Ending Canadian PR Status

Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ending Canadian PR Status

Hey applicant whatever, Andrew answered your initial mail right on spot without being offensive or rude and you pulled on the whole barrage of insults and obscenities (juding by this you must be a brother of mj23).

Andrew is a well-respected member of this forum and helped countless individuals with their problems. You are no one, little man, and your low-life status is clearly demonstrated by your swearing and bad English.

Originally Posted by Applicant
There you go - Cheers to Canadian04!

Right on baby - yeah right the Canadian govt - did not know abt the safety net! Send loads of Canadians to US on Nafta- TN1 visa for loads of more money and salaries than they would have got back in Canada anyway! Talking Big and righteousness and who the F*** decides what's right or wrong - what one does, if I am not rocking up your ass!

So yeah, calm down - and hold your leech! Otherwise piss off - don't give a what you know......
Old Jun 28th 2005, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough

There you go - Cheers to Canadian04!

Right on baby - yeah right the Canadian govt - did not know abt the safety net! Send loads of Canadians to US on Nafta- TN1 visa for loads of more money and salaries than they would have got back in Canada anyway! Talking Big and righteousness and who the F*** decides what's right or wrong - what one does, if I am not rocking up your ass!

So yeah, calm down - and hold your leech! Otherwise piss off - don't give a what you know......
WOW!! Only got a GC and started talking like true arrogant American!!

Well done baby.. you paid for service you got, and it is stupid on your part to ask for refund..
Old Jun 28th 2005, 3:48 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road

Amen, brother...
I would trade my US citizenship with Canada Permanent resident status ANYDAY [If I could] to whoever wants refund on his/her Canada Permanent resident status.
Speaking from experience, the grass is greener north of 49 Parallel after 09/11/2001 AD.

Originally Posted by Azam Ali
WOW!! Only got a GC and started talking like true arrogant American!!
Well done baby.. you paid for service you got, and it is stupid on your part to ask for refund..
Old Jun 28th 2005, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

anona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

I became a Canadian PR 2 years back and have been working in the US. Last week got my US permanent residency and the US green card.

My question is what's the procedure to formally end my Canadian PR status and send back my Canadian PR card. All my family - parents and siblings are US citizens and residents, and I choose to live in the US and do away with my Canadian residency. Also, is there a provision to get my landing few and application fee back from Canada.

Also, I am planning a family trip to Montreal and Quebec city for 4 th July holiday, what do I show entering Canada - my US green card or Canadian PR card, I just want a smooth process, no complications and just keep my US residency.

Thanks very much.
Applicant.
About fees, check out this CIC website, this will answer your questions about application and landing fees' refund. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/before-2.html

I just don't know what you've been through in Canada but please, don't bad-mouthed or say anything nasty because in one way or another, Canada has contributed something to what you are right now. Surely, the experiences and patience that you've had during your PR application process had contributed or made you "what-you-are" today. Right or wrong, I am entitled to my own opinion so don't take it against me.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

ChicagoJer is an unknown quantity at this point

Applicant,

Why did you ever apply for Canadian permanent residency if you never intended to use it??? I can understand that family emergencies sometimes arise that may prevent you from physically moving to Canada- i.e. your mother and/or father became ill and needed extended care, etc- but that is clearly not the case here.

Also, why have you insulted Canada in your posts ? Even if you found a higher paying job in the States, is money the ultimate source of happiness in life ?
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:47 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough

Why the hell are people criticising Applicant just cos he/ she wants to move to the US from Canada and give up his/her Canadian PR. It's his/her own life and he/she has every right to go live wherever he/she chooses to live. Why do people have a problem with that? Just not fair!
Maybe applicant wants to settle there for better career prospects or family reasons, so what's wrong with that? It's his/her life after all! All of you are also planning to move to Canada leaving your country of origin for the very same reasons(greener pastures, better life, relatives etc) how would you feel if you were criticised for it? Not doing anything illegal.
I don't support anyone bad mouthing any of the above mentioned countries but if you cannot offer him/her useful advice then refrain from making irresponsible comments about someone's personal life and also prompting others to do the same.
(just my opinion-not to be taken personally)

Last edited by GOBLIN; Jun 29th 2005 at 6:57 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:57 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You obviously didn't read the original post. Read it again please.

