Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CBSA request coming up to 30 days - no reply

CBSA request coming up to 30 days - no reply

Old Nov 9th 2018, 4:27 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CBSA request coming up to 30 days - no reply

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Does it show ANY entry for any day around that date? 1st May was a Sunday.. did you arrive back in Canada before or after midnight?

If it doesn't then it could possibly be a problem if you are borderline on meeting the residency requirement for the application if you can't show when you returned - they could argue that you were out of the country for a week theoretically. Does it show other entries into Canada for other dates, or was that the only time you left the country? Did the I94 report show you leaving?

Did you request both exit and entry for the report?
"When requesting your Travel History Report, you must indicate whether you are seeking your exit information, your entry information, or both."
No nothing for around that time for entries.

I have 1128 days for the residency on physical presence calculator so i gave myself an extra 30 days or so.

Yeah I asked for both but I don't understand why the 1st may is not on there. Every other entry and exit match up with what I wrote apart from this one.

The i94 just shows the entry on 29 April 2016. I cant prove the trip with itenaries or tickets because it was a just a weekend across the border not a flight or anything.

Yes it shows entries into Canada for other dates. The next one was 24 July 2016.

I have an email address of someone at CBSA I can email so i am going to do that. I know I returned on 1st May because I kept a spreadsheet and updated it every time I left and reentered Canada with the dates and port of entry

Last edited by beckiwoo; Nov 9th 2018 at 4:40 am.
Old Nov 9th 2018, 6:24 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Just realized my COPR has 1 May 2016 listed as last entry into Canada - this was written down when I landed and I became a PR on 13 July 2016.

i sent a photocopy of my signed COPR with my citizenship application.

Apart from that I have a payslip from that period that showed no vacation pay was payed out (so I worked the full 2 weeks after returning to Canada) and a debit card transaction at Dollarama on 2 May 2016.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 7:47 pm
Bex in the city

So I have emailed the contact at CBSA (they are off until Tuesday due to the holiday).

i have also applied for my exit and entries from CBP via their FOIA account (hopefully more detailed then the i94 info).

is there anything I need to do in order to try and get this resolved?
Old Nov 15th 2018, 12:16 am
Bex in the city

Been sent a form today by someone dealing with the privacy requests - ‘Record Correction Request Form’ from The Government of Canada

it all looks simple enough except 3 questions st the top:

Information bank no.
information bank title
Other details specified in info source for this bank

so my first question is...what is ‘the bank?’ And please don’t say it’s where your money is held...
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:19 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Been sent a form today by someone dealing with the privacy requests - ‘Record Correction Request Form’ from The Government of Canada

it all looks simple enough except 3 questions st the top:

Information bank no.
information bank title
Other details specified in info source for this bank

so my first question is...what is ‘the bank?’ And please don’t say it’s where your money is held...

Found an HTML version of the form - for info: https://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-11-html-eng.asp
http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/atip/007006-0001-eng.shtml

Bank as in Government Department / Repository that is holding the information - such as CBSA?
So perhaps passport number or similar?
https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-bo...ion-banks.html
Personal information banks (PIBs) are descriptions of personal information under the control of a government institution that is organized and retrievable by an individual's name or by a number, symbol or other element that identifies that individual. The personal information described in a PIB has been used, is being used or is available for an administrative purpose.

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 15th 2018 at 5:13 am.
Old Dec 5th 2018, 3:38 am
Bex in the city

Update:

got a a letter from CBSA day that my request to add my entry back into Canada on 1 May 2016 has been refused because they can’t add entities at Port if Entries.

so I will have to submit the COPR as well as the bank statement showing a transaction made in Canada for the day after if IRCC ask.

Apparently my correction request has been added as a notation...

Let’s hope CBSA’s mistake doesn’t cost me my citizenship
Old Dec 9th 2018, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
With a Canada post strike looming probably wont get until Jan 5 next year
I think this Canada post strike only affects certain regions and geographies, not the whole of Canada. However it's still annoying.
Old Dec 9th 2018, 6:38 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
I think this Canada post strike only affects certain regions and geographies, not the whole of Canada. However it's still annoying.
It's pretty widespread.. plus you have huge backlogs
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/com...t=specialalert
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/comm/alert/list.page

Officially the strike may have been curtailed, but the Union is picketing now. - Look at the media releases: https://www.cupw.ca/en/collective-ag...ions-2017-2018
I've had packages held up at Ottawa and Mississauga since 4th December - and now Hamilton has a picket line and they're not allowing mail out

Disaster for me, I do 90% of my Christmas shopping online.. some items look like they won't be arriving until January.

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 9th 2018 at 6:43 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2018, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

One of our friends was fined for overstaying in a 15 minute only parking slot in a small street corner mall (2 restaurants, 1 coffee shop, fish shop, hairdressers and tiny general store) on November 4. He mailed in the payment 2 days later, and on Friday received notice that the fine has not been paid.

Fine given in Vancouver, payment office in Vancouver, payment mailed in Vancouver.

Obviously held up in the postal system somewhere!
Old Dec 9th 2018, 8:38 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
I’ve already received it...back in October
Old Dec 10th 2018, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It's pretty widespread.. plus you have huge backlogs
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/com...t=specialalert
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/comm/alert/list.page

Officially the strike may have been curtailed, but the Union is picketing now. - Look at the media releases: https://www.cupw.ca/en/collective-ag...ions-2017-2018
I've had packages held up at Ottawa and Mississauga since 4th December - and now Hamilton has a picket line and they're not allowing mail out

Disaster for me, I do 90% of my Christmas shopping online.. some items look like they won't be arriving until January.
Happy to report that in Toronto Dufferin I wasn't affected at all. At least so far.....