CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Jun 21st 2014, 11:46 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by spaceace
...not difficult IF you have all the paperwork
I'm missing some work proof for the Mrs - she had a verbal contract for one of her jobs
Also missing 2011 school reports for the kids....I mislaid them

Happy days
The school will have copies, just ask nicely.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

I just read that this bill has received Royal Assent and is now law.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Transplant is an unknown quantity at this point

Is anyone else self-employed ? The invitation refers to the letter from employer. Seems odd that we have to get letters from ourselves, as we have been self-employed for over 20 years ? Our accountant printed off our notices of assessment from the CRA website so one less hurdle there.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

iancampbell9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied October 2013
Received discovery book December 2013
Fingerprint Request made April 2014
Fingerprints completed May 2 2014
On Friday received notice of citizenship exam on July 3, 2014.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by iancampbell9
Applied October 2013
Wow. Whereabouts in the country are you?
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxye3
I just read that this bill has received Royal Assent and is now law.
Not sure if this is actually law yet? Unless you have access to something I haven't seen. On the other thread about strengthening the Act, there is this reply:

And Royal Assent, June 19.
LEGISinfo - House Government Bill C-24 (41-2)
Government welcomes Royal Assent of Bill C-24 - Canada News Centre

However, most of the the legislation will not come into effect until a Commencement Order is signed. And until then, according to the Minister:

"I would like to add ... that the rules would only apply after this law comes into force and after the necessary orders in council have been gazetted, changing the regulations in this respect. So anyone who is making an application to become a Canadian citizen now or for the foreseeable future as this bill moves through this House and the other place, will be treated under the current rules. "

and this:
'CIC haven't updated their website as the old rules are still in place and will remain so until there is a Commencement Order for the new rules. Based on the Minister's comments, and the law in general, applications currently received will be assessed on the pre-Bill C-24 rules.'

But I don't know when the Commencement Order happens - but presumably could be soon.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

iancampbell9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smivers
Wow. Whereabouts in the country are you?
I live in Burlington, ON and the test is scheduled for Hamilton.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

jaysangha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iancampbell9
Applied October 2013
Similar story for us:
Applied November 2013
Study Guide January 2014
Finger prints May 2014
Test scheduled for June 30!!!
We're in Mississauga
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

brit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jaysangha
Similar story for us:
Applied November 2013
Study Guide January 2014
Finger prints May 2014
Test scheduled for June 30!!!
We're in Mississauga
Hi

June 2014 passed test (pretty easy general knowledge)

Best of luck those waiting for test/oath

Last edited by brit09; Jun 23rd 2014 at 11:05 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 3:22 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

I've also got my notice (on about 13th of this month) for my test on 2nd July in Vancouver!

EDIT: Gathering links to test practice resources in this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...stions-837267/

Last edited by hpka; Jun 24th 2014 at 3:55 pm. Reason: Added link to practice questions thread
Old Jun 26th 2014, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

According to CIC 'site, they started processing my application on 3rd March 2014. It was received on 3rd January 2014. There is no indication as to which office is handling the process. Being over 55, I am hoping that this will prove to be a straight forward process. Maybe I will hear something soon!
Old Jun 26th 2014, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Steveh27wp
According to CIC 'site, they started processing my application on 3rd March 2014. It was received on 3rd January 2014. There is no indication as to which office is handling the process. Being over 55, I am hoping that this will prove to be a straight forward process. Maybe I will hear something soon!
Well I hope you don't have to wait as long as we did. We are over 55 and have been here over 30 years (landed immigrants). Applied for citizenship over 2 years ago and finally have our interview and hopefully ceremony July 4th I think processing times have improved substantially since our application in 2012.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Transplant
Well I hope you don't have to wait as long as we did. We are over 55 and have been here over 30 years (landed immigrants). Applied for citizenship over 2 years ago and finally have our interview and hopefully ceremony July 4th I think processing times have improved substantially since our application in 2012.
That seems to be a very long processing time ....... guess I need to sit back and relax .....and yet I note that at least one individual's process was only 7 months start to finish.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

When we originally applied it said online that processing times averaged 25 mths. We never had any issues or any requests for other information. Read on here of others getting processed quickly but maybe it depends on where you live ? Just glad it's almost done. We had to renew our Brit passports a couple of months back as we had no idea when it would finally get dealt with. Getting close now.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Transplant
When we originally applied it said online that processing times averaged 25 mths. We never had any issues or any requests for other information. Read on here of others getting processed quickly but maybe it depends on where you live ? Just glad it's almost done. We had to renew our Brit passports a couple of months back as we had no idea when it would finally get dealt with. Getting close now.
......and that's the eternal issue.......do you start to get the info together for renewing PR cards, passports etc........or do you hope that the process will be over in time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.