Wikiposts

Ending Canadian PR Status

Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:00 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ending Canadian PR Status

Originally Posted by khvganesh
The fact that you chose to reply to the OP's question despite that people have already answered, that tells that everyone has a right to answer in their own style as long as they do not use foul language, of course as the OP did in his replies.
Now coming to your style of tackling a problem. We know that the 'safety net' applicants do not really intend to live in Canada. Then why do they apply?? Why do you think there is nothing really that can be done about it. Why do you say that the system/CIC should solve it on its own? How can you expect that when we know that systems can not automatically solve the problems. Solutions to problems however big they are, start with people, people like you and me. So start opposing it as most the respondents to OP did. Remember, either you can be part of the problem (here, using the safety net) or part of the solution. I proudly want to be part of the solution whether it benefits me or not.
Ganesh
My point is:
Every one of us has a right to make decisions about our immigration applications/status as long as it is nothing illegal, even though some people may not look at the decision favourably. Everybody has a different opinion but we cannot tell people what they should do with their lives.
In my opinion the Op did nothing wrong(I am only talking about him/her choosing the US over Canada, i don't support his use of profanity or criticism of any country) but according to you and some other people it is something not very favourable.
If safety net applications are really a problem then the only realistic solution is for the CIC to do something(regulations etc) to discourage further Safety Net Applications.
You have every right to voice your opposition and you can do it all you want but I'm afraid it won't deter even one safety net applicant. The only realistic solution to the problem(if at all it is a problem) would be a regulation by the CIC .
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Ashok is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Goblin,
There is nothing wrong if Applicant goes for Canadian PR ship and later on drops the idea of following it.

If CIC has the right to do things they consider good for Canada, than APPLICANT has the right to do what he thinks correct for his life/future.

Moreover , CIC is taking 4 to 5 % more immigrant than its annual Target.
It seems they are aware of such sllipages.

Also it takes around 2.5 years for a Buffalo applicant to be through with whole process unlike 5 years in Delhi or Beijing. It seems some of you want it to be further reduced at Bufallo.

Originally Posted by GOBLIN
Ganesh
My point is:
Every one of us has a right to make decisions about our immigration applications/status as long as it is nothing illegal, even though some people may not look at the decision favourably. Everybody has a different opinion but we cannot tell people what they should do with their lives.
In my opinion the Op did nothing wrong(I am only talking about him/her choosing the US over Canada, i don't support his use of profanity or criticism of any country) but according to you and some other people it is something not very favourable.
If safety net applications are really a problem then the only realistic solution is for the CIC to do something(regulations etc) to discourage further Safety Net Applications.
You have every right to voice your opposition and you can do it all you want but I'm afraid it won't deter even one safety net applicant. The only realistic solution to the problem(if at all it is a problem) would be a regulation by the CIC .
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

ChicagoJer is an unknown quantity at this point

Many of us- myself included- would like waiting times to be reduced at Buffalo. Waiting times are increased by applicants like the original poster, who never was serious about permanent residency in Canada. The reason he was *never* serious about moving to Canada is the fact that he had a US green card application pending simoultaneously.

I think there is a difference between applicants who apply for PR, but extraordinary circumstances prevent them from moving, and applicants who just use PR as a 'backup' and never intend to move to Canada. Clearly, the original poster was in the latter category.

Originally Posted by Ashok
I agree with Goblin,
There is nothing wrong if Applicant goes for Canadian PR ship and later on drops the idea of following it.

If CIC has the right to do things they consider good for Canada, than APPLICANT has the right to do what he thinks correct for his life/future.

Moreover , CIC is taking 4 to 5 % more immigrant than its annual Target.
It seems they are aware of such sllipages.

Also it takes around 2.5 years for a Buffalo applicant to be through with whole process unlike 5 years in Delhi or Beijing. It seems some of you want it to be further reduced at Bufallo.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

zider is an unknown quantity at this point

He's a $%#@er but lets see if he is so happy when the draft starts and he or his sons are packed off to fight in Iraq or the next place King George decides to invade
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Please look into following :

India >> Number 2 Immigrant Contributer has one Processing office handling PR applications as well as interviews .

