Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Clarification on IEC and dependents needed please :)

Clarification on IEC and dependents needed please :)

Old May 22nd 2015, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clarification on IEC and dependents needed please :)

Originally Posted by the blairs
Thanks for the replies
Everything is starting to get real now! Got the decorators in painting the house, clearing rubbish out and have been to the tip 7 times already!! House should go on the market soon and I have relocation companies coming out to do an assessment and give me quotes for shipping :-0

One final clarification needed please. If he has not yet secured a job when we all arrive. Will the kids be allowed to go to school?? Also... Will I just receive an extended visitors visa (and not be able to work)? What would happen with proving you had means to support yourself then?

I'd hate to all arrive and the kids and him get to stay and I get turned away!!!
Just a bit of personal advice, I wouldn't sell the house or completely cut ties with your home country. The IEC is only a temporary 2 year visa that cannot be extended. I guess your intention is to move for good, but nothing is guaranteed.

As for the kids attending school, as I mentioned in my post earlier on, the local school board looked for a letter of employment from one of us. I don't know if the kids would be allowed to attend school if no-one in the family is employed and you are only temporary residents. You should contact the school board to get clarification on this.