Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Dec 2nd 2011, 4:51 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Will do, I couldn't remember this website so thanks for jogging my memory
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:12 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AINP Applicant
They wont let me post the link. Hmmmm
Check trackit

Some have received PPR in 3 months.
"They" do, but as a new poster links have to wait till a mod comes along to check that its not spam...

Patience is a virtue, found seldom in man and never in women
Old Dec 13th 2011, 3:05 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Ottawa requested our medicals at the end of October, which have all been done and sent off and received at CIC over 5 weeks ago. Lawyer emails us yesterday to say Ottawa now saying we need to get police check, photos, forms for my stepson in UK who has only recently turned 18. He had no intention of moving with us to Canada and is off to Un in the UK next year. We have 30 days to get all the info back to Ottawa so they can request his medical. We queried all this when we applied back in the summer as we were sure he needed to be included for meds etc and were told no by the lawyer.

Why the hell didn't Ottawa pick this up when they supposedly checked all the docs and then requested our meds over 7 weeks ago...not very happy. Now frantically trying to organise all this from here with Christmas right in the middle of it all
Old Dec 13th 2011, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Ottawa requested our medicals at the end of October, which have all been done and sent off and received at CIC over 5 weeks ago. Lawyer emails us yesterday to say Ottawa now saying we need to get police check, photos, forms for my stepson in UK who has only recently turned 18. He had no intention of moving with us to Canada and is off to Un in the UK next year. We have 30 days to get all the info back to Ottawa so they can request his medical. We queried all this when we applied back in the summer as we were sure he needed to be included for meds etc and were told no by the lawyer.

Why the hell didn't Ottawa pick this up when they supposedly checked all the docs and then requested our meds over 7 weeks ago...not very happy. Now frantically trying to organise all this from here with Christmas right in the middle of it all
That is really bad, you would think that they would have spotted that and requested it at the same time as your med requests!!

We had our medicals done 3 weeks ago and the doctors office that we used (3 weeks later) still haven't sent it all off to Ottawa!! I have called them and complained that they said it would only take 2 weeks and that we paid $1300 for a two week service!! I'm hoping they will arrive in Ottawa this week.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

AINP Applicant is on a distinguished road

From what I understand:

My Ecas says they started processing my file on 22 Nov while my medical request was sent to me on 4 Nov. So I believe they just send med request to people that have completed forms - thats it. They validate the information later. You can always email them and request for more time.

They process our application in Ottawa on a case by case basis. Just like AINP does. So do not worry as soon as you will submit the docs they will start processing your application and hopefully there wont be major delays.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
That is really bad, you would think that they would have spotted that and requested it at the same time as your med requests!!

We had our medicals done 3 weeks ago and the doctors office that we used (3 weeks later) still haven't sent it all off to Ottawa!! I have called them and complained that they said it would only take 2 weeks and that we paid $1300 for a two week service!! I'm hoping they will arrive in Ottawa this week.
Ok that's just weird. Did you conduct your med exams in Canada?
Old Dec 13th 2011, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Ok that's just weird. Did you conduct your med exams in Canada?
Yes in Saskatoon - the girl on the phone said they were waiting for the doctor to review our results.... I pointed out that I was told they would be sent out within two weeks but she just said there was nothing she could do.

Hopefully they will be sent out today
Old Dec 13th 2011, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

If I was you I would be in the Doc's office. My doc had sent them out in 2 days. I had completed my tests on Saturday and she had sent them out on Tuesday.

I would be livid if that happened to me.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Good news for me, my medical results have been received. I do not believe, ppr can come so soon. So I am just going to sit tight and not get super excited.

The process on an average takes 5 months, from the date of submission. (I keep telling myself that)!!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

If I was you I would be in the Doc's office. My doc had sent them out in 2 days. I had completed my tests on Saturday and she had sent them out on Tuesday.

I would be livid if that happened to me.
Yes I wasn't happy at all, and struggled to keep calm but upsetting the office staff may only delay it further so i was being careful. They did say it would take 2 weeks as they had to wait for the results to come back but the extra week for reviewing the results I was not expecting!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 9:27 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

Try to get the tracking number for the courier company from the DMP, we were able to track our meds to ensure they safely arrived in Ottawa, for what that was worth
Old Dec 14th 2011, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

Try to get the tracking number for the courier company from the DMP, we were able to track our meds to ensure they safely arrived in Ottawa, for what that was worth
I managed to get the tracking number today, they have sent it with Canada Post - it was still showing in Saskatoon today - not sure who long it will take to get to Ottawa but at least it is on its way
Old Dec 14th 2011, 3:12 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

I managed to get the tracking number today, they have sent it with Canada Post - it was still showing in Saskatoon today - not sure who long it will take to get to Ottawa but at least it is on its way
Good news

Still seems to be taking ages though even though it's supposed to be speeding up processing of cases. OH knows of 2 people he works with who had meds in September and still no passport request
Old Dec 14th 2011, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
"They" do, but as a new poster links have to wait till a mod comes along to check that its not spam...

Patience is a virtue, found seldom in man and never in women
I see what you did there but did anyone else notice
Old Dec 14th 2011, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Good news

Still seems to be taking ages though even though it's supposed to be speeding up processing of cases. OH knows of 2 people he works with who had meds in September and still no passport request
Oh no, that is 3 months and counting....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.