Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

DO BRITISH CITIZEN REALLY NEED PR TO STAY IN CANADA

DO BRITISH CITIZEN REALLY NEED PR TO STAY IN CANADA

Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DO BRITISH CITIZEN REALLY NEED PR TO STAY IN CANADA

How on earth are they going to work, you need a SIN number to work anywhere, unless they're working remotely and paying UK taxes or something like that.

Perhaps they were able to avoid the checks when enrolling, it's possible the school just assumed that they weren't illegals.

Funny they're in Surrey though, makes me feel like I should go have a word with them :P They sound like the kind of people who's next step would be to apply for refugee status, some people always look for the easy/lazy route.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:36 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
How on earth are they going to work, you need a SIN number to work anywhere, unless they're working remotely and paying UK taxes or something like that.

Perhaps they were able to avoid the checks when enrolling, it's possible the school just assumed that they weren't illegals.

Funny they're in Surrey though, makes me feel like I should go have a word with them :P They sound like the kind of people who's next step would be to apply for refugee status, some people always look for the easy/lazy route.
I don't see how. I had to provide that info when I enrolled my daughter at school there was no 'assuming' anything, but anything is possible I suppose. I think I used her Canadian passport as proof.

I know Bells needed study permits for her kids when they were on TWP but that was Vancouver school board. And at least they had the right to be here!
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:02 pm

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Ok you can all thank me later.

I just called Surrey school board and asked them, as I was on a 6 month's visitor visa, if I could enroll my 6 year old in school.

The answer is yes, but I have to pay fees. $12K a year.

It's only free if I have some kind of work permit.

There. from the horse's mouth.

You're welcome. (and yes I have nothing better to do).
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

trevorandjo york is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps they are in the final throws of PR, know they will get PR in the next 6 months and can afford to stay for 6 months or more without working....Now they can get themselves sorted with licences, registration, education, accomodation, work and so on. Sounds like a great plan.

Moreover, you often say, visit and give it a proper look and decide if Canada is what you want., best way to find out if the schooling is good, put the kids in there.

ANYWAY, WHO REALLY CARES! LET THEM LIVE THEIR LIFE!
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:10 pm

If you don't care, then why are you posting?
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
If you don't care, then why are you posting?
Massive country, tiny minds. Leave people in peace. Their lives...
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york
Massive country, tiny minds. Leave people in peace. Their lives...
Oh, here we go, the sanctimonious rant of the day.

Whatever. I'm bored and sick at home, and I'm on BE. And again, if you're sooo much less tiny minded and less interested than the rest of us, why are you here? And what exactly is wrong with talking about this? It's human nature to be interested in the ways people deal with immigration...especially on an immigration forum.

And another question...how is any of us talking about this effecting these people?

So, and?

Last edited by ExKiwilass; Oct 7th 2011 at 7:18 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
Oh, here we go, the sanctimonious rant of the day.

Whatever. I'm bored and sick at home, and I'm on BE. And again, if you're sooo much less tiny minded and less interested than the rest of us, why are you here? And what exactly is wrong with talking about this? It's human nature to be interested in the ways people deal with immigration...especially on an immigration forum.

So, and?
What about the lady you see going to school with her kids, she doesn't work, she has a new car, wonder how she paid for it, growing dope? selling her body through the night, will you please get a grip. It is not your life. Leave them alone.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:20 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

If the OP thinks they are acting illegally, she should call Border Service and report them.
Account Closed

What do people say about you?

What about the lady you see going to school with her kids, she doesn't work, she has a new car, wonder how she paid for it, growing dope? selling her body through the night, will you please get a grip. It is not your life. Leave them alone.
And again, why are you here? Based on your posts, you seem to be here because you enjoy self-righteously telling other people 'off', while implying you are superior because you don't pay any attention to what other people do, while at the same time spending time posting on a thread monitoring what other people are doing and telling them they should stop doing it. Hypocrite, much.

Last edited by ExKiwilass; Oct 7th 2011 at 7:22 pm.

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
If the OP thinks they are acting illegally, she should call Border Service and report them.
word.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Do that then.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:21 pm

What do people say about you?
I don't care.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:22 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Do that then.
I am not the OP and don't know the full facts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.