Canada - DUI conviction??

Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:38 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada - DUI conviction??

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The above 'new policy' is only for a one time visit though Siouxie, not for those wanting a TWP, so unfortunately doesn't apply to the OP.
Ah ok. thanks. Presumably he could still apply for a TRV though, he would just have to pay the $200/
Old Aug 27th 2013, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Applications for rehabilitation or Temporary Resident Permits can take several months to process at offices outside Canada.
Although they can apply at a Port of Entry for both IMHO that has the risks of being refused because of incomplete documentation for rehabilitation or the BSO elects not to issue a TRP regardless of what the latest CIC bulletin says about one time entry no fee TRPs.
To facilitate these circumstances and overcome the inadmissibility, a delegated authority should consider issuing a TRP.

NOTE; It says should not MUST, WILL or any other word that directs the officer to do a certain action.
Should is a suggestion not a MANDATORY action as CIC are now finding out.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

barcomi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just to let you know I applied for Criminal Rehabilitation approval on 13th April 2013 in London UK, and received a letter of approval via the post today. They also returned my bankers draft, because my case is considered spent in the UK after 5 years, and is in accordance with the Burgon case in Canada.

I committed DUI in April 2004 and got 9 months driving ban. Since I got my license back in 2005 it has been more or less 8 years.

The letter was dated 15th August 2015, but I only received it today. Altogether it took just shy of 5 months.

The scary part was, I sent the High Commission of London e-mail 2 months and they told me they couldn't find my details in their system (thought they have lost it). Even though currently PAFSO are in strike, seems they are still processing applications for rehabilitation, which I thought is very low on they list of priorities ...
Old Sep 5th 2013, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all
Default Re: Canada

Originally Posted by Degs3112
I would have thought that 8 years was a long enough duration to be deemed rehabilitated....

I was under the impression that a police check was not needed to enter canada under a TWP.

Worse than murder, holy crap, thats nuts!
I had points on my licence for Speeding and when I told my immagration lawyer that he informed me that Canada aren't interested In points for speeding though if I had murdered someone he would have a better chance of getting me in the country than of I had a DUI (which thankfully I dont).

Maybe seek some legal advice beforehand