CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Feb 21st 2010, 4:44 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by purplemoose
Too true

Sounds like we're in the same boat as you, sent ours off 14th Sept last year and still waiting for confirmation. Hopeful to hear something back maybe next month, if other people's time lines are anything to go by...
September the 23rd we posted the bumpf off.

Still waiting like you. If I hear I'll tell you and vice versa so we'll know it's moving?
Old Feb 21st 2010, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

sdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nice

Just out of curiosity,
if there is a 15month wait for your citizen interview, would it be possible to apply for citizenship 21months after you have landed and got your PR?

Sean
Old Feb 21st 2010, 5:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdfharkin
Just out of curiosity,
if there is a 15month wait for your citizen interview, would it be possible to apply for citizenship 21months after you have landed and got your PR?

Sean
Nope, you need the full 3 years. Re-read posts no. 22 & 23 of this thread.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

purplemoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madmac
September the 23rd we posted the bumpf off.

Still waiting like you. If I hear I'll tell you and vice versa so we'll know it's moving?
Sounds good, will let you know as soon as we hear anything
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:29 pm

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good, will let you know as soon as we hear anything
I'll do the same. Hopefully next month at some point?
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Just an update to keep other hopefuls in the loop about time lines:
01MAR2009 - posted application;
27AUG2009 - acknowledgment and booklet "A look at Canada" recieved;
23SEPT2009 - updates start to appear on E-CAS;
30JAN2010 - Updated booklet "Discover Canada" received;
02MAR2010 - Invitation to interview received - for 16MAR2010.

Won't be long now, I hope...
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I phoned the help line about a week ago,very helpful, but they are not allowed to access my file.
my app arrived Oct,( canada post details) and I was told they are just starting on those received in sept.
asked roughly how long it could take,
maybe a letter in about 2 months and about 18 months total.
which means I may have to re-apply for PR as it will run out, on that timescale.
cheers
Jerry
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

I am interested in finding out your waiting times between the test and the ceremony.
I passed my test on Nov. 18th, they told me it would be between 2-4 months until the ceremony.So far I haven't heard anything. I went to CIC in Halifax on Monday to find out more, because my PR card is expiring in 2 weeks and I was hoping to get an answer of how long before the date of the ceremony, but they said I could check back with them if I hadn't heard from them until May....

So for those of you who have just gone through the application in the last year or two, how long was it between the test and the ceremony and did any one of you have an interview with a Citizenship judge?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodworm
I am interested in finding out your waiting times between the test and the ceremony.
I passed my test on Nov. 18th, they told me it would be between 2-4 months until the ceremony.So far I haven't heard anything. I went to CIC in Halifax on Monday to find out more, because my PR card is expiring in 2 weeks and I was hoping to get an answer of how long before the date of the ceremony, but they said I could check back with them if I hadn't heard from them until May....

So for those of you who have just gone through the application in the last year or two, how long was it between the test and the ceremony and did any one of you have an interview with a Citizenship judge?
Did my test in early August last year, citizenship ceremony in December. No interview. I think timelines depends on where you will be doing the ceremony and how many other people have applied form that area - there were 80 people at the ceremony when I went.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snave
Just an update to keep other hopefuls in the loop about time lines:
01MAR2009 - posted application;
27AUG2009 - acknowledgment and booklet "A look at Canada" recieved;
23SEPT2009 - updates start to appear on E-CAS;
30JAN2010 - Updated booklet "Discover Canada" received;
02MAR2010 - Invitation to interview received - for 16MAR2010.

Won't be long now, I hope...
Great, thanks for the update.
I had better start reading the booklet, as I'm only a couple of months behind you.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

capillano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by woodworm
No , I don't think you can apply in advance. You have to have the required number of days on the date you apply and they verify it at the test date. They checked every single stamp in my passport to make sure I had enough days in Canada before applying.
I am curious to find out what CIC is looking for when we apply for Citizenship i.e the 1095 days of physical stay in Canada. When does this start counting? I take it from the day you first landed here.

You mention they verify this on the test date by asking you to provide your passport and you say they checked all the stamps on it, the question I have is when you go to the UK for a visit the passport never gets stamped.

I have read that one can't put an application earlier even though it can take upto 18 months to obtain the Citizenship, therefore I am at a loss at understanding why the 1095 day of residency rule when in actual fact the unusually long time it takes for them to process the application.

There are only 30plus million people in Canada and on a given day surely there can't be 1000's of people applying for citizenship every day???
Old Mar 16th 2010, 3:36 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by capillano
I am curious to find out what CIC is looking for when we apply for Citizenship i.e the 1095 days of physical stay in Canada. When does this start counting? I take it from the day you first landed here.

You mention they verify this on the test date by asking you to provide your passport and you say they checked all the stamps on it, the question I have is when you go to the UK for a visit the passport never gets stamped.

I have read that one can't put an application earlier even though it can take upto 18 months to obtain the Citizenship, therefore I am at a loss at understanding why the 1095 day of residency rule when in actual fact the unusually long time it takes for them to process the application.

There are only 30plus million people in Canada and on a given day surely there can't be 1000's of people applying for citizenship every day???
Well in 2007 they had 197,000 applications for citizenship which works out to about 800 applications per day.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

purplemoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madmac
I'll do the same. Hopefully next month at some point?
Hey Madmac,

just to let you know, we received the receipt for our Citizenship Application today! So hopefully, if not already, you should receive yours any day now too. That means our prediction was right, 6 months almost bang on. Feeling a bit relieved now we have some confirmation at last!

Let us know when you hear something
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:15 pm

Hey Madmac,

just to let you know, we received the receipt for our Citizenship Application today! So hopefully, if not already, you should receive yours any day now too. That means our prediction was right, 6 months almost bang on. Feeling a bit relieved now we have some confirmation at last!

Excellent. I shall be hopping up and down outside the post box for the next two weeks. Then I shall panic. Then I shall panic some more.

Did it give any comforting words of Canadiana?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 10:26 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

just to let you know, we received the receipt for our Citizenship Application today! That means our prediction was right, 6 months almost bang on. Feeling a bit relieved now we have some confirmation at last!

Almost the same as ours too ... 6 & a half months from receiving the application to starting processing it This is what my on-line Client Application Status says today .......

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 23, 2009.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on March 23, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. I actually received 1 book in Dec 09 & 3 more in Jan 10
We started processing your application on October 8, 2009.

We sent you a letter on October 8, 2009 to ******* If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. (I forgot to sign something ) Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Your file was transferred to the Victoria CIC office on January 12, 2010. The Victoria CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Victoria CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

Last edited by bananahammock; Mar 18th 2010 at 10:30 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.