In US , CIC has one office for processing but perhaps 5 offices for interview.

Each year Number of Immigrants from India are around 3.5 Times of those from US. Applications from India are vigrously checked as CIC believes applicants misrepresent and make bogous claims. This adds to processing time.

By this logic Buffalo processing time should be 1 year. If it is not than CIC is responsible for the Delay and not Applicant.

If you apply for a University admission you will send your application to number of Universities , If APPLICANT goes for 2 countries , he/she is doing the same thing. Both actions are Legally fine.

Canadian immigration has facts and figures >> How many apply , how many approved and how many come to Canada every year. If say 50% of US applicants are not coming , than CIC can simply double its Intake from Bufallo.

I Totally disagree that such applications will delay others.

If CIC follows Quota system than all they have to do is revise the quota at Buffalo to take care of of such "safety net" Cases. I am sure they can process revised Quota without increaseing waiting period.

I am genuinely interested to know why 2.5 years is a long period for you or many others.

Originally Posted by ChicagoJer
Many of us- myself included- would like waiting times to be reduced at Buffalo. Waiting times are increased by applicants like the original poster, who never was serious about permanent residency in Canada. The reason he was *never* serious about moving to Canada is the fact that he had a US green card application pending simoultaneously.

I think there is a difference between applicants who apply for PR, but extraordinary circumstances prevent them from moving, and applicants who just use PR as a 'backup' and never intend to move to Canada. Clearly, the original poster was in the latter category.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

India >> Number 2 Immigrant Contributer has one Processing office handling PR applications as well as interviews .

Each year Number of Immigrants from India are around 3.5 Times of those from US. Applications from India are vigrously checked as CIC believes applicants misrepresent and make bogous claims. This adds to processing time.

By this logic Buffalo processing time should be 1 year. If it is not than CIC is responsible for the Delay and not Applicant.

If you apply for a University admission you will send your application to number of Universities , If APPLICANT goes for 2 countries , he/she is doing the same thing. Both actions are Legally fine.

Canadian immigration has facts and figures >> How many apply , how many approved and how many come to Canada every year. If say 50% of US applicants are not coming , than CIC can simply double its Intake from Bufallo.

If CIC follows Quota system than all they have to do is revise the quota at Buffalo to take care of of such "safety net" Cases. I am sure they can process revised Quota without increaseing waiting period.

I am genuinely interested to know why 2.5 years is a long period for you or many others.

...so you're 3rd in line at the bus stop, the bus comes, but there are only two seats, you've been delayed by the people in front. Of course the original poster has delayed other people, his application was processed, using valuable resources which could have been used for the next person in line who intends to actually go to Canada.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Menino is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not quite sure I agree with your logic.
First of all, how many applicants, of all the applicants who apply to Buffalo do you think are US citizens or even residents?
I would not guess that a very large number. It seems that the majority of people who go through Buffalo are either spouses of Canadians or other nationals living in the USA.
Since these nationals most likely have foreign credentials, don't you think that it would put even a greater strain on the resources of the 4 Immigration agents working at Buffalo? Now, instead of verifying a diploma or a transcript, or work experience, or anything else, from the US where they are stationed, now they have to look half way around the world to India (from your example, I am using India).
I have read many stories and articles about false documents being used by Indian nationals to apply for Permanent Residency in Canada. I can not say if it's true or not, I'm only saying that is what I read.
So, if you think that someone from India who applies in the USA is not causing backlog, I have to disagree with you.
It's true that the applicant did not do anything illegal by any means, but at the same time, the applicant did cause backlog, and I'd say extra backlog as his file had to be verified from India, not the USA where he applied.

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 10:49 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps he would have become serious about Canada if his US GC application had been refused for some reason (eg if he lost his job).

In a free society there is little one can do to stop someone making a 'safety net' application, but it is possible to manage the process, for example making an allowance in planning targets for the fact that a certain % of people granted visas (especially through Buffalo) may not use them.

