eTA, am I wrong?!
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 6:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The PR says for first entry you need eTA, am I wrong?!
Have you actually got PR as you state in other threads? i.e. you’ve landed and activated it?

Or you’ve still got to travel to Canada to get PR?

Depends which of those it is.

I found the website btw - edited my post above. Definitely not a scam when they’ve clearly told you you’re paying $59 for something you can get elsewhere for $7! So I’m going to edit your thread title, we don’t want scary lawyers coming after us.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 3rd 2018 at 6:33 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: ETA third party site

Have you actually got PR as you state in other threads? i.e. you’ve landed and activated it?

Or you’ve still got to travel to Canada to get PR?

Depends which of those it is.

I found the website btw - edited my post above. Definitely not a scam when they’ve clearly told you you’re paying $59 for something you can get elsewhere for $7! So I’m going to edit your thread title, we don’t want scary lawyers coming after us.
Not as part of the payment process
you proceed with the payment without any fees info
I clicked next expecting any info about the fee i am going to be charged, but there was non

it is pure scam.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 7:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Not as part of the payment process
you proceed with the payment without any fees info
I clicked next expecting any info about the fee i am going to be charged, but there was non

it is pure scam.
A scam would mean they'd fraudulently tried to take money from you. On the first page of their website they say the following:

"www.canadian-touring.com is intended to help individuals and legal entities in their administrative travel paperwork to enter Canada. This website is not affiliated with the Canadian Government. Our help and assistance are offered at a price of $59 and cover the costs to the immigration service which is $7. You can get your request on the website of the Canadian Embassy, but in this case you will not receive the following benefits: [blah, blah, blah]"

They're very clear about it and don't claim to be anything to do with CIC. They're also not using the CIC logo as you've claimed, not sure where you saw that? But it's not on their website.

So sorry you were taken in, but it's not a scam when they clearly state that all they're doing is charging extra for a service. They're no different to immi consultants, who charge over and above the standard Canadian government fees for something that people can do themselves.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 3rd 2018 at 10:35 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 8:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

If you had read the website you would have seen that they charge $59 for their fee. It's not the site's fault you didn't scroll down.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

they hide the fees they charge
when you entre your CC info, you expect fees to show
what you get is this

there is no sign to the fees

but when you end the process and check your bank account and find that you got scammed

go back to the website and find a thin line in the scroll down where it is not visible in a font looks like the privacy desclaimer

if it is something real why would they hide the fees?!!!
just to SCAM you and take your money
imagine family with 5 or 6 people did this, they will end with more than $350 for what worth $40

if you provide a service (especially represent government) you show be clear.

i wonder how does the canadian government allows this BS??

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 3rd 2018 at 12:37 pm. Reason: Photo removed as it appeared to contain your personal details.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 12:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

OK, so before you go to the payment page, you ticked a box to say you'd read their T's and C's, correct? They say the following -

"www.canadian-touring.com is proud to offer a highly-professional service for eTA applications with a transparent service fee of $52 for the services provided, in addition to the fee of $7 charged by the Government."

Sorry, but we'll have to agree to disagree as I don't think they've hidden anything. It's on their homepage, on the payment page you provided a screenshot of (which I removed as it appeared to contain your real name), and in the T's and C's that you said you'd read.

They get away with it because lots of people do the same thing and don't read a full website properly. I know from my own business, nobody EVER reads the T's and C's, despite also ticking a box to say they have done. Ditto the Site Rules of BE that people tick a box to say they've read and agreed to when signing up!

But that's hardly a 'scam'. As I said above, they're just doing what all immi consultants do and charging for a service that you can easily do yourself. Ditto estate agents, car salesmen, etc, etc.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 3rd 2018 at 12:46 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 12:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Why on earth would you go to a 3rd party website when RCIC tell you where to apply as does our sticky at the top of this forum!! If you didn't want to do due diligence then it's on you if you ended up paying more than the required $7. It was your choice. I've looked at the website as well and they make it quite clear of the fee they will charge on top of the $7 charge for the eTA. No scam.. a rip off yes, but not a scam. They don't have the Canadian Govt. "logo" (which is the Canadian Flag!) they are just showing the Canadian flag in a red outlined circle. Hardly pretending to be official!

On their website, front page it clearly states:
(company name) is intended to help individuals and legal entities in their administrative travel paperwork to enter Canada. This website is not affiliated with the Canadian Government. Our help and assistance are offered at a price of $59 and cover the costs to the immigration service which is $7. You can get your request on the website of the Canadian Embassy, but in this case you will not receive the following benefits:

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 3rd 2018 at 12:52 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Why on earth would you go to a 3rd party website when RCIC tell you where to apply as does our sticky at the top of this forum!!

eTA: Official application site
coz when you google eTA canada thats the link that you get !!
their website has canada eTA logo and there is no clear payment of fees at the end of the process..
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 12:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

coz when you google eTA canada thats the link that you get !!
their website has canada eTA logo and there is no clear payment of fees at the end of the process..
It just has a Canadian flag as the logo! That's not exclusive to CIC. And the page you posted a screenshot of did have the fees on it.

When I Google, the Canadian Touring site comes up but only as a paid ad, so it's pretty clear that's not a government site. The real website comes up first right under the paid for adverts.

I'm sorry you feel you were conned, but I really don't think you can blame them for you not reading the site properly.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 3rd 2018 at 12:51 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

It just has a Canadian flag as the logo! That's not exclusive to CIC. And the page you posted a screenshot of did have the fees on it.

When I Google, the Canadian Touring site comes up but only as a paid ad, so it's pretty clear that's not a government site. The real website comes up first right under the paid for adverts.

I'm sorry you feel you were conned, but I really don't think you can blame them for you not reading the site properly.
It is good business idea
hide the fees and charge people $300 for no service you provide.
and make sure to write that in the 18 pages terms and conditions they have to tick..
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 1:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It is good business idea
hide the fees and charge people $300 for no service you provide.
and make sure to write that in the 18 pages terms and conditions they have to tick..
The fee isn't hidden, its stated quite clearly, $59 including the $7 fot the eTA.
Who charged you $300?
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

I should have been more careful
But the site is based on con and scam
The fees is there but in very small Font and down at the end of the page

If they provide any genuine service they would make the fees clear on top..

The way they run their business is based on people not knowing his much they pay..

I called Canadian immigration scam complaint and they started a scam case.

I will call SSL certificate provider to complain.

Maybe it's too late for me i lost what i paid..
But i feel sorry for big families who fall for these garbage websites..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.