Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Covering note to show how you scored your points & how many pages?

Covering note to show how you scored your points & how many pages?

Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice
Default Covering note to show how you scored your points & how many pages?

Hi - Did anyone include a summary of how they calculated they're points within the full PR application pack? I know it won't make any difference to the outcome but may make them look closer at information if they think you score fewer points than your claiming?

Also how many pages did you send, my application is pretty straight forward and i have approaching 90 pages!! Does that seem a lot?

Thanks,

Stuart.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covering note to show how you scored your points & how many pages?

Originally Posted by stokesey
Hi - Did anyone include a summary of how they calculated they're points within the full PR application pack? I know it won't make any difference to the outcome but may make them look closer at information if they think you score fewer points than your claiming?

Also how many pages did you send, my application is pretty straight forward and i have approaching 90 pages!! Does that seem a lot?

Thanks,

Stuart.
Our application was 280 pages!

At least you would be showing how you believed you made the points.

Bear in mind though that anything you include could be used for and against you in the future in the event of an appeal.

I included all sorts of things theren't weren't on the list with the idea that if they don't want to look at it then at least they could discard it as irrelevent.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Hi - Did anyone include a summary of how they calculated they're points within the full PR application pack? I know it won't make any difference to the outcome but may make them look closer at information if they think you score fewer points than your claiming? Stuart.
We enclosed a covering letter at the front of the folder which included what we made the points. We also included in this letter a couple of notes to clarify a couple of points in the application.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:37 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
Bloody hell, no wonder it takes them so long to process the applications these days.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

Stuart.
Hi Stuart
The visa officer will determine your points based on the supporting documents you supply together with your personal info. I'm fairly certain a letter explaining how you feel your points were obtained wouldn't make a difference unfortuately. My best advice is triple check your ponit and make sure you supply as much supporting documentation as possible.
All the best with your application.

Regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; Jan 14th 2010 at 4:54 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

maybe I'm being dumb here but if you failed in the points score wouldn't you be rejected at the initial application stage?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotty1974
maybe I'm being dumb here but if you failed in the points score wouldn't you be rejected at the initial application stage?
NS Sydney don't check your points

This is done by by London ( if in UK ) during processing
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

What does Sydney check? I thought they checked the points too... we're only looking at FSW1, so do they only check that you are on The List?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kaye5
What does Sydney check? I thought they checked the points too... we're only looking at FSW1, so do they only check that you are on The List?
Yes and that you've left no blank spaces on the application forms that's more or less it.

Your main processing only starts at London, you don't need to send any photos
or supporting doc's to Sydney for fsw cat1
Only when you receive a medical request can you relax in regard to if you have enough points. Plus if they (CHC) decide you don't have enough points you will be rejected and will lose all your initial processing fees

regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:13 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Bloody hell, no wonder it takes them so long to process the applications these days.
These days it's relatively fast. Mine took 4yrs, with the application made in '05.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Hi Stuart
The visa officer will determine your points based on the supporting documents you supply together with your personal info. I'm fairly certain a letter explaining how you feel your points were obtained wouldn't make a difference unfortuately. My best advice is triple check your ponit and make sure you supply as much supporting documentation as possible.
All the best with your application.

Regards
Joinerboy
I work out the points to be 72 best case and 67 worst case, all depends how they score the education, I'm sure It'll be fine...
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

I work out the points to be 72 best case and 67 worst case, all depends how they score the education, I'm sure It'll be fine...
thats exactly the same as us Stokesy, our worst case scenario is 67 points and we maybe score up to 72, so should be ok!!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

NS Sydney don't check your points

This is done by by London ( if in UK ) during processing
thanks for the info Joiner boy, thats interesting to know.

London look after Republic of Ireland apps as well, so we're through there
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Covering note to show how you scored your points & how many pages?

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
We're a family of 6 and ours was only about 65 odd pages - I can't imagine what you guys must be sending in
Old Jan 14th 2010, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joepublic
We're a family of 6 and ours was only about 65 odd pages - I can't imagine what you guys must be sending in
A file like this!
Attached Thumbnails Covering note to show how you scored your points & how many pages?-4.11-3.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.