CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Jan 24th 2012, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Congratulations !

(was the test bit hard and did you get a tasty Mountie?)
Thanks!

Test not hard but you really do need to read that flippin booklet! There were three questions on mine that I had to go back to, and five on hubby's test that were a bit iffy! We were given different papers. Pass mark is 15 out of 20. We weren't given our marks (but obviously I did better than him. ).

Was a nice ceremony.

No mountie, tasty or otherwise.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:43 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
The ann m family were sworn in today - another milestone.
Well done Ann. Still waiting for the test here ( Nov 2010 submitted )
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations !

(was the test bit hard and did you get a tasty Mountie?)
Eek! I read that as 'did you get to taste a Mountie?'
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Thanks!

Test not hard but you really do need to read that flippin booklet! There were three questions on mine that I had to go back to, and five on hubby's test that were a bit iffy! We were given different papers. Pass mark is 15 out of 20. We weren't given our marks (but obviously I did better than him. ).

Was a nice ceremony.

No mountie, tasty or otherwise.
Congratulations. We found the test must more difficult than we had been led to believe it would be after speaking to those that had taken it some time ago and postings on here.

The citizenship card is completely naff - agreed?
Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Congratulations. We found the test must more difficult than we had been led to believe it would be after speaking to those that had taken it some time ago and postings on here.

The citizenship card is completely naff - agreed?
You definitely need to consume the booklet - I gave my colleagues some of the questions today and the blank looks and head-scratching was pretty comical!

And yes, naff - I agree re the card - I was quite sad to give up my nice sturdy PR card - why can't they send us something like that? (Cost I suppose, and the fact that the citizenship card is unlikely to be wielded at officials for five years?!).
Old Jan 25th 2012, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

cnwk1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband and I submitted our applications during the last week of December 2011. We have received an acknowledgement letter and the book today.
So, roughly after about 1 month. We sent the forms from Ottawa to Sydney.

Last edited by cnwk1980; Jan 25th 2012 at 4:06 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

We will have our citizenship ceremony next Monday. We sent off the application mid December 2010. We received the acknowledgement and book in January 2011, got a letter with the test date mid December 2011 and did the test on 9th January.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lisa_W
We will have our citizenship ceremony next Monday. We sent off the application mid December 2010. We received the acknowledgement and book in January 2011, got a letter with the test date mid December 2011 and did the test on 9th January.
Excellent - congrats - have fun!
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:55 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

WTF.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tangram
WTF.
A timeline of about twelve months seems to be the norm for everyone I know of here who has got their citizenship recently.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 10:51 am
Seasoned Maritimer

A timeline of about twelve months seems to be the norm for everyone I know of here who has got their citizenship recently.
It was merely an exclamation as we submitted before yourself and are still waiting ( we are in the so called boonies of Canada which is likely the explanation ). Certainly not having a go at you.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

It was merely an exclamation as we submitted before yourself and are still waiting ( we are in the so called boonies of Canada which is likely the explanation ). Certainly not having a go at you.
No problem! (I did wonder what I'd done wrong!!)

I hope you get your letter with the test date soon. Good luck!

Lisa
Old Jan 26th 2012, 5:02 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

It was merely an exclamation as we submitted before yourself and are still waiting
Maybe the Canadian government is passively telling you something
Old Jan 26th 2012, 5:25 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by el_richo
Maybe the Canadian government is passively telling you something
I'll get me coat.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just received notice to appear for citizenship test for Calgary: 27 January 2012.

It also says if we pass the test the ceremony will be held in the afternoon.

Good luck today guys!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.