Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Test - practice questions

Citizenship Test - practice questions

Old Jun 24th 2014, 3:00 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light
Question Citizenship Test - practice questions

My test is in a week in Vancouver. I'm reading Discover Canada like crazy but I think I need some literal test practice.

With that in mind, can anyone offer trustworthy, no-nonsense (google this topic, you'll see some nonsense) sources of good practice questions?

The best I have found so far is from the Toronto Library: Citizenship Test : New to Canada : Toronto Public Library

EDIT:
Also discovered this test generator from the Richmond Public Library: http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
...Which linked me to this site from OCASI - Funded by the CIC - Has Android and iPhone apps: http://citizenshipcounts.ca/

I suppose I should also link to the Notice about all of this in Discover Canada so no one can sue me: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...ver/notice.asp

Last edited by hpka; Jun 24th 2014 at 3:31 pm. Reason: Added more resources I found + notice
Old Jun 24th 2014, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

TanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Test - practice questions

Can't help with the test questions, but I think it is great you are trying to source some. I heard so many times before my test that it was "easy" and "general knowledge" but my test was not. I was only confident I had answered 9 questions correctly and was genuinely nervous I hadn't passed. Luckily I did and it must've been by the skin of my teeth (never did find out what I scored). Best of luck to you
Old Jun 24th 2014, 11:28 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got an iphone? Plenty of free apps
Old Jun 25th 2014, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I used a bunch of sites, most of them libraries like the ones you've found, but don't have the URLs handy. What I would say is that all the questions on my real test were easier than the ones on the practice tests, but doing those practice tests until I got 99-100% all the time meant I knew the answer to all the ones I was asked.

It's possible they've changed in the last two years, but, in most cases, I could immediately write off two of the answers on each question as obviously false, so it was just a matter of choosing between the other two. But I still had to check it multiple times afterwards before I was willing to accept that there wasn't a single question on my paper whose answer was 'B'.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, I just downloaded one of the apps and did a timed practice test, got 90%

I don't think you will have any trouble - I'm not even in Canada yet and haven't practiced or studied at all.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 11:44 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

There are a lot of free apps, but I wanted to go for the more trustworthy ones and preferbaly ones that don't shove ads down your throat saying "YOU HAVE A MESSAGE" :P

So far the one from Ace The Test! - CitizenshipCounts.ca seems to be very good I'm getting 23/25 usually - and it's normally mistakes due to speed.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hpka
So far the one from Ace The Test! - CitizenshipCounts.ca seems to be very good I'm getting 23/25 usually - and it's normally mistakes due to speed.
Wow, I actually still got 100% on that one. I think I recognized a couple of the questions from the real test I took.