Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Covering note to show how you scored your points & how many pages?

Covering note to show how you scored your points & how many pages?

Old Jan 14th 2010, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Sofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Covering note to show how you scored your points & how many pages?

Hi is this docs that you are sending to CIC or to the visa office? I keep thinking I understand what goes where and when, and then i think 'nope that's not right!'

Old Jan 14th 2010, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sofi
Hi is this docs that you are sending to CIC or to the visa office? I keep thinking I understand what goes where and when, and then i think 'nope that's not right!'

As my timeline says.....to CHC, but remember we applied under the old system.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
A file like this!
Goodness you must have put in some hours on that one! Hope you hear something soon.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

What about the poor visa officer who has the job of processing it
Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joinerboy
What about the poor visa officer who has the job of processing it
They shouldn't have asked for so much evidence then! I meeeeeean - 10 years worth of payslips? Admittedly I only sent the P60's, but then there was the 10 years worth of work experience proof.....and it goes on. Some was extra because of our circumstances, like my lack of formal education because of home-schooling for much of my childhood, and they also asked for alot of proof of relationship to relatives in Canada. It was doubled because I have two brothers there and thought that two would be better than one! Last years issues with my son added to the package quite a bit too.....

At least it's indexed as well as neatly divided and sub-divided! In my humble opinion it's a work of CHC art! Much more comprehensive than any case papers, (job-speak), that I've ever put together!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

A file like this!
I feel better after seeing that pile of documents!!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
Goodness you must have put in some hours on that one! Hope you hear something soon.
Thanks SRT, Yep, I couldn't have done any better...that I am aware of anyway. Just hope it's enough......
Old Jan 15th 2010, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

At least it's indexed as well as neatly divided and sub-divided! In my humble opinion it's a work of CHC art! Much more comprehensive than any case papers, (job-speak), that I've ever put together!
I love that you have a pic of it. Hopefully you can look back on that in years to come and say 'it was worth all the effort'. I put mine in a natty red wallet with plastic pocket pages - they sent all the docs back and kept the wallet!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 9:49 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

They shouldn't have asked for so much evidence then! I meeeeeean - 10 years worth of payslips? Admittedly I only sent the P60's, but then there was the 10 years worth of work experience proof.....and it goes on.
How did you provide a lot of that stuff if you don't mind me asking? I know that in my case at least I destroy most of my payslips after a while since I don't really like to have tons of paperwork laying around and I haven't even been working for ten years yet.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
How did you provide a lot of that stuff if you don't mind me asking? I know that in my case at least I destroy most of my payslips after a while since I don't really like to have tons of paperwork laying around and I haven't even been working for ten years yet.
I have had the same job since 1981 and been sad enough to keep payslips and P60's as well as annual appraisal reports throughout the years. Personnel had some my original appraisal reports too so I could get copies of what I didn't have. I've lived in the same house sine 1987 too and we have a Tardis in our loft!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

rschatha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Guys

I presume the first Initial Applications are as follows :
IMM0008 (generic), Background info, additional family info, etc etc and the copy of passport of prinicple applicant.

The the larger application is the 2nd stage to local CIC office, and ALL the supporting info, hence 60,90,200 page applications?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 8:12 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rschatha
Hi, Guys

I presume the first Initial Applications are as follows :
IMM0008 (generic), Background info, additional family info, etc etc and the copy of passport of prinicple applicant.

The the larger application is the 2nd stage to local CIC office, and ALL the supporting info, hence 60,90,200 page applications?
Correct.