CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Feb 19th 2012, 11:20 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by Ramsey
Looks like the cheap and nasty card is no more
Better than a cheap and nasty piece of paper. No doubt not having to produce the cards anymore will speed up processing.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice
Smile Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

We took the oath today in Vancouver and were handed a lovely Certificate of Citizenship. In two days time the husband will be applying for a passport in the hope that it arrives before he has to go to Seattle for work in April.

Anyway, all done! Officially a Canadian today!

Zoé M. x
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! YAY!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Ollie3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zmartin
We took the oath today in Vancouver and were handed a lovely Certificate of Citizenship. In two days time the husband will be applying for a passport in the hope that it arrives before he has to go to Seattle for work in April.

Anyway, all done! Officially a Canadian today!

Zoé M. x

Congrats!

Just wondering what your timeline was like. And has anyone else in the Vancouver area gone through a similar process recently? I applied in July 2011 and received the acknowledgement and booklet just five weeks later (couldn't believe it), but things seem to have stalled now and it still reads "Received" on the CIC website. Does anyone know what the timeline is like for the Vancouver area at the moment? The process seems much faster in Alberta and Ontario.

Slightly off topic, re-Seattle - just wondering, how difficult/easy is it to find work south of the border, as a Brit without a green card?
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ollie3
Congrats!

Just wondering what your timeline was like. And has anyone else in the Vancouver area gone through a similar process recently? I applied in July 2011 and received the acknowledgement and booklet just five weeks later (couldn't believe it), but things seem to have stalled now and it still reads "Received" on the CIC website. Does anyone know what the timeline is like for the Vancouver area at the moment? The process seems much faster in Alberta and Ontario.
The first part of the process is done centrally and should be due anytime soon for you.... (i.e. Start processing)

Once they start processing, assuming no errors, your file will be transferred to a local office within 2months or so....

After that.... No idea for BC.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Ollie3 is an unknown quantity at this point

The first part of the process is done centrally and should be due anytime soon for you.... (i.e. Start processing)

Once they start processing, assuming no errors, your file will be transferred to a local office within 2months or so....

After that.... No idea for BC.
Good to know that processing starts fairly soon, thanks. Really don't fancy having to go down the PR card renewal route.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

ChezG has a brilliant futureChezG has a brilliant futureChezG has a brilliant futureChezG has a brilliant futureChezG has a brilliant futureChezG has a brilliant futureChezG has a brilliant future

Victoria BC seems to be a little slower.

Applied - Aug 2010
Fingerprints - Jul 2011
Test - Feb 2012

Expect to wait another 6 weeks or so for the ceremony which will take us to the end of April.

I thought the fingerprint check would hold up our application but I have a friend who applied in July 2010 who had no further questions asked and she was only tested last week so I think they have a lot of people in the system.

Looking forward to getting that shiny new certificate and applying for our passports!
Old Feb 24th 2012, 2:04 am
Just Joined

TheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really nice

We applied in April 2011,
Received acknowledgement letter dated 22 June 2011,
File been sent to Calgary 5th December 2011. Hopefully we may hear something soon,
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Update:

Applied - Jul 20 2011
Confirmation - Sep 13 2011 (dated Aug 25 2011)
Processing - Dec 1 2011
Transferred to Calgary - Jan 24 2012
Notice to appear for test on Mar 13 - Feb 28 2012

Notice says test in morning, ceremony in afternoon..... Nearly there!

Better start reading that booklet....
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 11:32 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm GTA based.
Application sent to Sydney: August 3rd 2011
Arrived and signed for at Sydney: August 8th 2011
Started Processing: February 1st 2012

Actual message from eCAS system:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 8, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on August 8, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 1, 2012.

I know the booklet mentioned is incorrect, as it should be Discover Canada. However, I never received the book or a letter. I did phone CIC and they stated that eCAS isn't always accurate in what it states, and that they had not sent me any letters. I did request the booklet online myself and it arrived last week.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Little D
Applied April 4 2011
Acknowledged May 31 2011
Transferred to Calgary December 2 2011
Test date January 24 2012
Further update...just noticed I put our test date as January doh!! Actually we took it on February 24th....must have been having a blonde moment

Received the letter today inviting us to take the oath on March 27th
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update:

Applied - Jul 20 2011
Processing - Dec 1 2011

Citizenship Test - Mar 13 2012 am
Ceremony & Oath - Mar 13 2012 pm

All in 8 months!!! Wow!