The 'resources' issue is a distraction. Of course the process should be resourced sufficiently, and if that meant doubling or tripling the application fees (or more) then it could easily be done. Higher application fees might also deter some 'safety net' applicants.

Jeremy
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:11 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeremy,

There is no "resources" issue at all. There is not a single visa post that is not reaching it's annual targets by November each year. So, all visa posts are staffed and have sufficient resources to meet and even exceed their annual targets.

As for not dealing properly with "safety net" applicants as it was done before IRPA when people landing from US where asked to withdraw their pending GC application - it is current mindset among politicians who falsely hope that sooner or later those "safety net" applicants will move to Canada anyway as large number of GC applicants are never actually granted a GC. It would be justified mindset if we would be living in more idealistic world with all obiding the law, but unfortunately it is not the case. In real life those "safety net" applicants who won't get their GC make one of 2 choices - (1) remain illegally in US (majority) or (2) move to Canada for just 1 year until they are again eligible for H1. Some of those who make choice (2) may remain in Canada until they are eligible (or at least they claim they are) to apply for citizenship and then move to US anyway (as many posts here about going to US after applying for citizenship prove). And of course they will try to keep lying about their residence in Canada in order to sponsor family members.

So, politicians are dead wrong here in their assumption and nothing will change until public learns the facts as they are and forces politicians to make changes. In the meantime those who apply through Buffalo with pure intention of making Canada their only home pay the processing time price.

Originally Posted by JAJ
Perhaps he would have become serious about Canada if his US GC application had been refused for some reason (eg if he lost his job).

In a free society there is little one can do to stop someone making a 'safety net' application, but it is possible to manage the process, for example making an allowance in planning targets for the fact that a certain % of people granted visas (especially through Buffalo) may not use them.

The 'resources' issue is a distraction. Of course the process should be resourced sufficiently, and if that meant doubling or tripling the application fees (or more) then it could easily be done. Higher application fees might also deter some 'safety net' applicants.

Jeremy
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Something you missed.

Look into whole thread, this Guy ( APPLICANT) Got his Graduation & Masters from US , Nowhere he has indicated to be from India.So it is Easy for CIC to check on such applicants.

Next mail from Andrew reconfirms my contention, that CIC has all the time in the world to process more applications as they are working on a allotted Quota system which they finish much before year end.

BTW practically all H1 Visa holders (from India ) are top of the line young graduates post graduates from India or abroad, most of them are working for India based companies of Multinationals, they are hand picked by Companies having office in US after good screening in India. These companies can be Indian as well as any other multinational having presence in US as well as good standing at WALL STREET. If CIC is wasting its time chasing credentials of such fine chaps than it is CIC problem.

Once again I ask HOW MANY US CITIZENS , with TECHNICAL EDUCATION APPLY FOR CANADIAN CITIZEN SHIP EVERY YEAR AND FEEL THAT THEY ARE DELAYED BY PEOPLE SUCH AS APPLICANT.

IN case CIC is spending more money than application fee , while chasing credentials of applicants than it can raise application fee , no one is asking for free lunch.

If US or Canada has the right to accept or reject an application than applicant also has the right. Why do you want him to keep waiting and than perhaps realise that CIC has changed ground rules and you are rejected.

Originally Posted by Menino
I'm not quite sure I agree with your logic.
First of all, how many applicants, of all the applicants who apply to Buffalo do you think are US citizens or even residents?
I would not guess that a very large number. It seems that the majority of people who go through Buffalo are either spouses of Canadians or other nationals living in the USA.
Since these nationals most likely have foreign credentials, don't you think that it would put even a greater strain on the resources of the 4 Immigration agents working at Buffalo? Now, instead of verifying a diploma or a transcript, or work experience, or anything else, from the US where they are stationed, now they have to look half way around the world to India (from your example, I am using India).
I have read many stories and articles about false documents being used by Indian nationals to apply for Permanent Residency in Canada. I can not say if it's true or not, I'm only saying that is what I read.
So, if you think that someone from India who applies in the USA is not causing backlog, I have to disagree with you.
It's true that the applicant did not do anything illegal by any means, but at the same time, the applicant did cause backlog, and I'd say extra backlog as his file had to be verified from India, not the USA where he applied.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 1:01 am
Expert

themask is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Ending Canadian PR Status

