CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Aug 27th 2014, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by roxye3
CONGRATS' STEVE!
Thanks roxye3 .......working on the passport application now ..... once I have this, this particular journey will come to an end. Nearly 5 years of (mostly) ups and (occasional) downs.
Again, thanks.

Steve

Last edited by Steveh27wp; Aug 27th 2014 at 3:53 pm. Reason: Poor math!
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

hi all had my citizenship test today. all good then had the interview. I put all my travel dates in an out of the country which I got from CBSA. Though the citizenship officer also requested I provide details of records of movement s in and out of the UK. He said contact the consulate in van tried that, no luck there. Only other thing I could find was access to information in Peterborough, UK. any one else had to provide this information? thanks in advance

Last edited by scottymallo; Sep 10th 2014 at 12:08 am.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scottymallo
hi all had my citizenship test today. all good then had the interview. I put all my travel dates in an out of the country which I got from CBSA. Though the citizenship officer also requested I provide details of records of movement s in and out of the UK. He said contact the consulate in van tried that, no luck there. Only other thing I could find was access to information in Peterborough, UK. any one else had to provide this information? thanks in advance
I find this quite interesting. I can understand why they need to know dates when you were NOT physically present in Canada .....but I can't see any reason to be interested in your movements in and out of the UK. Perhaps their checks have shown something that you have missed?

I am sure that someone with more insight will come along soon with an answer. Good luck.

Steve
Old Sep 10th 2014, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

I have applied for access to information through the UK border services information. They may provide me with the information. Though it can take up to 40 days to process. I have emailed the UK border services for information too, they might not keep records for more than a certain time period. The UK travel is going back to early 2009.

Web address if anyone else gets this request.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nd-immigration
Old Sep 12th 2014, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

July 7 - Applied NS
September 4 - Started processing
September 12 - received our acknowlegement of receipt and Discover Canada pack
Old Sep 12th 2014, 11:01 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceace
July 7 - Applied NS
September 4 - Started processing
September 12 - received our acknowlegement of receipt and Discover Canada pack
My test was 6 months after book arrived, (Ontario)
Old Sep 13th 2014, 12:44 am
and the cat too

JulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud of

We are officially Canadian went for our Oath today.

Applied - Feb 2014
Discover Canada book - June 2014
Test - 26th August 2014
Citizenship Oath today
Old Sep 13th 2014, 1:29 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulieandDave
We are officially Canadian went for our Oath today.

Applied - Feb 2014
Discover Canada book - June 2014
Test - 26th August 2014
Citizenship Oath today
Congrats

I presume you went to the Mississauga office looking at the speedy time line
Old Sep 13th 2014, 1:36 pm
and the cat too

JulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Congrats

I presume you went to the Mississauga office looking at the speedy time line
Yes Mississauga, was quite surprised at the speed between test and oath, at the test the immigration peeps were quoting 3-4 months before we would hear from them again.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 1:44 pm

Mississauga is proper on the ball office. I live Ajax and processed thru them in 7 months
Old Sep 16th 2014, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE!

So sadly I've had to set my local M.P on to CIC again. This just gets more and more silly and makes me so sad!

My MP messaged me today to tell me that.....

"I just got off the phone with CIC and while they state that yes, you wrote your test and yes you passed, that your application is still not finalized.The reason that it is still not finalized is because they are still reviewing your “Residency Questionnaire.” They explained that they asked you to write the test so that once the residency review is finalized and presumably successful, there will be no more delays before a ceremony. I argued that they’ve had your questionnaire for the last 3 years, etc, etc so the officer I was speaking with has agreed to send CIC-Halifax an email to see where they are in the process and the current processing time. She thought that CIC-Halifax’s processing time for questionnaire’s was 36 months… but obviously yours has gone past that."

I am now at 45 months. Sigh! This is so silly!
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

Same with me, the lady went over my application and said everything is good, but now your application has to go off for review! I felt like saying "didnt you just do that"! but i didnt want to push my luck! Maybe its just a Halifax thing? everyone else in Canada seems to be sailing through.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 1:33 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Mississauga is proper on the ball office. I live Ajax and processed thru them in 7 months
Yes Mississauga, was quite surprised at the speed between test and oath, at the test the immigration peeps were quoting 3-4 months before we would hear from them again.
Mine has not been so quick.

Applied in November 2013. Exam and interview on Monday 22nd September.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 11:29 pm
and the cat too

Originally Posted by JamesM
Mine has not been so quick.

Applied in November 2013. Exam and interview on Monday 22nd September.
I was wondering how they decide where you go for the test, I live in Etobicoke so Mississauga makes sense, but Magnum lives in Ajax so you'd think he would go to Scarborough like you are.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 5:20 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering how they decide where you go for the test, I live in Etobicoke so Mississauga makes sense, but Magnum lives in Ajax so you'd think he would go to Scarborough like you are.
Yeah. I'm kind of in the middle although I'd be more comfortable with Mississauga. I know it well. I haven't been in Scarborough for exactly 10 years.

When I worked for Telus 10 years ago, whilst on WHV, I did a training course for a few days there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.