Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Last stage of paperwork - nervous jitters!

Last stage of paperwork - nervous jitters!

Old Sep 5th 2013, 12:32 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last stage of paperwork - nervous jitters!

So I just have to say "Eeeee!" - we're at the final stretch of getting the paperwork together.

Just have to get hubbies photos done, he's got to refill in a form and complete the personal history on t'other ... which is doing my head in! If we only go back the 10 yrs (well actually works out to 13) it's only 3 lines as he's had long stints in his jobs, and I'm paranoid that it'll cause some officer to want more information as so little is there ... but going back further is a minefield of gaps of unemployment, temping, uni & it'll be an astronomical brain ache to try and map it. What to do what to do? Risk it? Would 3 lines be a flag? We've got the rest of the stuff in the bag (very clean cut case of spousal sponsorship with us being married, been together for 7 years, have a child).

Excited nerves that we're finally at the end of the paperwork!!!
Old Sep 5th 2013, 12:42 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last stage of paperwork - nervous jitters!

There's a reasonable chance he'll be asked to go back to age 18 in the personal history (if it's the somewhat notorious Schedule A, Question 8). Best to fill it in now rather than get stuck a few months down the line when they come looking for it.

Last edited by orly; Sep 5th 2013 at 12:45 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 1:42 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

The official line is that you only have to provide the last 10 years, but a load of people have been asked to provide the history since age 18. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for who gets asked, it seems to be up to the discretion of the officer examining the file.

If it were me, I would provide back to 18 just to be safe and to avoid having a delay if you get asked for it. But that's just me. No one is going to be able to tell you what to do on this one... putting only the last 10 years won't result in your application being rejected, just delayed if you have to fill in the form later. That said, you may not be asked.

The risk/reward is entirely up to you.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 2:13 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

We just went back 10 years, no further info required.

Regards

Andrew
Old Sep 5th 2013, 2:58 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Please can someone have a crystal ball LOL ... I know there's no "answer" ... just got to decide. My inclination and instinct is to go back to 18 as its better safe than sorry and avoid any potential delays. It's a bit like deciding to buy an extended warranty or insurance lol. Le Sigh!

Hopefully you'll get a post from me end of next week saying to put us on the spreadsheet Got to do a quick holiday on the IOW (perfect time to think out the history, over a pint and looking out over the ocean!) then getting that sucker in the post already! (Only 2 mths behind our original "schedule")

Big big thanks to everyone who has assisted me over the past couple of months with my peppering of questions! (And the months to come as we work out the logistics of actually getting ourselves there hehe)

x