CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Sep 18th 2012, 4:24 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by Cookie
Just been told by another new Citizen that it took her 4 months from her test to her ceremony in Halifax (Aug 2012).
Yeah, ours was between 2 and 3 months, possibly more like 3 (Fredericton). BTW your timeline is almost exactly like ours give or take.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 6:28 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Yeah, ours was between 2 and 3 months, possibly more like 3 (Fredericton). BTW your timeline is almost exactly like ours give or take.
I just had to phone Citizenship and Immigration (about 100 times before I got through ) because my son aged 17 (18 in Oct) did not even get a letter. Mr Cookie got his letter even though does not have to sit the test coz he is auld They said that my son does not need to attend at all which surprised me because the rest of us have to present our papers. I am going to take his along too just in case!
Old Sep 18th 2012, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

TheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really nice

we sit our test tomorrow, at 9am not in the city we live in have to travel too sit the test, I was told that everyone has to be there, but maybe that is because if we pass we will be having the ceremony at 1pm. I didnt receive paperwork for my kids that were under 18 when we applied.
I didnt want to search through this thread, but those that have sat the test how long do you get to do it?
Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheMcHughs
I didnt want to search through this thread, but those that have sat the test how long do you get to do it?
Twenty minutes, I think.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:57 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I just had to phone Citizenship and Immigration (about 100 times before I got through ) because my son aged 17 (18 in Oct) did not even get a letter. Mr Cookie got his letter even though does not have to sit the test coz he is auld They said that my son does not need to attend at all which surprised me because the rest of us have to present our papers. I am going to take his along too just in case!
He needs to attend the ceremony I believe, but not the test.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:58 am
Seasoned Maritimer

we sit our test tomorrow, at 9am not in the city we live in have to travel too sit the test, I was told that everyone has to be there, but maybe that is because if we pass we will be having the ceremony at 1pm. I didnt receive paperwork for my kids that were under 18 when we applied.
It's 30 minutes (20 questions), but you won't need that long.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

intercooler has a brilliant futureintercooler has a brilliant futureintercooler has a brilliant futureintercooler has a brilliant futureintercooler has a brilliant futureintercooler has a brilliant futureintercooler has a brilliant future

HiFolks
here is a complete and official guide to how Canadian citizenship application is processed. This is for those who has not seen this before. Thanks

1 Applicant for citizenship mails completed application form to CPC Sydney.
2 CPC reviews the application form to ensure that:
• the form is completed properly;
• all necessary information is included;
• the correct fee has been paid.
3 CPC reviews documents submitted with the application form.
CPC mails applicant a letter:
• confirming that the application has been received;
• with a copy of A Look at Canada, the guide on which the citizenship test
is based.
4 Clearances are requested electronically from:
• Immigration (Query Response Centre [QRC]);
• the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP);
• the Canadian Security and Intelligence Service (CSIS).
5 The QRC, the RCMP, and CSIS check for an immigration record, a criminal record,
and a security record for the applicant, to make sure that the applicant is not
prohibited from obtaining citizenship.
6 CPC prepares a certificate package and sends it to the CIC office nearest to the
applicant’s address.
7 Once all clearances and verifications have been completed, the CIC office sends the
applicant a letter inviting them to appear on a set date and time to write the citizenship
test. In some cases, such as the need for more information about a prohibition or
residence, the applicant failing the test, an applicant with low literacy or language
skills, or where the judge specifically makes the request, an interview is scheduled
with a citizenship judge.
8 The citizenship judge reviews the application and the test results to determine
whether the applicant meets the requirements for citizenship.
If the judge does not approve the application, the applicant is told, in writing, that the
application has been non-approved, and given the reasons for non-approval. The
applicant is told that he or she:
• can apply again; and/or
• can appeal the citizenship judge’s decision to the Federal Court.
9 If the judge approves citizenship:
• the citizenship officer grants citizenship*;
• the applicant is invited to attend a citizenship ceremony;
• the applicant takes the oath of citizenship at the ceremony;
• the applicant receives a Certificate of Canadian Citizenship at the
ceremony.
* The citizenship officer can recommend that the Minister appeal a judge’s
decision.
10 Completed file is sent to CPC Sydney for file retirement:
• File is microfilmed.
CP 1
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

TheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really nice

Thought I would update everyone,
We had our test this morning at 9am, 30 mins 20 questions. Afew of mine were hard, but we all passed . The Ceremony was held at 1pm this afternoon, yeah The McHughs became Canadian Citizens
Our timeframe was approximately 15 months.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

The Ceremony was held at 1pm this afternoon, yeah The McHughs became Canadian Citizens.
Congratulations . At least you didn't have to wait weeks wondering whether you passed .
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

intercooler has a brilliant futureintercooler has a brilliant futureintercooler has a brilliant futureintercooler has a brilliant futureintercooler has a brilliant futureintercooler has a brilliant futureintercooler has a brilliant future

Congrats to the McHughs... Enjoy being Canadians. Soon it will be our turn...hang in there everyone
Old Sep 25th 2012, 11:40 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

We sat our Citizenship test this morning in Halifax. We passed Our ceremony will take place in approx 2-3 months.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 11:42 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

We sat our Citizenship test this morning in Halifax. We passed Our ceremony will take place in approx 2-3 months.
Congrats
Old Sep 25th 2012, 11:52 pm
Scottish Canuck

Originally Posted by Tangram
Congrats
Thanks! Thank goodness that's past
Old Sep 26th 2012, 1:18 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Thanks! Thank goodness that's past
My thoughts exactly
Old Sep 26th 2012, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

We sent our applications in February, and still haven't been able to get to see the status online. DH called CIC yesterday and we were told that it would likely be another 8-9 months (15-16 months total) before it will even be sent to London, and unlikely that they will process it within 21 months, which is the current time on the website

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.