Agreed, that Mr. Applicant has the right to do whatever he wants but he does not have the right to ridicule either Canada or CIC, precisely what he did by asking refund for the application and ROPR fees. How did he have the nerve to even ask such a thing? Is the so called "top of the line young graduate" so stupid that he didn't realize how absurd his question was? It is the defiance of this "fine chap" that infuriated so many and made the situation hostile. Even a 4 year old can figure out that he is not going to have his money back for a sucked lollipop. Even if it is his right to keep or loose any country's PR, he doesn't have the right to belittle it. That's the whole point.

No offense intended please.

-tm

Something you missed.

Look into whole thread, this Guy ( APPLICANT) Got his Graduation & Masters from US , Nowhere he has indicated to be from India.So it is Easy for CIC to check on such applicants.

Next mail from Andrew reconfirms my contention, that CIC has all the time in the world to process more applications as they are working on a allotted Quota system which they finish much before year end.

BTW practically all H1 Visa holders (from India ) are top of the line young graduates post graduates from India or abroad, most of them are working for India based companies of Multinationals, they are hand picked by Companies having office in US after good screening in India. These companies can be Indian as well as any other multinational having presence in US as well as good standing at WALL STREET. If CIC is wasting its time chasing credentials of such fine chaps than it is CIC problem.

Once again I ask HOW MANY US CITIZENS , with TECHNICAL EDUCATION APPLY FOR CANADIAN CITIZEN SHIP EVERY YEAR AND FEEL THAT THEY ARE DELAYED BY PEOPLE SUCH AS APPLICANT.

IN case CIC is spending more money than application fee , while chasing credentials of applicants than it can raise application fee , no one is asking for free lunch.

If US or Canada has the right to accept or reject an application than applicant also has the right. Why do you want him to keep waiting and than perhaps realise that CIC has changed ground rules and you are rejected.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

khvganesh is on a distinguished road

Totally agree with you.
More over,there are two points raised by another poster.
One, no one is asking for free lunch and CIC can increase the fee. But the poster here forgot that the OP was asking for a refund, what do you call it if not free lunch or worse.

Second, the poster genuinely wants to know how come 2.5 years of wait is a long wait, makes no sense because, 2.5 years of wait is a long long wait for anyone either applying in Delhi or Buffalo in spite the fact that Delhi/Beijing applicants wait longer.
Just because, applicants in a different country wait longer than 2.5 years (why and how it can be changed is not relevant to this point), the 2.5 years of wait in Buffalo would not become something small or easily tolerable. Of course no offence is intended.

Originally Posted by themask
Agreed, that Mr. Applicant has the right to do whatever he
wants but he does not have the right to ridicule either Canada or CIC, precisely what he did by asking refund for the application and ROPR fees. How did he have the nerve to even ask such a thing? Is the so called "top of the line young graduate" so stupid that he didn't realize how absurd his question was? It is the defiance of this "fine chap" that infuriated so many and made the situation hostile. Even a 4 year old can figure out that he is not going to have his money back for a sucked lollipop. Even if it is his right to keep or loose any country's PR, he doesn't have the right to belittle it. That's the whole point.

No offense intended please.

-tm

Last edited by khvganesh; Jul 4th 2005 at 3:04 am.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

ChicagoJer is an unknown quantity at this point

Something you missed.

I am a US-born (non-naturalized) US citizen, with a liberal arts undergraduate degree and a master's degree in IT and public management, and I feel that my application was delayed because of individuals like the original poster.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 5:12 am
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: Ending Canadian PR Status

The same feeling (except a naturalized US citizen).

I am a US-born (non-naturalized) US citizen, with a liberal arts undergraduate degree and a master's degree in IT and public management, and I feel that my application was delayed because of individuals like the original poster.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 5:21 am
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road

The strange part:
I was totally plastered last Friday in Winnipeg.
Now, I am totally sober on the Fourth of July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.