CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Jul 3rd 2010, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Congrats banana family - a nice milestone
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Assimilation complete ... we found out today we passed our Citizenship tests, (ceremony in just under 2 weeks) I know most peeps on here say it's easy but I had a couple of questions I didn't have a clue about ~ s'pose that's what I get for knowing the online test back to front, but not studying the book woohooo for us tho eh? It's been a bit of a slog to say the least!!
Congratulations
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

capillano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Assimilation complete ... we found out today we passed our Citizenship tests, (ceremony in just under 2 weeks) I know most peeps on here say it's easy but I had a couple of questions I didn't have a clue about ~ s'pose that's what I get for knowing the online test back to front, but not studying the book woohooo for us tho eh? It's been a bit of a slog to say the least!!

Congrats!

I have another 12 months to go before I can send my application and then I will have a long wait before the test and ceremony! Just curious to find out what the wait is after the test to attend the ceremony, in your case was it 2 weeks? is this the norm for everyone?

I am trying to plan how I will be able to manage the period between applying and doing the test and ceremony because after my 12 months are up I might have to return back to the UK to care for parents so what I was planning to do is once my 1095 days are done I will file the application and if need be return to UK and wait for the test date and when I get the appointment I can fly in to do the test and stay on for a few weeks to complete the ceremony. Is this possible? can one provide a friends address in Canada for correspondence? has anyone been in this situation? how did you manage it?

Thanks
Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:44 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Congrats banana family - a nice milestone
Originally Posted by Tuppence
Congratulations
Thanks ladies

Originally Posted by capillano
Congrats!

I have another 12 months to go before I can send my application and then I will have a long wait before the test and ceremony! Just curious to find out what the wait is after the test to attend the ceremony, in your case was it 2 weeks? is this the norm for everyone?

I am trying to plan how I will be able to manage the period between applying and doing the test and ceremony because after my 12 months are up I might have to return back to the UK to care for parents so what I was planning to do is once my 1095 days are done I will file the application and if need be return to UK and wait for the test date and when I get the appointment I can fly in to do the test and stay on for a few weeks to complete the ceremony. Is this possible? can one provide a friends address in Canada for correspondence? has anyone been in this situation? how did you manage it?

Thanks
Our test was the end of the first week of June, ceremony is next Wed so about 5 weeks altogether. Sorry, can't help with your other question although someone on here is bound to know
Old Jul 29th 2010, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

87cabby is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought I'd share the latest with you.

I applied in Feb, 5 month anniversary just passed. I called today, and they are opening applications received on January 12th.

Looks like the waiting time from application to acknowledgement is currently 6.5 months.

Cheers,

A.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

Thanks for sharing. I applied in Feb too and also haven't received any acknowledgement.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Tolga is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 87cabby
Just thought I'd share the latest with you.

I applied in Feb, 5 month anniversary just passed. I called today, and they are opening applications received on January 12th.

Looks like the waiting time from application to acknowledgement is currently 6.5 months.

Cheers,

A.
didn't see this post and phoned CIC yesterday. They are still opening applications received on Jan 12th
Old Aug 5th 2010, 8:44 pm
AD74

Andrew74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
Yikes. I need to get on this, PR card expires next October.
Me too, mine expires in early 2011 too! Where do I start for the Citizenship process??
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:39 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Andrew74
Me too, mine expires in early 2011 too! Where do I start for the Citizenship process??
It should speed up, Sydney has just hired or is in the process of hiring 160 employees for the Citizenship/CIO and PR production. Mind they laid off about the same in March/10 when the funding for the positions ran out.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
Just received notice that we have are tests on 4 August
Just received letter asking us to attend citizenship ceremony on August 30 so moves pretty quick once you get your letter for test.

They do check your passports for customs stamps.

Yes you need to read the book to pass the test.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

flix7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew74
Hi
I am going to aply for citizenship soon but taking the timeline in consideration(about 18mths) my PR card will expire before that(Aug.2011). Do you have to apply for extension or a new card while being in process of obtaining citizenship? How do you deal with that? I do not want to lose status.

Thanks
Old Aug 18th 2010, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

received my acknowledgment letter yesterday. what is next now and how long?
Old Aug 18th 2010, 3:49 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flix7
Hi
I am going to aply for citizenship soon but taking the timeline in consideration(about 18mths) my PR card will expire before that(Aug.2011). Do you have to apply for extension or a new card while being in process of obtaining citizenship? How do you deal with that? I do not want to lose status.

Thanks
You don't lose status just because your PR card has expired. You will still be a PR as long as you meet the residency requirements. The only practical problem with letting your PR card expire is if you wish to leave Canada. Airlines might be reluctant to fly you to Canada without a return ticket if you cannot prove to them that you are a current PR. Once you get to Canada immigration have access to your records so they can check your status.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

87cabby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tolga
received my acknowledgment letter yesterday. what is next now and how long?
When did you send it off?
What is next I imagine is the infamous booklet... as for how long? Judging by their speed and performance so far, years wouldn't suprise me!
Old Aug 18th 2010, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 87cabby
When did you send it off?
What is next I imagine is the infamous booklet... as for how long? Judging by their speed and performance so far, years wouldn't suprise me!
sent application in Jan 2010... booklet came with the acknowledgment letter. I am not that pessimistic.. should be all done by end of this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.