Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CBSA request coming up to 30 days - no reply

CBSA request coming up to 30 days - no reply

Old Oct 10th 2018, 2:49 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default CBSA request coming up to 30 days - no reply

I'm confused right now and wondering if my request is going to end up 'abandoned' as they have written it

I request my exits and entries on 11 September 2018 ready to double check before I send my citizenship application.
I received an email from a worker on 18 September 2018 requesting my passport number, Nexus number and Client ID.
I replied to the email the same day with the requested information.

Nothing confirmed and obviously the 30 days is up on the 11th October...I have just sent another email asking if they received the requested information.

If nothing comes through then ok as I'm 99.9% sure all my exits and entries are correct but still its annoying.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 3:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CBSA request coming up to 30 days - no reply

It took 35 days from my request to the info arriving in my mail box via snail mail last week.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 4:10 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
It took 35 days from my request to the info arriving in my mail box via snail mail last week.
Really? I was hoping for it to come through email.

When did you send your request?
Old Oct 10th 2018, 4:20 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo

Don't forget to check your spam boxes. We had emails from CIC that went to my regular inbox but others that went to spam.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 4:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

August 29 via the government website.

I was expecting it by email, but it came via Canada Post regular letter mail.

According to the date on the bottom of the sheets showing the entries, says it was printed on September 9th and the cover letter sent with it is dated Sept 28th which is the same as the post mark on the envelope. Appears to have been mailed from Ottawa.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

CBSA records usually come in the mail.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 6:08 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Snowy560
CBSA records usually come in the mail.
I find that odd as my immigration notes came via email (yes I know that is CIC)

That is disappointing for me. Why cant they just send it via email. My citizenship application is all printed and ready to go next Friday but as I'm 99.9% sure Im still sending it. The record will be useful if CIC want evidence of my exits and entries
Old Oct 10th 2018, 6:08 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
August 29 via the government website.

I was expecting it by email, but it came via Canada Post regular letter mail.

According to the date on the bottom of the sheets showing the entries, says it was printed on September 9th and the cover letter sent with it is dated Sept 28th which is the same as the post mark on the envelope. Appears to have been mailed from Ottawa.
With a Canada post strike looming probably wont get until Jan 5 next year
Old Oct 10th 2018, 7:47 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I find that odd as my immigration notes came via email (yes I know that is CIC)

That is disappointing for me. Why cant they just send it via email. My citizenship application is all printed and ready to go next Friday but as I'm 99.9% sure Im still sending it. The record will be useful if CIC want evidence of my exits and entries

I presume you have ticked the box that gives them consent to check your travels? If so, they shouldn't be asking for evidence as it will be there for them to see.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-a...r-rav-eng.html
When your travel history is needed as part of an application, such as the application for Canadian citizenship, check the form for the option to release your report. Using this option means that you will not have to request it yourself.

When this option is available, requesting the report directly from the CBSA will cause a significant delay to your application process.

Checking "Yes" on page 4, Question 14 (b) of your application form permits Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to collect the report on your behalf.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll get them but 6 weeks is the more likely timeframe.
Old Oct 11th 2018, 8:47 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I presume you have ticked the box that gives them consent to check your travels? If so, they shouldn't be asking for evidence as it will be there for them to see.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-a...r-rav-eng.html
When your travel history is needed as part of an application, such as the application for Canadian citizenship, check the form for the option to release your report. Using this option means that you will not have to request it yourself.

When this option is available, requesting the report directly from the CBSA will cause a significant delay to your application process.

Checking "Yes" on page 4, Question 14 (b) of your application form permits Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to collect the report on your behalf.
yes I have but I haven’t sent it off yet.

this was just for me to double check exits and entries as the CBP is a bit confusing with some of the entries
Old Oct 12th 2018, 4:06 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

yes I have but I haven’t sent it off yet.

this was just for me to double check exits and entries as the CBP is a bit confusing with some of the entries

My post was in response to this part of yours, lol.

"The record will be useful if CIC want evidence of my exits and entries"

Old Oct 12th 2018, 4:29 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Siouxie
My post was in response to this part of yours, lol.

"The record will be useful if CIC want evidence of my exits and entries"

Ok lol

I meant if they are still not happy with the response from CBSA then...you know what I don't even know anymore...I'm just going to send the damn application and hope for the best.
Old Nov 9th 2018, 3:33 am
Bex in the city

It finally arrived today!!!!

Turns out it was mailed out on October 12 but was sent back to them via Canada post because my Apartment number wasn't on it.

The thing is, I was asked on September 18 for my NEXUS PASSID which would have had my full address details (because you have to keep that up to date).

Anyway it all looks ok except one entry that I put down on my physical presence calculator from 29 April 2016 - 1 May 2016 (to my partners cabin for the weekend) - the 1st May is not on my list of entries (the ATIP traveller passage report sheet) but the 29 April is on my list of exits out of Canada (on the exit sheet) (29 April is also on the list of USA entries from CBP that I got through the i94 website).

Is this going to be a problem?
Old Nov 9th 2018, 4:15 am
Banned

It finally arrived today!!!!

Turns out it was mailed out on October 12 but was sent back to them via Canada post because my Apartment number wasn't on it.

The thing is, I was asked on September 18 for my NEXUS PASSID which would have had my full address details (because you have to keep that up to date).

Anyway it all looks ok except one entry that I put down on my physical presence calculator from 29 April 2016 - 1 May 2016 (to my partners cabin for the weekend) - the 1st May is not on my list of entries (the ATIP traveller passage report sheet) but the 29 April is on my list of exits out of Canada (on the exit sheet) (29 April is also on the list of USA entries from CBP that I got through the i94 website).

Is this going to be a problem?

Does it show ANY entry for any day around that date? 1st May was a Sunday.. did you arrive back in Canada before or after midnight?

If it doesn't then it could possibly be a problem if you are borderline on meeting the residency requirement for the application if you can't show when you returned - they could argue that you were out of the country for a week theoretically. Does it show other entries into Canada for other dates, or was that the only time you left the country? Did the I94 report show you leaving?

Did you request both exit and entry for the report?
"When requesting your Travel History Report, you must indicate whether you are seeking your exit information, your entry information, or both."

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 9th 2018 at 4:17 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.