It seems that the same-day test/ceremony had a lot of out-of-towners.... The information screens at the test still suggested a 1-3 MONTH wait for the ceremony.

AFAIK there were 4 versions of the test and there were 4 different answer/marking overlays that were being used.

As they were marking the tests there and then, we were told we would have to wait the full 30mins even if we handed our tests in early.

With this in mind, I took my time and still somehow finished in just under 2 mins!!! (4mins if you add in a re-check and walking to the front).

If you are from the UK, speak English natively, have read the book and maybe done some test questions (I used an ipad app), you should have no real problem with the test questions. If you do not know the correct answer, eliminating the obviously wrong answers will get you a long way!

The new certificates look pretty much like the old ones on the front, but on the back there is all your personal information, plus a barcode that will be scanned by the passport people.

We were told in very clear terms not to fold or laminate the letter-sized certificate. This is annoying as my fire-safe only fits papers folded in half!

Passport applications cannot be submitted until 2 buisness days following the ceremony as they only enter your details into the system after you have taken the oath.

So another chapter closed..... Calgary rewarded me with a blizzard to drive through and Canmore gave me 10cm's of heavy snow to shovel when I got home.... Yup, I'm definatley Canadian now.....
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Tolga is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ollie3
Congrats!

Slightly off topic, re-Seattle - just wondering, how difficult/easy is it to find work south of the border, as a Brit without a green card?
a friend of mine applied in June 2011 and received his booklet in a few weeks. No updates after that.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

Update:

Applied - Jul 20 2011
Processing - Dec 1 2011

Citizenship Test - Mar 13 2012 am
Ceremony & Oath - Mar 13 2012 pm

All in 8 months!!! Wow!

It seems that the same-day test/ceremony had a lot of out-of-towners.... The information screens at the test still suggested a 1-3 MONTH wait for the ceremony.

AFAIK there were 4 versions of the test and there were 4 different answer/marking overlays that were being used.

As they were marking the tests there and then, we were told we would have to wait the full 30mins even if we handed our tests in early.

With this in mind, I took my time and still somehow finished in just under 2 mins!!! (4mins if you add in a re-check and walking to the front).

If you are from the UK, speak English natively, have read the book and maybe done some test questions (I used an ipad app), you should have no real problem with the test questions. If you do not know the correct answer, eliminating the obviously wrong answers will get you a long way!

The new certificates look pretty much like the old ones on the front, but on the back there is all your personal information, plus a barcode that will be scanned by the passport people.

We were told in very clear terms not to fold or laminate the letter-sized certificate. This is annoying as my fire-safe only fits papers folded in half!

Passport applications cannot be submitted until 2 buisness days following the ceremony as they only enter your details into the system after you have taken the oath.

So another chapter closed..... Calgary rewarded me with a blizzard to drive through and Canmore gave me 10cm's of heavy snow to shovel when I got home.... Yup, I'm definatley Canadian now.....

Congratulations!! We have our ceremony in Calgary on March 27th, will be just under the year for us as I mailed the application off on April 4th. A lot better than the 19 months quoted
Old Mar 15th 2012, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

So much for the 2 days wait before applying for a passport..... I thought everything was going too smoothly!

Both the clerk of the ceremony and CIC telephone support say that my certificate should be good to go today as far as a passport application.

I just spent a good hour in line at the passport office to be told my certificate has been cancelled!

Passport dept. cant help.... Citizenship dept doesn't open for another hour..... Telephone support have a one week turnaround for answers.

Glad to see they figured this new system out before putting it into action eh?!

I'm not in urgent need of the little blue book, but I would like to get it all sorted in case I get called down to the states for work. I currently have no PR card and only a piece of paper that doesn't validate!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.