CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Sep 22nd 2014, 7:03 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by JulieandDave
I was wondering how they decide where you go for the test, I live in Etobicoke so Mississauga makes sense, but Magnum lives in Ajax so you'd think he would go to Scarborough like you are.
Done and dusted.

18 out of 20 on the exam. Glad I studied on the weekend as if I had just bowled in I'd have probably got about 13/14 and leaving the rest to guessing.

I'm fairly certain I got a question wrong on Canada's highest mountain. I couldn't tell you the other question I got wrong.

The good news is at the interview they gave me a letter to go back and do the Oath next Tuesday. So just about finished now.

Last edited by JamesM; Sep 22nd 2014 at 7:09 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 9:55 pm
and the cat too

JulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JamesM
Done and dusted.

18 out of 20 on the exam. Glad I studied on the weekend as if I had just bowled in I'd have probably got about 13/14 and leaving the rest to guessing.

I'm fairly certain I got a question wrong on Canada's highest mountain. I couldn't tell you the other question I got wrong.

The good news is at the interview they gave me a letter to go back and do the Oath next Tuesday. So just about finished now.
Congratulations
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

Just got an update online... Test on the morning of October 8th, oath in the afternoon. Don't know where yet, and none of the Alberta locations have a citizenship ceremony listed for that date. Will have to see what the letter says. I think I applied a year ago today, so that's faster than I was expecting.

Time to start cramming!
Old Sep 24th 2014, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just spoke to my MP. Looks like CIC are insistent on pushing my application to their max processing time. 4 years! Sad times! My application will hit 4 years of processing in December!
Old Sep 24th 2014, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by roxye3
Just spoke to my MP. Looks like CIC are insistent on pushing my application to their max processing time. 4 years! Sad times! My application will hit 4 years of processing in December!
Absolutely unbelievable! Hang on in there!
Steve
Old Sep 25th 2014, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steveh27wp
Absolutely unbelievable! Hang on in there!
Steve
Thanks Steve! Will do my best. I feel a stiff letter coming on once this is all over!

Roxy
Old Sep 26th 2014, 1:49 am
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

I just received my Notice to Take the Oath!! 20th October is my date... just over a year since I first applied.... despite getting both fingerprints and a residence questionnaire!

HORRAY!

(full timeline coming)
Old Sep 26th 2014, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hpka
I just received my Notice to Take the Oath!! 20th October is my date... just over a year since I first applied.... despite getting both fingerprints and a residence questionnaire!

HORRAY!

(full timeline coming)
Congratulations
Old Sep 26th 2014, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm beginning to think the long wait times are just a Nova Scotia thing?
Old Sep 26th 2014, 3:11 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

OK, went back through the scanned documents and here is my timeline:

All dates are dates from the letters unless stated (add 5 days usually for them to arrive)
  • 3rd July 2009 - Arrived in Canada on a work permit... later went through BC Provincial Nominee Program
  • 5th May 2011 - Crossed the border at Peace Arch to become a Permanent Resident
  • [The time between then] - Ran the Residence Calculator a few times with all my holidays/trips away to work out when I could send the application: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do
  • 2nd October 2013 - Sent Citizenship Application to CIC Sydney ('s address)
  • 21st January 2014 - Acknowledgement Letter from CIC Sydney with Client ID and Discover Canada study book, but I think this arrived in the mailbox on 20th February. (By chance, I called on 17th February to find out my file number as I had heard nothing)
  • 26th March 2014 - Request for Fingerprints from CIC Vancouver
  • 4th April 2014 - Fingerprints taken at Commissionaires BC
  • 10th June 2014 - Test Notice
  • 2nd July 2014 - Citizenship Test passed. During the document check afterwards, they asked why I was in the airport in January 2010... wracked my brain but suddenly remembered a weekend trip to LA that hadn't been included on the Residence Calculation. Residence Questionnaire received (in person), and a very helpful CIC person said I should send it back to his attention.
  • 6th August 2014 - Residence Questionnaire sent to CIC Vancouver. Lots of help from both BE and here in finding where to pull all the required documents like health records and records of movement (hint: http://i94.cbp.dhs.gov for USA border crossings). The Canada Border Services Agency and UK Border Agency (since renamed to UK Visas & Immigration) Data Protection Act Request Responses had not arrived before the RQ had to be sent.
  • Still 6th August 2014 - I get home to find the CBSA records in my mail box. I know the CIC have them (I was requesting them so I could match up every record)
  • 11th August 2014 - Sent the CBSA records to CIC Vancouver anyway
  • 9th September 2014 - The UK Border Crossing Records arrive in the mailbox, the letter the sent is dated 20th August, and the report attached to them was run on 19th July...
  • 11th September 2014 - Sent UK Border Crossing Records to CIC Vancouver
  • 14th September 2014 - Clarification phone call from CIC Vancouver, wondering why they have an eTicket for a flight but no sign of it on the border records. I had just forfeited that flight, it was cheaper to buy a return ticket than a single, and mentioned that I had done so in the cover notes.
  • 20th September 2014 - Oath Notice letter sent by CIC Vancouver
  • 25th September 2014 - Oath Notice letter received by me!
  • 20th October 2014 - I will take the Oath!!!!

Last edited by hpka; Sep 26th 2014 at 5:06 pm. Reason: Fixed list and bolded major events
Old Sep 26th 2014, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Hi hpka,

did the UK border service agency have all the information of your flights? I contacted them and they said they only capture about 50% of flights in and out of the UK.

Did you post your residence questionnaire of before your UK entrance documents?

thanks Scott
Old Sep 26th 2014, 8:50 pm
Britnadian

Originally Posted by scottymallo
Hi hpka,

did the UK border service agency have all the information of your flights? I contacted them and they said they only capture about 50% of flights in and out of the UK.

Did you post your residence questionnaire of before your UK entrance documents?

thanks Scott
Yes to both.

The cover letter had the same warning, but all of my trips were there.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

that's good news, Mines a little more complicated as some of my trips were in 2009. The letter I received said they only keep records for 5 years. So nothing before Sept 2009 with be there! Did the UK letter have entrance and exit information?

all the best for your ceremony.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 9:18 pm
Britnadian

Originally Posted by scottymallo
So nothing before Sept 2009 with be there! Did the UK letter have entrance and exit information?.
It did give the limits of data retention and reasons etc. I sent a copy of everything I received to the CIC, so they could see it too. Seemed to work.

Last edited by hpka; Sep 26th 2014 at 10:08 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

All done, under 13 months from submittal to ceremony. Test was in the morning (20/20 ), with the ceremony in the afternoon. Was very impressed by the clerk - out of 93 names, she only stumbled on two, both the same, very Dutch, surname...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.