Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Criminal Rehab 'info only' London timeline

Criminal Rehab 'info only' London timeline

Old Nov 17th 2011, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Fitzyafcb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Criminal Rehab 'info only' London timeline

that's right 5 years for non custodial offences. my offences were deemed spent 2 years ago so I hope I will be 'deemed rehabilitated'

I still think no acknowledgement or update since I sent my app in April is very poor
Old Nov 17th 2011, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonsie25
what email address have you used?
[email protected]

also done a few case specific enquiries
Old Nov 17th 2011, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

Hmm I sent a for info only request last week.

Looks like they will be processing my full sponsorship app before I hear anything back.

Ahh well. I pretty convinced of deemed rehab. Just wanted more peace of mind before they get the spousal app in the new year.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

I'm convinced too but didnt want to take the risk booking flights for a family of 4 just to be turned round at the airport and have to pay for expensive flights back.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency with the process. You may get dealt with quicker than me as mine was for a military offence and for a police caution.

Some people have heard back within weeks and some have taken years. I just hope that I'm not one of the ones who waits a year only to be told they have not received an application and have to start again.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Just to let you all know that I received an email from London today

It basically says that they have sent a letter out and to please wait for that before making any further enquiries

They must have got sick of my nagging!

Fingers crossed!
Old Dec 1st 2011, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Well here we go again!

They told me in an email that they sent a letter on the 17th Novemeber. This letter has still not arrived. I emailed on monday to say that I have not received this letter. I have not had a reply yet, so I am back to the waiting game again.

Why do I feel like I'm being messed around and lied to!

Last edited by Fitzyafcb; Dec 1st 2011 at 2:25 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's frustrating but if they say that a letter has been sent you will receive it soon. My son's letter was dated 2 weeks prior to him receiving it, so you should get it in the next week.

Good luck!

Poppit
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Moondoggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont understand why they can't email you also a copy of the letter.

They emailed me my confirmation of work permit letter...
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

They replied to me today asking whether I had received it yet. I replied saying no not yet. It all seems too unprofessional. Oh well hopefully getting closer.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Angry Re: Criminal Rehab 'info only' London timeline

The only thing worse than not receiving a response is receiving a response which turns out to be a lie and then they just ignore you.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fitzyafcb
Well this is what is worrying me. Have they actually received it? And are they actually processing it?

They won't speak to you face to face.
They won't reply to emails web form or via direct email.
They won't speak to you over the phone.
And they won't send any correspondance via the mail system.

I am a long way off a year but I'm not after full rehabilitation, just to see if I am deemed to be rehabilitated or not.

Very frustrating.

Do I email every week? or will this just make them want to ignore me forever?

Can someone please advise me
thanks
Im sort of entering the game at a late stage here so bear with me.
You state you are not after full rehabilitation but seeing if you are deemed rehabilitated?
Im assuming you have read over the Relief Provisions contained in section 13
specifically 13.3 Criminal rehabilitation in ENF 2 as follows
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../enf02-eng.pdf
You mention offences in previous posts and without knowing what the offences were and if convicted or not and if indeed they can be equated to any Act of Parliament i.e Criminal Code of Canada etc its hard to give you a straight answer.
A lot of offences are hybrid offences in Canada and can be dealt with either by summary or indictable. Where an offence is hybrid we always go with the indictable portion for sentencing purposes.
If only one indictable offence and 10 years has elapsed and the sentence was completed in full then you will be deemed to be rehabilitated.
If 2 or more indictable offences then you will NEVER be deemed to be rehabilitated but will have to apply for a Waiver of Rehabilitation through a Canadian consulate i.e. London in your case.
Officers at a POE can deem you rehabilitated if you meet the requirements.
Applications for a waiver not involving offences equated under Section 36(1) offences can also be made at a POE but you must have all your documents as per the checklist in the application for a waiver application.
POEs will usually not process applications made after normal office hours as these have to be approved by a Chief or above. All 36(1) applications have to be made through a Consulate.
Yes you could risk it by applying for a Temporary Resident Permit at a POE but there is no guarantee it will be issued.
Frustrating Yes but unfortunately thats the way the system is.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have applied for deemed rehabilitation on the advice of people on this forum.

I received a conviction in the military for damage to property in 2003. Broke a window playing football when drunk and charged 10 months later.

In 2006 I was cautioned for criminal damage and common assault. I was drunk and caught ex fiance of 7 years cheating on me in a club. I didn't react to maturely. No excuses but I was the one who ended up with a broken arm and jewellery stolen not to mention without my long term fiance. In hindsight I should have not accepted the cautions and pressed charges on the doormen. In hindsight I should have just walked away.

What's done is done. I am not a criminal and I would just like someone to to communicate with me. If I am not deemed to be rehabilitated then I need to do what I need to do to try and gain entry into Canada.

I sent my paperwork to london April 21st this year and I received my first email around 21st November after months of enquiring. They said to wait for a letter sent to me on the 17th November. No letter has arrived. Two weeks after they said they had sent this letter I emailed to say that this letter has still not arrived. They replied simply asking 'have I received it yet?' I have sent 2 further unanswered emails in response, stating that this letter has still not arrived and asked what is happening.

I understand that they are busy etc etc etc but being lied to and ignored is beyond a joke. This is people's lives that they are controlling here!

Last edited by Fitzyafcb; Dec 17th 2011 at 8:30 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Just to let people know. I recieved an email 15mins ago apologising for the error and to inform me that the results of my application have been mailed to me on the 19th December. Fingers crossed.

A day off 8 months since they received my application.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

8 Months and you only sent a for info only request. That's crazy
Fingers crossed it's all good.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Yes I know crazy. My start date at work was Aug 21st. Now I have to wait a while. My requests for urgency went unheard. I think because I have both civil and military problems it probably complicated things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.