British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Criminal Rehab 'info only' London timeline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/criminal-rehab-info-only-london-timeline-718764/)

Fitzyafcb May 28th 2011 9:24 pm

Criminal Rehab 'info only' London timeline

My application for criminal rehab 'info only' was received by London CIC on the 18th April 2011 according to Royal Mail. As of yet, I have heard nothing from them. No acknowledgement that they have received my papers or that they are processing it.

Is this normal? Should I try and contact them and chase things up? How can I contact them? How long could this take?

I am travelling to London in June. Can someone help me at the embassy if I was to make enquiries?

I have read on the forums that some have heard within weeks.

Many thanks

Poppit May 29th 2011 1:05 am

Re: Criminal Rehab 'info only' London timeline

Hi

My son's took 14 weeks and 2 emails to CIC before we received the letter informing him that he did not need to apply for rehabilitation. You're going to have to be patient for a while longer I suspect.

Poppit

Fitzyafcb May 29th 2011 1:15 pm

ok thank you.

I don't suppose you have the email address that you used?

regards

Poppit May 30th 2011 2:30 am

Hi

He sent a case specify enquiry which can be found on the CIC website.

Goodluck.

Poppit

Fitzyafcb May 30th 2011 4:11 pm

many thanks

Fitzyafcb Jun 11th 2011 9:32 pm

Looks like I have to just wait then.

Still waiting for any sort of response. I've waited 6 weeks since posting my application before sending a case specific enquiry email. This email has yet to be acknowledged 25 days on since sending it.

So So Frustrating this waiting malarchy.

christmasoompa Jun 11th 2011 9:36 pm

You do know it can take over a year? So a bit early to be so frustrated with it.

Fitzyafcb Jun 11th 2011 9:54 pm

what for a 'for info' application? Really

Fitzyafcb Sep 14th 2011 1:05 pm

Still haven't heard a thing! My start date at work was supposed to be august 15th. Gutted! :(

Anyone else out there waiting? Anyone had a response yet? How long have you been waiting?

Poppit Sep 15th 2011 3:58 am

Hi

I would be sending a case specific email informing them of when you sent the application 'for info only', and asking how long it is likely to be before your application is processed.

Goodluck.

Poppit

Fitzyafcb Sep 15th 2011 7:19 pm

I have sent a few case specific enquiries now. I have yet to get a reply. :(

izzi81 Sep 15th 2011 9:13 pm

Have you been using the email form on their website, or sending a direct email? There are lots of comments on the forum about people getting no response from the web form. If you search the forum you'll find an email address for London enquiries, I'd use that?

Fitzyafcb Sep 16th 2011 6:18 am

Yes, I've been using web form. Thanks this sounds about right what's the point of providing a service that doesn't work? arghh hahaha:confused:

christmasoompa Sep 16th 2011 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Fitzyafcb (Post 9624509)
Yes, I've been using web form. Thanks this sounds about right what's the point of providing a service that doesn't work? arghh hahaha:confused:

Send a direct email then? It's odd that they're not responding, but the email usually gets a response within 2 or 3 days max.

Fitzyafcb Sep 16th 2011 10:55 am

yes I have sent a direct email this morning. fingers crossed . many thanks