Originally Posted by GOBLIN
Why the hell are people criticising Applicant just cos he/ she wants to move to the US from Canada and give up his/her Canadian PR. It's his/her own life and he/she has every right to go live wherever he/she chooses to live. Why do people have a problem with that? Just not fair!
Maybe applicant wants to settle there for better career prospects or family reasons, so what's wrong with that? It's his/her life after all! All of you are also planning to move to Canada leaving your country of origin for the very same reasons(greener pastures, better life, relatives etc) how would you feel if you were criticised for it? Not doing anything illegal.
If you cannot offer him/her useful advice then refrain from making irresponsible comments about someone's personal life and also prompting others to do the same.
(just my opinion-not to be taken personally)
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:09 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Applicant
Don't expect CiC to return your fees though. The fees were paid for processing the application and granting the PR. Not fair to expect a refund.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:15 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You obviously didn't read the original post. Read it again please.
I already have Andrew.
Also there's nothing really that can be done about the 'safety net' applicants. It's sort of a trend amongst the US h1-b holders and others to also use the Canadian PR as back up incase the Green Cards don't materialise. Maybe CIC should have some provisions to discourage the practice if it has a negative effect.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

khvganesh is on a distinguished road

The fact that you chose to reply to the OP's question despite that people have already answered, that tells that everyone has a right to answer in their own style as long as they do not use foul language, of course as the OP did in his replies.
Now coming to your style of tackling a problem. We know that the 'safety net' applicants do not really intend to live in Canada. Then why do they apply?? Why do you think there is nothing really that can be done about it. Why do you say that the system/CIC should solve it on its own? How can you expect that when we know that systems can not automatically solve the problems. Solutions to problems however big they are, start with people, people like you and me. So start opposing it as most the respondents to OP did. Remember, either you can be part of the problem (here, using the safety net) or part of the solution. I proudly want to be part of the solution whether it benefits me or not.

Originally Posted by GOBLIN
I already have Andrew.
Also there's nothing really that can be done about the 'safety net' applicants. It's sort of a trend amongst the US h1-b holders and others to also use the Canadian PR as back up incase the Green Cards don't materialise. Maybe CIC should have some provisions to discourage the practice if it has a negative effect.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Ashok is an unknown quantity at this point

What about persons working more than 183 days offshore ( Such as Offshore oil fields/Platform outside Canada) , receiving Salary from companies outside Canada such as SHELL or Exxon Mobil

ashok

If PR is not a resident for tax purposes (at least 183 days a year in Canada, etc) and doesn't earn any income in Canada then there are no taxes to be paid here at all.

The other than "safety net" reasons many who are in US on H1 or already with GC are applying for Canadian PR without intention to move here is fact that they won't be able to sponsor their spouses or parents to US easy for many years, if at all. I'm getting tons of emails (at least 2 a day, every day for past several years, so I know how widespread it is) from Canadian PR who live in US who want to find the way how to do it without really moving to Canada. And if you check other posts of the original poster you'll find that he already asked question here how to sponsor wife for Canadian PR if he lives in US and never worked in Canada. Once he realized that it is impossible and found out that all his Canadian PR application effort was for "nothing" he wants his money back.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 3:12 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You can start your own thread when asking question out of topic of the existing thread.

See here:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tax/nonresi...sidency-e.html

Originally Posted by Ashok
What about persons working more than 183 days offshore ( Such as Offshore oil fields/Platform outside Canada) , receiving Salary from companies outside Canada such as SHELL or Exxon Mobil

ashok
Old Jun 30th 2005, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the link and suggetion

ashok

You can start your own thread when asking question out of topic of the existing thread.

See here:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tax/nonresi...sidency-e.html
Old Jun 30th 2005, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

In case CIC is following a Quota system , I dont think such applicants delay genuine applicants.

Just as Airlines make overbooking (assuming some no shows), CIC should also clear more PR's especially from Bufallo , assuming some will be staying back as soon as they get GC.

Mr Andrew I can show you , your own comments , wherein you have said it is quota system AND it is not a question of shortage of staff in the VISA post.

It looks Canada is facing another sort of Dilemma. Each year they loose well educated , Canada trained / Canadian experienced young talent to US, in return they try to get Engineers / Doctors / Pilots from other countries lacking Canada experience. If it goes on, than Canada is working as a SIEVE for US. This will affect Canadian Economy as well as Global competitiveness in the long run.

Selling Energy ( Oil & Hydro to US ) thus having a strong CDN$ is not a long term solution / vision.

Are you kidding about fees? You paid for application that has been processed and approved, you paid the landing fee and you used your PR visas. There is nothing to be refunded.

And get ready for some not so nice comments from those who want to make Canada their home and must endure longer processing times thanks to people like you who only used Canada as safety net, just in case their GC will not come.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough

It's a bit off-topic but the fact is that both Canada and the US are producing too few quality graduates for their needs and both countries need to import brains from other countries. Even if some Canadians move to the US, the dent is pretty small I would say. As for the Canadian experience, that is a real problem - I would say some of the causes are higher market regulation and higher influence of the unions in Canada than in the US. Again, it's the trade-off thing.

Originally Posted by Ashok
It looks Canada is facing another sort of Dilemma. Each year they loose well educated , Canada trained / Canadian experienced young talent to US, in return they try to get Engineers / Doctors / Pilots from other countries lacking Canada experience. If it goes on, than Canada is working as a SIEVE for US. This will affect Canadian Economy as well as Global competitiveness in the long run.

Selling Energy ( Oil & Hydro to US ) thus having a strong CDN$ is not a long term solution / vision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.